FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:03:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FL-Gov: Crist comeback getting underway  (Read 4748 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2013, 07:27:43 PM »

Staffing stage for now.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2013, 08:08:05 AM by Emperor SJoyce »

The Times ran a story a week ago on Crist's advisors. Still excellent news. Charlie 2014!
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »

Crust is the shiznit
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

I can't wait.

Crist 2014
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »

I would rather see DWS be governor.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 03:05:31 PM »

Congradulations to Crist, as he seeks his old job back. DWS, like Sink, as well as Wexler could only appeal to Southern Florida. Crist has outreach to Latino and Senior voters. As he is a Senior as well, who helped McCain win Florida against Romney.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 03:33:13 PM »

Congradulations to Crist, as he seeks his old job back. DWS, like Sink, as well as Wexler could only appeal to Southern Florida. Crist has outreach to Latino and Senior voters. As he is a Senior as well, who helped McCain win Florida against Romney.

I dunno about Sink only appealing to South Florida. DWS, yeah, Wexler, yeah, but Sink is from rural small-town Florida (Thonotosassa) and is pretty well liked in Tampa Bay - she also won some counties in 2010, namely Madison, Liberty, and Franklin, that candidates like DWS can't. Sink has also won statewide before.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »

You bring up a good point, I know this isn't the right thread but I wonder if there would be any chance Sink would run in FL-15 against Dennis Ross. I think she'd be a good candidate for that seat, he went unopposed in 2012 but this district represents rural Tampa suburbs and Lakeland.

I wonder if she has considered it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 04:07:52 PM »

I can't believe Dems are slobbering over Charlie Crist. We've waited 16 years for this? The idea that Crist is the only Democrat who can win in Florida is mistaken. Only a very unlucky confluence of factors screwed the Democrats in statewide races in recent years. In 2006, the Democrats could have taken the governorship, but the Republicans narrowly held on by nominating an extreme moderate (Crist). Then in 2010, we could have taken it again, except for extremely negative national factors that swept the country that year. Even so, Sink nearly won. I think Florida Dems can do better than Crist, but whatever.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 04:09:10 PM »

I can't believe Dems are slobbering over Charlie Crist. We've waited 16 years for this? The idea that Crist is the only Democrat who can win in Florida is mistaken. Only a very unlucky confluence of factors screwed the Democrats in statewide races in recent years. In 2006, the Democrats could have taken the governorship, but the Republicans narrowly held on by nominating an extreme moderate (Crist). Then in 2010, we could have taken it again, except for extremely negative national factors that swept the country that year. Even so, Sink nearly won. I think Florida Dems can do better than Crist, but whatever.

Do you have a suggestion for a candidate?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 04:14:13 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_gubernatorial_election,_2014#Democratic_primary
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_gubernatorial_election,_2014#Democratic_primary

Sink, Brown, and Crist are literally the only people on that list that would have a shot
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »

My fellow democrats,
Please!  You should support Charlie Crist:
-Rick Scott is a pure evil, he's diabolic. He's unpopular but he will probably try to buy the race again.
-And Charlie Crist is the best shot against him. The other democrat who could beat Scott is Alex Sink, who is probably not running because of her husband's death.
-A Charlie  Crist would have some great advantages: he would be able to be reelected in 2018, so the republicans would not control redistricting anymore. Or, he would seek the US senate in 2018, the best shot we would have!
-He was a "moderate" republican, a kind of Angus King who supported Bush in 2004 but Obama in 2008 and 2012. And King is currently supporting the democratic agenda in the senate, few defections.

So, don't create a tea party of the left because it could seriously damage us!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 05:18:25 PM »

My fellow democrats,
-Rick Scott is a pure evil, he's diabolic. He's unpopular but he will probably try to buy the race again.
-And Charlie Crist is the best shot against him. The other democrat who could beat Scott is Alex Sink, who is probably not running because of her husband's death.
-A Charlie  Crist would have some great advantages: he would be able to be reelected in 2018, so the republicans would not control redistricting anymore. Or, he would seek the US senate in 2018, the best shot we would have!
-He was a "moderate" republican, a kind of Angus King who supported Bush in 2004 but Obama in 2008 and 2012. And King is currently supporting the democratic agenda in the senate, few defections.

I may support Crist over Sink or Brown, but neither of them are unelectable liberals.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »

My fellow democrats,

I may support Crist over Sink or Brown, but neither of them are unelectable liberals.

A small rectification: I don't say they are unelectable! It's just that if they run (and crist too), it will be probably a challenge by the left, and it will really damage us. If Crist doesn't run, yes, I will be the first to make a priest for a Sink's bid, but if Crist runs, we must be behind him in the primary because he will be the best target!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »

Sink, Brown, and Crist are literally the only people on that list that would have a shot

And Brown probably wouldn't survive a primary. It's Sink or Crist, and whether Sink will even consider running is unknown after her husband's death. Democrats haven't won a statewide race during this century except for Bill Nelson or Sink in '06 - you get to have a pretty thin bench.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 06:18:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure I heard Sink isn't running.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »

Most recent I can find: "I’m just waiting for a sign. The good Lord will tell me what to do." And she's been speaking to the Pinellas County Democrats, the Hillsborough County Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, and she was spotted fairly recently at Emily's List HQ in Washington.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »

Doesn't matter. Obama's supporting Crist in the primary.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 11:34:30 PM »

Doesn't matter. Obama's supporting Crist in the primary.

If the Clinton's are thinking about 2016 they might endorse Crist and campaign for him.
Who better to have than the Gov of the largest swing state as your ally?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 06:26:44 PM »

As much as I hate Charlie Crist, I wouldn't mind that much if the Democrats won that race.  And it's not even final yet, so I'll be waiting for what he decides to do.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 09:43:46 PM »

As much as I hate Charlie Crist, I wouldn't mind that much if the Democrats won that race.  And it's not even final yet, so I'll be waiting for what he decides to do.

So Rick Scott is what it takes for you to support a Democrat?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 06:44:16 AM »

Crist wouldn't be my first choice in a primary, but I'd strongly support him against Rick Scott.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:32 PM »

Its laughable that some of you think Crist is in any way a moderate. To be a moderate would require him to stake out what his positions are, and he is the least likely to do that of anyone. If he was elected as a Democrat and thought he could better win reelection as a Republican there is no doubt he would switch back without a second thought. Crist's policies will be populist BS that will be liked because they sound good, no matter how terrible they actually are in practice.

I pray and hope that some democrat can knock him out in the primaries, it shouldn't be as hard as people think with all his baggage. I would donate all I could and be out knocking on doors to defeat Crist, I'd vote for Sink. And Brown isn't gonna run, his biggest Republican opponent for mayor just took a private sector job and he isn't gonna take the risk of giving potential opponents the ammunition that running for governor would provide.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies