Major Candidacy Announcement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:36:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Major Candidacy Announcement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Major Candidacy Announcement  (Read 739 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: February 23, 2005, 11:27:17 PM »

Well, I was expecting this, although a wee bit closer to the actual election. Wink En garde, Libertarian!

Senator Inactive? Excuuuuuuuse me? Just because I don't feel the need to write 30 paragraphs of text on every bill doesn't mean I don't read the bills, hoss. And I check the Fantasy Government thread first thing when I check into the Forum, to see if there is anything I need to take action on.

And I had certain goals to accomplish as a Senator, so I've stayed on target in trying to get them accomplished. I'm still awaiting the finale of the new Constitution to determine if I need to get NM moved into the Pacific, but other than that I'm happy to have played a significant role in passing serious electoral reforms (a tip of the hat to Senator Gabu for his great assistance in that), in defanging Migrendel's noxious Family Planning Act, in boosting the pay of Atlasia's armed forces, and in trying to reduce abortions through non-coercive means (I know you disagree with the means Supersoulty came up with, but the intent was good). I have stayed as true as possible to my Centrist-Populist philosophy, which means making some hard choices on the bills I'm presented with. Often, I support the intent of the bill but not necessarily the implementation of it. Trying to pass good laws is a lot harder for one who looks at several angles of an issue than for one who blindly follows ideology and partisanship.

And as for aloof from the concerns of his constituents, you and Dibble by yourselves do not make up the entire constituency of D4, ya know. Pfft. No jars of salsa for you two.

But we'll see what redistricting brings, Oh Political Foil. Grin

Et tu, Sam? ;-P
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 01:27:18 AM »

No, no.  You're not Senator Inactive, on the contrary, you're the one that's always doing stuff.  I was painting a general picture of the kind of people who don't really do anything in the senate.  So, please, can I have some salsa?

Sorry for the delay, I was going through other threads...

Ah, OK then...so, 'doing stuff' like voting in ways you don't like, eh? Wink Still beats doing nothing...

Sure thing: *sends three jars of El Pinto salsa, mild, medium, and hot, to Jake - it's President Bush Approved!* *seriously, it is - he ate there on one of his campaign visits last year Cheesy *
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies