Do you miss the Gold Old Days? (Your childhood) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:17:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you miss the Gold Old Days? (Your childhood) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well do you?
Yes

Not at all

Sometimes

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Do you miss the Gold Old Days? (Your childhood)  (Read 668 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: June 07, 2013, 06:39:35 AM »

Mixed bag.  I was pretty ill for most of my childhood--had a congenital heart problem (a ventricular septal defect) that wasn't surgically fixed till I was 8, and the very high blood pressure and heart murmur it gave me did not allow me to run around too much or get too excited and so on.  That and my poor eyesight also prevented me from having lots of friends at school, or doing too well there at anything at the beginning  I was also the youngest of seven boys, and I think my older brothers didn't like me much and mostly considered me a nuisance.  But there were some good things too; I did have one really close friend I hung out with all the time, that I still know, and I used to love hanging out in the living room and listening to two older brothers play guitar and sing.  There were also favorite cartoons and movies (the first Star Wars film--IV--appeared when I was seven, I think).  My mom also made great food and my dad could be a pretty nice guy.  It was like the rest of life--a mixed bag.  I miss some things about it sometimes, but I also am sometimes very glad it passed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies