The Passing of the Constitution was NOT valid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:13:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Passing of the Constitution was NOT valid
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Passing of the Constitution was NOT valid  (Read 6733 times)
ShapeShifter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2004, 03:54:53 PM »
« edited: April 03, 2004, 03:56:43 PM by ShapeShifter »

Sorry, but it was not done by an official person. It was done by a non-office holder. This vote IS invalid. We cannot have people hijack the process. For that, what is the point of having office position?

I call for AN OFFICIAL VOTE by an OFFICIAL PERSON.

I also call for, when the vote is done,

keep it SIMPLE and not complicated.

I like the recent thread wording for the voting thread.

No campaigning within the thread. Just keep it simple.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 03:56:20 PM »

LOL!  It passed.  
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 03:57:08 PM »

Before we have a Constitution, no one is more official than anyone else.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 03:57:36 PM »

The only reason we let this go on, is because someone thought that somebody else OFFICIAL had approved of it.  The case is that NOBODY OFFICIAL approved of it.  Therefore this should be null & void.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 03:58:03 PM »

No it did not. If the vote on PV was NOT official than everything else was not official.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 03:59:36 PM »

Nym, Dan & Harry all approved it by voting in it. Shapeshifter's proposed rule was non-existent at the time of the vote. A new rule should not apply retroactively to convict somebody in the past of committing a crime-- because in that case we would ALL be guilty of committing a crime by participating in an invalid vote for the ratification of the constitution.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2004, 04:00:14 PM »

The only reason we let this go on, is because someone thought that somebody else OFFICIAL had approved of it.  The case is that NOBODY OFFICIAL approved of it.  Therefore this should be null & void.

I agree. The whole thing should be null and void. More organization should be done. Everything is a mess and chaotic. We also SHOULD NOT rush the establishment of our constitution.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 04:00:18 PM »

I've all about had it with shapeshifter's bullsh**t.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 04:04:35 PM »

I've all about had it with shapeshifter's bullsh**t.

Good. I am tired of your bullshi* also.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 04:06:16 PM »

Your're avatar should be RI
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2004, 04:07:08 PM »

Nym, Dan & Harry all approved it by voting in it. Shapeshifter's proposed rule was non-existent at the time of the vote. A new rule should not apply retroactively to convict somebody in the past of committing a crime-- because in that case we would ALL be guilty of committing a crime by participating in an invalid vote for the ratification of the constitution.

Dan voted for it because he thought that someone official had called for a vote on it.  I voted for it because I thought Dan had approved of it.

NO ONE IS OFFICIAL!?!?  Are you saying the President has no power Nick G.  Are you saying that the President was not elected?
ShapeShifter

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2004, 04:08:37 PM »

Dan voted for it because he thought that someone official had called for a vote on it.  I voted for it because I thought Dan had approved of it.

NO ONE IS OFFICIAL!?!?  Are you saying the President has no power Nick G.  Are you saying that the President was not elected?

Exactly my point. Happy to see, that this issue is not a partisan one.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2004, 04:11:46 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2004, 04:12:59 PM by Beet »

Supersoulty, which "official" approved of the presidential election? None, because there was no official. So I wonder who this "official" is who you are referring to.  Maybe his name is Nym90? Guess what.. Nym90 participated in the thread!! And his VP Harry participated in Lewis's earlier thread set up in the same way!

also, now you are saying demrep isn't offical? I would say he is official for being a member of the cabinet.

ShapeShifter-- nobody ever said it was a partisan issue. This issue is about the hypocrisy of people who first participate in something to influence the result, but then when they dont win, they go like crybabies and make up all these new excuses that were 10,000 miles away from anyone's mind while the actual vote is going on.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2004, 04:14:27 PM »

Supersoulty, which "official" approved of the presidential election? None, because there was no official. So I wonder who this "official" is who you are referring to.  Maybe his name is Nym90? Guess what.. Nym90 participated in the thread!! And his VP Harry participated in Lewis's earlier thread set up in the same way!

ShapeShifter-- nobody ever said it was a partisan issue. This issue is about the hypocrisy of people who first participate in something to influence the result, but then when they dont win, they go like crybabies and make up all these new excuses that were 10,000 miles away from anyone's mind while the actual vote is going on.

what do you mean "when they dion't win", what is this all about, how can you win this vote?

The problem was that some of us didn't know what we were voting for exactly and several things contradicted each other.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2004, 04:18:22 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2004, 04:19:51 PM by Beet »

Since you, super, Shapeshifter voted against the pref. voting, but it passed, and you're trying to say it was invalid.

The contradictions should be dealt with, without taking out the entire vote. The specifics of prefvoting should be clarified without taking out the vote on the idea of prefvoting which passed. And I think you all knew was pv was, only JLD didnt know what it was and he didnt vote...
ShapeShifter

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2004, 04:20:17 PM »

Since you, super, Shapeshifter voted against the pref. voting, but it passed, and you're trying to say it was invalid.

The contradictions should be dealt with in their entireties, without taking out the entire vote. The specifics of prefvoting should be clarified without taking out the vote on the idea of prefvoting which passed.

First of all, I did not even vote ON the PV part in the FIRST un-official vote thread. I kept it blank because I foudn the whole thing confusing.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2004, 04:20:37 PM »

The contradictions should be dealt with in their entireties, without taking out the entire vote. The specifics of prefvoting should be clarified without taking out the vote on the idea of prefvoting which passed.

this isn't about preferential voting. We aren't the only ones complaining, personally I don't care about the preferential voting agreement, what I care about is the fact that these district maps are un-democratic and the regions are hardly any better considering we had already agreed there would be 10 states per region and that there should be no more than a 2 person difference between districts.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2004, 04:20:41 PM »

also, now you are saying demrep isn't offical? I would say he is official for being a member of the cabinet.

The people of the atlas "approved" of Nym, so there fore, he became official in the absence of officality.  He appointed a cabinet that was official.  As I explained before, Dan is official, I never siad otherwise, but he figured that it had been approved by someone official like Nym of Harry.  HELL, how would we even know if they approved of something or not, Nym never comunicates with us anyway.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2004, 04:22:57 PM »

First of all, I did not even vote ON the PV part in the FIRST un-official vote thread. I kept it blank because I foudn the whole thing confusing.

alright Shapeshifter, then why didn't you complain at the time that you didn't know what this issue was?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2004, 04:24:43 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2004, 04:26:33 PM by Beet »

As I explained before, Dan is official, I never siad otherwise, but he figured that it had been approved by someone official like Nym of Harry.  HELL, how would we even know if they approved of something or not, Nym never comunicates with us anyway.

Well Nym did vote in that particular thread, so why would he have voted in it if he thought it was illegitimate? If he didnt approve it he would have said so instead of participating in it.

JFK - not everyone agreed 10 states per region. But I agree that the contradiction needs to be resolved, only because it is a contradiction.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2004, 04:26:03 PM »

alright Shapeshifter, then why didn't you complain at the time that you didn't know what this issue was?

because It JUST came to my attention, by the way Beet, you voted FOR PV[not popular voting] So did you and NickG. You and him keep bringing it up about how we voted against it, and you voted FOR it. I will bet you, that the majority would find PV[not popular voting] unpopular.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2004, 04:28:43 PM »

because It JUST came to my attention, by the way Beet, you voted FOR PV[not popular voting] So did you and NickG. You and him keep bringing it up about how we voted against it, and you voted FOR it. I will bet you, that the majority would find PV[not popular voting] unpopular.

Shapeshifter, it just came to your attention that you left something blank b/c it was confusing? If you thought it was confusing & left it blank, you knew it was confusing then, but didn't say anything. The point is, if it had failed I would have accepted it. I voted for plan "A" regions and districts maps and that failed and I accepted it.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2004, 04:30:24 PM »

Shapeshifter, it just came to your attention that you left something blank b/c it was confusing? If you thought it was confusing & left it blank, you knew it was confusing then, but didn't say anything. The point is, if it had failed I would have accepted it. I voted for plan "A" regions and districts maps and that failed and I accepted it.

but the selected plan was contradictory to the constitution, therefore either one or the other MUST be invalid and it is a far better idea to invalidate that vote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2004, 04:31:46 PM »

Yes, you invalidate the part that was contradictory, no disagreement here.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2004, 04:33:19 PM »

Yes, you invalidate the part that was contradictory, no disagreement here.

which were the region and district plans, so they should be changed.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies