Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:07:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164312 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: July 18, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »

This topic seems very uninteresting to you.....and it should be numero uno.

How about the dog?

The dog is doing great.  We have to find a way, though, to keep her from biting everything.  We got some "Critter Ritter" spray that's safe for dogs from Lowe's that we spray on everything on the porch, but it doesn't phase her much.  We're thinking of what else we can do.  We've already lost two outdoor chair cushions due to her chewing it apart and knocking all the stuffing out.  We're trying to think of what we can do to keep her from biting.  We smack her on the nose when she tries to bite us, but we're not getting through.  We're trying to teach her commands like "sit", "lie down", etc, but so far no luck.  We've got the electronic collar now, so we'll see how well that works in keeping her off the road.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1801 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:52 AM »

Sounds like the dog is bored, Bushie. It has behavioural problems. I think the rest of the forum will be quick to tell you why Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1802 on: July 18, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »

You know what else McDonalds offers?  Valuable skills in depression, humiliation, and totalitarian authority structures!

I'd also be concerned about asking a morbidly obese and terminally amotivated man to stand on his feet all day. It's a shame that we don't have stronger social services in this country - I would think that everyone who follows this saga could agree that it benefits no one to keep people like Bushie in the workplace. He's a zero marginal product worker at best.

Actually, when I work, I am one of the hardest workers there.  I get things done and don't engage in side conversations a whole lot.  I get my job done, go home, kick back, eat, sleep, get up, get the job done again.  Employers have praised my work ethic.  When I don't understand something or don't know what to do, I ask, I don't just sit there.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1803 on: July 18, 2013, 10:13:28 AM »

Bushie what is up with the 4 hour afternoon nap yesterday.

What's up is the man knows how to live.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1804 on: July 18, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »

Bushie what is up with the 4 hour afternoon nap yesterday.

What's up is the man knows how to live.

Sadly, opeob, you can get away with a 4 hour nap......but his is almost certainly health related from being a fat.....he might not make it to your age to enjoy the life of luxury.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1805 on: July 18, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »

It looks like I may have gained a pound somehow yesterday.  I know I stayed under the calorie goal, but its probably just a natural fluctuation.  I am now at 260.8 - 14 pounds under where I started in mid May.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1806 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »

I am reading Bushie's updates cover to cover. Just finished the first two threads.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1807 on: July 18, 2013, 11:13:45 AM »

You know what else McDonalds offers?  Valuable skills in depression, humiliation, and totalitarian authority structures!

I'd also be concerned about asking a morbidly obese and terminally amotivated man to stand on his feet all day. It's a shame that we don't have stronger social services in this country - I would think that everyone who follows this saga could agree that it benefits no one to keep people like Bushie in the workplace. He's a zero marginal product worker at best.

Actually, when I work, I am one of the hardest workers there.  I get things done and don't engage in side conversations a whole lot.  I get my job done, go home, kick back, eat, sleep, get up, get the job done again.  Employers have praised my work ethic.  When I don't understand something or don't know what to do, I ask, I don't just sit there.

The fact that ONG didn't take you back the day after you quit tells us otherwise. If you were such a valued employee, they would have taken you back on such short notice. It's much cheaper for them to keep you than to hire someone else, but they chose to hire someone else to take your place.

That, or you were pretty rude to them when you did leave.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1808 on: July 18, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »

jj the dog is bored. 

bushie have you lost interest in the dog?

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1809 on: July 18, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »

How about the dog?

The dog is doing great.  We have to find a way, though, to keep her from biting everything.  We got some "Critter Ritter" spray that's safe for dogs from Lowe's that we spray on everything on the porch, but it doesn't phase her much.  We're thinking of what else we can do.  We've already lost two outdoor chair cushions due to her chewing it apart and knocking all the stuffing out.  We're trying to think of what we can do to keep her from biting.  We smack her on the nose when she tries to bite us, but we're not getting through.  We're trying to teach her commands like "sit", "lie down", etc, but so far no luck.  We've got the electronic collar now, so we'll see how well that works in keeping her off the road.

Oh, good lord. As others have said, the dog is BORED. Dogs are social animals. They require interaction with humans and/or other dogs. They require serious amounts of play time. This is especially true for puppies. Since your dog is getting little or no exercise and/or interaction with other beings, of course it's going to lash out. In reality though, it's just trying to find something to do with itself. Believe it or not, there are creatures on this planet that actually like having things to do. I know you're not one of them but it does seem like your dog is.

Please, please, please consider giving this puppy to a family that will care for it. I'm serious, please. I think your heart is probably in the right place but you literally have no clue what you're doing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1810 on: July 18, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2013, 12:28:14 PM by All life is a blur of Republicans and meat. »

I finally heard the other day and the kids are doing okay.  They did get malaria, but they are recovering nicely.

Will you send them "get well" cards? It's bizarre how you never mentioned this on here and probably wouldn't have talked about it at all if Gramps didn't bring it up. Basically, it seems like the whole thing didn't phase you at all.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1811 on: July 18, 2013, 12:37:05 PM »

It's because he isn't their parent. He doesn't feel that connection with them. Hell, my mom still freaks out when I get a cold and I'm 25. Bushie just shrugs it off after his kids get malaria of all things.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1812 on: July 18, 2013, 12:48:17 PM »

It's because he isn't their parent. He doesn't feel that connection with them. Hell, my mom still freaks out when I get a cold and I'm 25. Bushie just shrugs it off after his kids get malaria of all things.

He posts every detail of his life on here and fb, but not a peep about the kids.......very strange.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1813 on: July 18, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »

Yeah, Bushie's reaction to his "kids" getting malaria is very strange.

And that poor dog. Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1814 on: July 18, 2013, 01:04:54 PM »

Yeah, I think he's moved on from those kids, especially since he seems so nonchalant about working. Either that, or his friends in OK have given him a hard time about calling them his kids. If he found out they had malaria, I would've expected an urgent prayer request or something! But he just mentions it in passing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1815 on: July 18, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »

He seems to really care for the kids right before he leaves for a trip to Kenya and while he is literally in Kenya but otherwise not so much. Out of sight, out of mind is how things are in Bushie world. It's the same thing with the dog he leaves outside all day.

Let's be honest, he wouldn't have even known about the malaria outbreak unless Gramps brought it up and thusly he wouldn't have inquired about how "his kids" were doing either. The man hears that his children's lives are in danger and his response is to nap all day. There's so many problems here one doesn't know where to begin.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1816 on: July 18, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

I say give Jeff Junior to Eraserhead or Dukey.....they'll love her and take care of her.  Poor dog.  Cry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1817 on: July 18, 2013, 02:13:49 PM »

Dukey doesn't need a pup pup. He has enough on his plate, and I want to wait till I have a serious lady so she can help me take care of it.. Wink
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1818 on: July 18, 2013, 02:38:11 PM »

Well, I already have two dogs. But hey, the more the merrier. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1819 on: July 18, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »

Well, I already have two dogs. But hey, the more the merrier. Tongue

You must be lying, E.  Bushie has told us two pets can't live together, even though my fb cover photo suggests otherwise.  Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1820 on: July 18, 2013, 02:50:09 PM »

One of the kids died.  Oh well.  The good news is that Grandma no longer has to pay the $30 a month on that kid and I can get new one!  Smiley

In other good news, J. J. has taken to being an outside dog really well lately!  He has stopped biting and even moving all together!  He's even made 5 new fly friends this morning so I don't have to go outside and play with him today!

Lunch today is going to be only 4 GRILLED hamburgers instead of my usual 4 hamburgers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1821 on: July 18, 2013, 03:13:05 PM »

These posts are so comical I don't even know where to begin.  I'll just say this about my kids.  I was concerned, yes, but I knew they were in good hands and I knew if anything were to happen to them the Maisha Director would be the first to let me know.  I also was not overly worried, because I know God is the Great Physician, so the kids were in the hands of the best doctor around.  I don't talk about the kids on here much because I respect their privacy and I want to protect them as much as possible.  Same goes with the rest of my family.  I only talk about them as it relates to my story.  That's not a boastful attitude, that's a respectful attitude.  Several people, who know I share quite a bit about my own life, have come up to me and asked me specifically not to share about them on facebook.  So, since they don't know about the forum and I try to be a man of integrity, I don't mention them on here, either.

As far as employment, I will say Duke is correct about ONG, but that was three years ago.  I have a better work ethic in the last three years than I did at ONG, my only problem is attendance.  I was young at ONG and in some ways in over my head.  I am waiting to hear officially about JCP and waiting until I get finished with VBS before I put in any more applications.  I've got about 4-5 places lined up that I want to apply at starting Monday.

King, you are really morbid, my friend...
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1822 on: July 18, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

I also was not overly worried, because I know God is the Great Physician, so the kids were in the hands of the best doctor around. 

The cringes I just experienced from this quote may have caused tremors.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1823 on: July 18, 2013, 03:25:46 PM »

I also was not overly worried, because I know God is the Great Physician, so the kids were in the hands of the best doctor around. 

Considering how many people have died worldwide from it over time I'm wondering what the ones who died did to make the Great Physician mad?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1824 on: July 18, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »

Considering how many people have died worldwide from it over time I'm wondering what the ones who died did to make the Great Physician mad?

Must've had pre-existing conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies