Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:58:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164280 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1925 on: July 22, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »

Inks, God worked through the teachers or the powers that be to end the strike.  Everything good is credited ultimately to God.  As sinful humans, we cannot do anything good on our own, we must have the Holy Spirit working through us.  We may do good acts, but without the Holy Spirit, the heart behind the good acts is not God honoring.  Ultimately, that's what our life on earth is about - giving glory and honor and praise to Almighty God.  We were all made in the image of God, therefore we exist for His pleasure and to advance His kingdom.  Our purpose on earth is crystal clear - to know God and make Him known.  No if's, and's, or but's about it and no negotiation.  Our lives exist for that very reason.  We each has different ways that we are gifted to make Him known, but every single human that has ever walked the face of the earth has the exact same purpose.  God said it, that settles it.

But just because it's part of God's entire plan doesn't mean he specifically put his hand in this situation.  Humans can do good.  Humans can be "good people", but in the grand scheme of things, that does not matter.  Just because something is in God's "plan" doesn't mean he specifically set it in motion.  Sometimes he lets free will take its course.

I see what you're saying.  What I am saying is a bunch of us who were in Kenya have been praying for this strike to end and its definitely an answer to prayer, so God definitely had a hand in it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1926 on: July 22, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »

A major prayer has been answered!! When we left Kenya earlier this month, there was a teacher's strike that prevented students from going to class right around exam prep time. After much prayer from God's people, the teacher's strike has been called off, so the teachers and the students can return to the classroom and prepare for and take the necessary exams later this summer! So proud of several young men and women in Kenya who, instead of partying while the teachers were on strike, organized study sessions with their peers to study on their own for the exams. They take their schooling seriously and with pride! That hit home to me when I heard that. Thank you, LORD!!

You really think God meddles in teacher's strikes?  Doesn't that kinda go against the principle of free will?  Or do you not believe in free will?

Bushy's theology has not been fully fleshed out. I propose we start a fund to put him through seminary. That would be worth a season or 3 of stuff.

3 seasons? That's it? You underestimate the power of the Update. Smiley

Yes... it's amazing how much power a narcissistic crazy man has...

It is amazing, isn't it. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1927 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »

I'm not too knowledgeable on old portraits.  Is that John Calvin?  If so, I have a lot in common with Calvinism.  I'm not a full Calvinist, but I do believe in the TULIP doctrine, mainly.

How can you not be a full Calvinist but believe in TULIP?  You have to be missing at least one of the points.  Or are you a 4.5er?

Of course, had you simply looked at the image's properties, you'd have known that's Oliver Cromwell, and not Calvin (who had a beard).

I am very close to full Calvinism.  I have what is called a "reformed theology", which believes in all five phases of the TULIP.  If that makes me full Calvinism, so be it.

I did look at the properties of the picture, and I saw the name Cromwell, but for some stupid reason I was thinking that was the painter, not the subject of the painting.  My mind did not connect Oliver Cromwell until Polnut clarified it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1928 on: July 22, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »

Well, so much for wanting to get up early this morning.  Our security alarm started blaring away at 4 am today, so we had to get that to quiet down.  Nobody tried to break in and there was no activity at the shops which are also armed, but the alarm still went off and woke us up.  Since the Yankees/Red Sox game didn't end until midnight, I was planning to get up by 0700, but the alarm kind of messed everything up, so I didn't get up until 0930. Sad  Oh well.  Thankfully, I don't have anywhere to go today.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1929 on: July 22, 2013, 10:37:44 AM »

Did you ever hear back from JCP? Did you ever apply to anywhere else or is the job search suspended so you can focus on school?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1930 on: July 22, 2013, 10:38:40 AM »

97 today and 99 tomorrow........bring the dog in after you walk it.  K? Thx.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1931 on: July 22, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »

walk it?  lol.  bushie walking?  bushing walking in 99 degree weather?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1932 on: July 22, 2013, 11:31:05 AM »

walk it?  lol.  bushie walking?  bushing walking in 99 degree weather?

True, but he could walk it before it reaches 99 but damn he better bring it in.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1933 on: July 22, 2013, 11:38:53 AM »

Did you ever hear back from JCP? Did you ever apply to anywhere else or is the job search suspended so you can focus on school?

I haven't heard back from JCP, so I'm moving on.  I've put it in another app this morning (to Kohl's) and will put in an app to Walmart this afternoon.  I'm not suspending the job search.  Even while I'm in school, I can still interview in the late afternoons as I get out of school at 1415 everyday.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1934 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »

Our Dear Friend working at Walmart. Never saw that one coming.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1935 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »

Grumps, since I woke up late, put in an application, and helped Mom with the vacuuming, I haven't had time to walk JJ, but since it is already over 90, the dog is inside.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1936 on: July 22, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »

Our Dear Friend working at Walmart. Never saw that one coming.

And all you who encouraged him toward toils are to blame for this travesty.  All I can hope for is that he will quit after the first day as any man of honor would do...
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1937 on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »

bushie's goal for the day is to not take a nap.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1938 on: July 22, 2013, 12:31:54 PM »

bushie's goal for the day is to not take a nap.

You're right about that.  A worthy goal, if I do say so myself. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1939 on: July 22, 2013, 12:45:57 PM »

Whoa, nelly!  Something in the employment field could, I repeat COULD, be brewing!  My first ex-fiancee' who is still a great friend, is trying to get me back on with ONG in a different capacity than I left.  She is trying to find me a full time, evening job that I can still go to school and work at the same time.  It would probably be in dispatch.  I don't know if it will work considering how I left them 3 years ago, but its worth a shot.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1940 on: July 22, 2013, 12:47:42 PM »

Whoa, nelly!  Something in the employment field could, I repeat COULD, be brewing!  My first ex-fiancee' who is still a great friend, is trying to get me back on with ONG in a different capacity than I left.  She is trying to find me a full time, evening job that I can still go to school and work at the same time.  It would probably be in dispatch.  I don't know if it will work considering how I left them 3 years ago, but its worth a shot.

I know who you're referring to so if you take that job you better not screw it up and get her in trouble.  Or she'll just probably kill you herself.  Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1941 on: July 22, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2013, 01:04:27 PM by Kenya 2015 »

Whoa, nelly!  Something in the employment field could, I repeat COULD, be brewing!  My first ex-fiancee' who is still a great friend, is trying to get me back on with ONG in a different capacity than I left.  She is trying to find me a full time, evening job that I can still go to school and work at the same time.  It would probably be in dispatch.  I don't know if it will work considering how I left them 3 years ago, but its worth a shot.

I know who you're referring to so if you take that job you better not screw it up and get her in trouble.  Or she'll just probably kill you herself.  Smiley

lol!  She's the type of person that would. Smiley

She's the type of person that would say "Fk the law, this guy's gotta go."
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1942 on: July 22, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »

Thank God! His ex-fiancee is being introduced! Finally this Update may have taken a turn for the better. Last time his ex-fiancee made an appearance, she found him Tiffanye! If only she will deliver him a new lover along with a job!

One reoccurring theme is the way he left ONG. He must have been a real bastard to them.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1943 on: July 22, 2013, 02:14:42 PM »

Thank God! His ex-fiancee is being introduced! Finally this Update may have taken a turn for the better. Last time his ex-fiancee made an appearance, she found him Tiffanye! If only she will deliver him a new lover along with a job!

One reoccurring theme is the way he left ONG. He must have been a real bastard to them.

I wasn't mean, but I gave a 3 day "notice".  I notified my boss on Tuesday and walked out on Friday.

Clearly not even close to the customary 2 weeks.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1944 on: July 22, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »

His first ex-fiancée. Classic.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1945 on: July 22, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »

His first of three ex-fiancées. Classic.

Ftfy
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1946 on: July 22, 2013, 02:24:17 PM »

How many ex-fiancees does Bushie have? Three? The first one happened before the update began, correct?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1947 on: July 22, 2013, 02:26:32 PM »

How many ex-fiancees does Bushie have? Three? The first one happened before the update began, correct?

Yes, I have three.  Technically, four, because this first one was my fiancee' twice.  The first time was late 2005/early 2006 and the second brief time was late 2006/early 2007.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1948 on: July 22, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »

We just need her to find you another girl. It's been years now. It's time Bushie's love life was revisited. It will lighten up the mood.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1949 on: July 22, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »

We just need her to find you another girl. It's been years now. It's time Bushie's love life was revisited. It will lighten up the mood.

I'll bet there are plenty of putana attending CAD school which might fit Our Dear Friend's fancy.   
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies