Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:57:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164388 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: June 19, 2013, 03:09:46 PM »

Who knows. I just think he's still a kid mentally, so he enjoys playing with kids. Me, no thanks.

But the Heisenberg Bushie could be loving on them for some diabolical reason, like feeding them Lily of the Valley plants so he can seduce their mothers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #826 on: June 19, 2013, 03:39:00 PM »

First of all, thanks for the kind words Memphis.

As far as my tasks are concerned, Grumps, I will be helping to build the Maisha Kitchen and Dining Hall, helping in a medical clinic that we are providing, ministering to people in the slums and the villages, playing with the kids, etc.  By "loving on kids", I mean playing with them, feeding them, giving them shoes, showing how they can support themselves and showing them they are loved that someone does love them and does care for them.  These kids a lot of times have not experienced what it means to be loved.  We try to show them what it means.  We don't give hand outs, we try to give these kids a hand up.  Hand outs only create beggars.  These kids have been beggars their whole lives.  We try to give them a hand up and show them how they can be self-sustaining through secular education, spiritual education, and the other things I mentioned above.

My diet will consist of primarily chicken at every lunch and especially every dinner, rice, beans, lintels, maize, some kind of slaw, maybe another vegetable with fresh fruit for dessert such as mini-bananas, kiwi, mango, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, etc.  There won't be many apples or oranges, but a lot of the other fruits will be there.  For breakfast, I will enjoy eggs made to order, bread, toast, coffee, margarine, jelly, all the fruits mentioned above.  The primary beverage at all meals will be water.  They do have Coke and Sprite made with real sugar, not the HFCS that we are accustomed to here at home.  The cokes, I think, taste much better down there than up here.  Last year, I bought one bottle of coke every night for 50 schillings, but that was after downing at least 8-9 glasses of water, so the hazards of the coke wasn't that much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #827 on: June 19, 2013, 03:40:17 PM »

Who knows. I just think he's still a kid mentally, so he enjoys playing with kids. Me, no thanks.

But the Heisenberg Bushie could be loving on them for some diabolical reason, like feeding them Lily of the Valley plants so he can seduce their mothers.

You've got to be a kid.  Being a kid at heart prevents old age from setting in too early.  I do have moments myself where I don't have the kid mentality and usually those are the times that I feel old age knocking at my door.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #828 on: June 19, 2013, 03:48:25 PM »

You can buy those kind of cokes here too. There's fondly known as "mexican coke." When I do drink a regular soda, and that's rare, it's a mexican coke.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #829 on: June 19, 2013, 03:56:43 PM »

We don't give hand outs, we try to give these kids a hand up.  Hand outs only create beggars.  These kids have been beggars their whole lives.  We try to give them a hand up and show them how they can be self-sustaining through secular education, spiritual education, and the other things I mentioned above.

lol
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #830 on: June 19, 2013, 04:02:03 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2013, 04:06:14 PM by Lіef »

Last year, I bought one bottle of coke every night for 50 schillings, but that was after downing at least 8-9 glasses of water, so the hazards of the coke wasn't that much.

What... no... that's not how nutrition works.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #831 on: June 19, 2013, 04:09:30 PM »

It is just after midnight Thursday morning in Kenya (00:10) so technically, you can say I will be in Kenya tomorrow night!  I land in Nairobi at 23:35 local time Friday night, June 21, 2013 (15:35 in Oklahoma).
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #832 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:53 PM »

Are there no laws in Kenya requiring qualifications to work in a medical clinic or in construction? The idea of Bushie (or me) doing either is tremendously reckless.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #833 on: June 19, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »

Are there no laws in Kenya requiring qualifications to work in a medical clinic or in construction? The idea of Bushie (or me) doing either is tremendously reckless.

Bushie or you could help with construction in America as well. Haven't you ever heard of Habitat for Humanity?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #834 on: June 19, 2013, 07:44:27 PM »

question for bushie:  is the phrase 'loving on kids' used widely in your church?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #835 on: June 19, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »

Last year, I bought one bottle of coke every night for 50 schillings, but that was after downing at least 8-9 glasses of water, so the hazards of the coke wasn't that much.

What... no... that's not how nutrition works.

Im gonna have a whole strawberry cheesecake; its all good though I had tablespoon of spinach for dinner.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #836 on: June 19, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »

To be fair though, Bushie believing that the secret to weight loss is drinking above average amounts of water has been one of the enduring tropes of the Update saga.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #837 on: June 19, 2013, 08:04:56 PM »

To be fair though, Bushie believing that the secret to weight loss is drinking above average amounts of water has been one of the enduring tropes of the Update saga.

Yes, he believes it's that easy, yet he can't bring himself to do it!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #838 on: June 19, 2013, 08:22:01 PM »

Construction for sure there will be no qualifications in 'developing' countries (and to be honest I doubt there are many in the US outside urban-unionized cores).  As for the clinic I guess there would be but they'll probably be routinely ignored as there is unlikely to be any enforcement - he'll probably just be giving sponge baths or something like that.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #839 on: June 19, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »

Bushie or you could help with construction in America as well. Haven't you ever heard of Habitat for Humanity?
I presume H4H includes some sort of training that is not possible on a 2 week trip. Surely they don't merely pass out lumber and nails. Do you think it is even wise/realistic for Bushie to use a ladder at his size?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #840 on: June 19, 2013, 09:09:23 PM »

Is there any chance that James Gandolfini's death at age 51 will serve as a wake up call, Bushie? You're probably in worse shape than he was. At least he was fairly tall.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #841 on: June 19, 2013, 09:50:32 PM »

Good Wednesday Evening!  It is approaching 22:00 and I am home from an enjoyable evening.  The Bible Study went well and now I am relaxing the rest of the evening.  I will go to bed around 00:30 and wake up at 03:00.  I have 2 hours until Kenya 2013 begins at midnight, 8 hours until I leave for the Airport, and 12:40 until the flight departs for Washington, Dulles.

As far as the clinic goes, I will not be administering any kind of medication or any kind of injection or what have you.  I will just be handing the nurse and the doctor whatever they need or signing patients in or handing the patients the pre-packaged medication that the nurse or doctor prescribe and tell me to hand to them.  I'm basically going to just be a "go-fer".

As far as the construction goes, HoH is a great ministry on its own, and there are some people who are called to serve with HoH.  Yet, there are also some who are called to serve overseas.  I believe my calling is overseas.  I have nothing against HoH and in fact have all the respect in the world for them, but I just feel my calling is overseas.

I've heard if you're going to drink a coke, drink at least that much water if not double.  Now, that's just hearsay and I can't scientifically back that up, but that is what I've heard.  It sounds logical though.  Plus, I'll be getting in a bunch of exercise during the day, so I figure one relaxing coke is not going to hurt me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #842 on: June 19, 2013, 10:22:57 PM »

Alarm is set for 02:45 Thursday Morning which is just a little over 4 hours from now. I may do myself a favor and go to bed before midnight. I'm also going to set my watch ahead to Kenya time in just a moment. It is approaching 6:30 am in Kenya (22:30 here).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #843 on: June 19, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »

Bushie, you do realize water doesn't reduce the sugar you've eaten or drank nor does it reduce the amount of calories you've eaten, correct? Drinking a coke is drinking a coke. There's no "okay" way to drink it versus a bad way.

And you're waking up at 3am for a 12:40 flight??
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #844 on: June 19, 2013, 10:36:37 PM »

Bushie, you do realize water doesn't reduce the sugar you've eaten or drank nor does it reduce the amount of calories you've eaten, correct? Drinking a coke is drinking a coke. There's no "okay" way to drink it versus a bad way.

And you're waking up at 3am for a 12:40 flight??

I'm waking up at 2:45 am for a 10:40 flight.  I have to be the airport no later than 7:40 am (3 hours is required for international flights, especially for larger groups), and Dad is the one taking me to the Airport and he has to be at work at 6:45.  He works 15 minutes from the Airport and we live 30-35 minutes from the Airport, so we're leaving at 6:00 so I can get there by 6:30 and he can get back to work by 6:45.

I believe that after having a bunch of healthy stuff during the day, one is entitled to a little cheat drink or snack.  It doesn't have to be all healthy all the time with no diversions.  One coke a day with 8-9 glasses of water and a bunch of exercise is not going to undo everything accomplished that day.  If anything it might erase 1 or 2 glasses of water.  I won't go overboard, but one has to drink more than just water.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #845 on: June 19, 2013, 11:29:27 PM »

Water can erased? News to me. It was my understanding that we're drinking the same water that quenched the thirst of the dinosaurs all those years ago.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #846 on: June 19, 2013, 11:30:58 PM »

Water can erased? News to me. It was my understanding that we're drinking the same water that quenched the thirst of the dinosaurs all those years ago.

Should have used the phrase "cancel out the benefits of".  Bad terminology.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #847 on: June 19, 2013, 11:32:07 PM »

Is there any chance that James Gandolfini's death at age 51 will serve as a wake up call, Bushie? You're probably in worse shape than he was. At least he was fairly tall.

Glad I'm not the only person who thought about Bushie after hearing the sad news.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #848 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »

It is 23:35 and bed time is in 40 minutes. My alarm goes off in just 3 hours 10 minutes. Smiley
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #849 on: June 19, 2013, 11:35:53 PM »

Should have used the phrase "cancel out the benefits of".  Bad terminology.
Except that it's still factually inaccurate. Drinking water does not burn calories. Well, I suppose the act of swallowing must use some energy, but that's negligible. Get on a treadmill and see how hard you have to work to burn off a soda. You may be surprised.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies