Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:25:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164317 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: July 18, 2013, 04:02:58 PM »

Oh, and there was no nap today.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1826 on: July 18, 2013, 05:36:26 PM »

Bushie, do you believe God only kills bad people?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1827 on: July 18, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »

I'm sorry but hahaha. Did you also manage to not die of thirst?  

Start stringing up some solid accomplishments.  If real, congrats on the start of the weight loss. Just imagine where you would be if you put in a serious effort.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1828 on: July 18, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »

That wasn't meant as a "feel sorry for me" thing, but rather "I can go a day without a nap."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It is my fingers that are typing!

I've got a CAD certificate about to get underway and still hope to have a job before too long.

Thank you!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1829 on: July 19, 2013, 05:15:09 AM »

The man hears that his children's lives are in danger and his response is to nap all day. There's so many problems here one doesn't know where to begin.

Problems?  What problems?  He's got the perfect way of dealing with the world.  It is you fellows who have problems.  Why should he be worrying or fussing about those pickaninnies?  He can't do anything about it.  Bushie shows an admirable attitude toward life - don't care too much, stay detached, have fun, sleep a lot and whenever you want.  Its great.  I strive to be more like Bushie. 

I'm going to have a nap right now.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1830 on: July 19, 2013, 10:27:54 AM »

Good Friday Morning!  I've got a few errands to run today, but I think I'm going to wait until 1330 to leave so I can go straight to the final night of VBS.  Tonight will be a shorter night of VBS, so I should be home by 2015 instead of 2115.  Tomorrow, all I have to do is go over to Grandma's and fix her computer and get gas for her tractor.  Sunday is a day of transition.  I have the final service at Woods Baptist Church from 1045-1215 and the first evening full time at Eastwood Baptist Church from 1700-1915.  Next week, I've got to really start tailoring my sleep schedule to school, because I start two weeks from Monday.  As of now, my biggest thing next week is an orientation for Metro Tech next Thursday, 25 July from 1200-1300.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1831 on: July 19, 2013, 09:02:33 PM »

This is Reply #1800.  We are rapidly approaching the end of Season VIII.  There are plans in the works for yet a Ninth Season.  Season VIII will not end until we get over 2,000 replies.

He literally cares more about this than finding a job. Sadly, we've all addicted poor, narcissistic Bushie to attention -- good or bad, clearly it doesn't matter.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1832 on: July 19, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »

A little evangelism note for which I will never apologize -

VBS 2013 is in the history books.  It was amazing to see how God worked in the lives of the children and the lives of the workers through the classes, through the worship time and the entire VBS program this week.  It is 100% evident that God is real, and that He's not only real, but that He's in complete control and that He loves each and every one of us.  Any who deny that are missing something grand, they're missing someone who loves them unconditionally for who they are, not for what they've done or what they will become.  Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1833 on: July 19, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »

So you believe we all gain salvation regardless of what we do?

If so, I'll see you in heaven, my man!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1834 on: July 19, 2013, 09:33:44 PM »

So you believe we all gain salvation regardless of what we do?

If so, I'll see you in heaven, my man!

Salvation comes by faith and trust in Jesus Christ and His grace, not by works.

Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works lest any man should boast."

Works has absolutely nothing to do with the "transaction" of salvation.

Verse 10 of that same chapter says "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

We are saved by grace through faith to do good works.  Works does not save us, and works cannot "unsave" a person.  Works are a by product of salvation.

So, yes, if you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He died on the cross for your sins, and He rose again - yes, I will see you in heaven. Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1835 on: July 19, 2013, 09:43:31 PM »

Even if I rape and murder children?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1836 on: July 19, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »

Even if I have loads of unprotected, pre-marital sex with a girl this weekend? The kind where I pull her hair and degrade her while she is taking it like a whore? He will still accept me into heaven?

I know I am a sinner and I am likely going to hell, but I do believe in Mr. Jesus, just in a far different way than you do...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1837 on: July 19, 2013, 10:04:41 PM »

To answer both Lief and Duke, the vilest offender who truly believes will be let in.  On the flip side, the most upright man who does everything right, never lies, never cheats on his wife, never gambles his way out of a home, never smokes, never drinks, never uses drugs, but never believe - he will NOT be let in.  The key to salvation is not what you do or don't do, but if you believe in Jesus.

As I like to say, some of us may come in smelling like smoke, but we'll be in!  For others, it doesn't matter if you miss heaven by a half an inch or a hundred thousand miles.  The fact is, you still miss it.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1838 on: July 19, 2013, 10:46:58 PM »

What a disgusting way to view the universe.
The worst part is that once he's dead he won't know he was full of crap. Because he'll be dead.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1839 on: July 19, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »

To answer both Lief and Duke, the vilest offender who truly believes will be let in.  On the flip side, the most upright man who does everything right, never lies, never cheats on his wife, never gambles his way out of a home, never smokes, never drinks, never uses drugs, but never believe - he will NOT be let in.  The key to salvation is not what you do or don't do, but if you believe in Jesus.

What a petulant and narcissistic deity you have there.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1840 on: July 19, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »

Yeah, Bushie's version of Christianity sounds horrible. No wonder he's so lazy and abusive to animals; every Sunday they tell him he doesn't have to do anything but believe in Jesus and he'll be happy for eternity once he's dead.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1841 on: July 19, 2013, 11:46:15 PM »

Pathetic.  Salvation should come from how you live, not whether you believe the right thing.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1842 on: July 19, 2013, 11:48:32 PM »

He's far from the only one.  I've encountered many, many Christians just like him.  And from roughly the same part of the country, too (though that shouldn't be surprising).  They can be as selfish, greedy and close-minded all they want their entire lives, but it's fine because Jebus will give them everything they want (that they couldn't already grab during life) when they die.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1843 on: July 20, 2013, 12:38:07 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2013, 12:42:31 AM by All life is a blur of Republicans and meat. »

It'd be weird to be in heaven chilling next to a prolific child killer. It sounds like Bushie would be fine with that though. I guess it makes sense considering his version of Christ is the most prolific child killer that there is. He is in total control of everything that happens after all.

Oh well, I won't be making it to heaven anyway, so I guess I shouldn't concern myself with any of this.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1844 on: July 20, 2013, 01:39:23 AM »

This is why Bushie doesn't care about all the awful things that he does; it doesn't matter to him because he's saved no matter what he does. It's not important that he be a good person.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1845 on: July 20, 2013, 02:25:37 AM »

As I like to say, some of us may come in smelling like smoke, but we'll be in!  For others, it doesn't matter if you miss heaven by a half an inch or a hundred thousand miles.  The fact is, you still miss it.

So you can just act however you feel like in this life? Maybe go murder a person or two but that's totally fine if you believe in Jesus. If that is what most Christians believe, that is absolutely scary.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1846 on: July 20, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »

Oddly under Bushie's theology (which I obviously don't adhere to) gay and lesbian Christians would be fine and saved even if homosexuality is a sin. But how many who adhere to that do accept LGBT Christians? Actually that puts gays as worse than murderers.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1847 on: July 20, 2013, 02:39:55 AM »

I've already been to heaven
After 5 minutes I was like "let's go"
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1848 on: July 20, 2013, 03:04:25 AM »

That's Bushie's brand of Christianity...

It doesn't matter if you abuse your body, treat others like crap and think entirely of your own gratification... as long as you condemn the right people and spout out-dated and intellectually flawed crap... you're goooood.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1849 on: July 20, 2013, 03:51:52 AM »

Jesus Christ.. literally. I used to subscribe to the same theological thinking as Bushie (to me, what he said is Christianity, period, if the Bible is your guide.) You guys are missing the point.

- Everyone has sinned, therefore no one is acceptable to a perfect God
- Jesus, who didn't sin, took the punishment for us
- If you accept this you are free from sin
- Now that you are free from sin, live as holy a life as you can

The Bible says we should not sin freely like there are no consequences because duh, that makes the whole thing look retarded, and furthermore it means you must not seriously believe. If you are saved, it will show outwardly by your works.

This is one of the best things to people about Christianity. You can always come back.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies