A former forumite takes another crack at Congress (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:53:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  A former forumite takes another crack at Congress (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A former forumite takes another crack at Congress  (Read 3232 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 02, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »

Ok, racist.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 02:34:13 PM »

I received the highest percentage of the primary vote of any non-incumbent Republican since 1994

Talk about spin. Tongue

But really, I like Mike so hopefully he has better luck this time. I haven't talked to him recently, but going from a school board to Congress seems like kind of a big jump. Is there nothing in between he could try first?

While I believe this question is asked with the best intentions, I think it's wrong. If someone believes he or she can serve in Office X and they don't believe the current officeholder is doing a good job, it shouldn't become a matter of running for other "in between" offices first just to look good.

I obviously take issue with this because he is my friend but it really bothers me when a few people on an Internet forum choose to lob insults at someone that used to post here for losing an election. First of all, most of you don't even know him. Even if you know about him, why the hell are you trashing him? One commenter here is especially irritating for expressing so much joy over someone potentially failing. I don't recall the commenter and Mike having personally nasty battles here so what's with the hate?

Like or agree with each other or not, I think people here should have a level of respect for fellow Forum members that actually put themselves forward for elected office. Unless individuals had a very nasty history, there's no reason for the kind of trash talking that has gone on around here.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:47:17 PM »

His first username was simply Mike Assad.

He would have been thought of as one of the least likely posters to be an office holder. IIRC, I don't think that much time passed between his immaturity on Atlas and his running for office.

BTW, 8500 posts.

Not much time passed from 2004 and 2012?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies