Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 157154 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: June 18, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »

When is the closing on your house?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #651 on: June 18, 2013, 10:17:31 AM »

When is the closing on your house?

Darn bank is dragging their heels.  We were supposed to close in mid-May, but now it looks like it will be early July after I get back.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #652 on: June 18, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »

Japanese 18th Century literature might be better, that way at least Nathan will post in it.

More like tenth through fifteenth and late nineteenth through early twentieth, unless we're talking poetry or kaidan.

Does this include that I am a Cat book?

(Sorry, ignorant of Japanese literature to an extremely high extent. Really the only names I know are Kwabata, Oe, Mishima, and Basho. Oh, and Murakami.)

Sōseki's writing period is 1903 through 1916 and 吾輩は猫である is towards the beginning of that, so yes.

Two questions: First, which Murakami? Haruki is the more famous in the West, but I maintain that Ryū is the better writer. Second, do you like psychological tragedies, philosophical war stories, or family melodramas? If so, then we have much to discuss.

I Am A Cat is an awesome book!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #653 on: June 18, 2013, 10:23:27 AM »

Japanese 18th Century literature might be better, that way at least Nathan will post in it.

More like tenth through fifteenth and late nineteenth through early twentieth, unless we're talking poetry or kaidan.

Does this include that I am a Cat book?

(Sorry, ignorant of Japanese literature to an extremely high extent. Really the only names I know are Kwabata, Oe, Mishima, and Basho. Oh, and Murakami.)

Sōseki's writing period is 1903 through 1916 and 吾輩は猫である is towards the beginning of that, so yes.

Two questions: First, which Murakami? Haruki is the more famous in the West, but I maintain that Ryū is the better writer. Second, do you like psychological tragedies, philosophical war stories, or family melodramas? If so, then we have much to discuss.

I Am A Cat is an awesome book!

jamespol might like that book!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #654 on: June 18, 2013, 10:25:55 AM »

I saw your post, Bushie. My only qualm is that you're "looking at" getting the pup pup a house, just like you've "looked at" losing weight for 3 years now. It's hot, you're unemployed and doing nothing but napping and eating all day, so go get the poor thing a house now. It's the middle of June in Oklahoma and that poor little puppy is sitting in the heat all day while his owner does nothing. Come on, man!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #655 on: June 18, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »

I saw your post, Bushie. My only qualm is that you're "looking at" getting the pup pup a house, just like you've "looked at" losing weight for 3 years now. It's hot, you're unemployed and doing nothing but napping and eating all day, so go get the poor thing a house now. It's the middle of June in Oklahoma and that poor little puppy is sitting in the heat all day while his owner does nothing. Come on, man!

We're exploring our options for the sturdiest dog house.  We plan to get one before the week is up.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #656 on: June 18, 2013, 10:33:09 AM »

We're exploring our options for the sturdiest dog house.  We plan to get one before the week is up.

I sure as hell hope you dont wait that long.......mid to upper 90s and you're exploring.....go get one, it's cruel not to.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #657 on: June 18, 2013, 10:35:16 AM »

I sure as hell hope you dont wait that long.......mid to upper 90s and you're exploring.....go get one, it's cruel not to.

The next two days are supposed to be in the 80's and then gradually warming up into the low to mid 90's by the weekend.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #658 on: June 18, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »

It's so frustrating. Exploring? You can't explore sitting on your couch watching baseball and napping. This is a poor little puppy. I saw the pictures. He's adorable. Don't leave him outside in the upper 80s and 90s. It's bad enough you won't bring him inside, but some dogs do live outdoors. But to leave him outside without shelter is just cruel to the poor thing.

Quit being lazy and get the little pup pup a house. Someone ought to call the animal helpers and give that poor dog a home where he will be cared for.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #659 on: June 18, 2013, 10:41:24 AM »

It's pretty disgusting to me to leave domesticated animals outside most of the time in this day and age. I'm not even like an animal freak either; it just seems wrong.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #660 on: June 18, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »

It's so frustrating. Exploring? You can't explore sitting on your couch watching baseball and napping. This is a poor little puppy. I saw the pictures. He's adorable. Don't leave him outside in the upper 80s and 90s. It's bad enough you won't bring him inside, but some dogs do live outdoors. But to leave him outside without shelter is just cruel to the poor thing.

Quit being lazy and get the little pup pup a house. Someone ought to call the animal helpers and give that poor dog a home where he will be cared for.

Quit your whining.  Dad has been going by Petsmart and Walmart checking out prices and features of the dog house every day at lunch, so I imagine he'll get one tomorrow or Thursday.  We are not bad owners and no one can accuse us of such.  We love this dog.  He does have a temporary shelter until we get the more permanant shelter, so he's not totally defenseless.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #661 on: June 18, 2013, 10:44:26 AM »

It's pretty disgusting to me to leave domesticated animals outside most of the time in this day and age. I'm not even like an animal freak either; it just seems wrong.

I agree. Most dogs who live the majority outside still come inside to sleep at night. I don't know of a person who's dog stays outside 100% of the time barring a major storm. It is disgusting to me. I wish someone would take this poor little puppy and give him a good home.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #662 on: June 18, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »

Quit your whining.  Dad has been going by Petsmart and Walmart checking out prices and features of the dog house every day at lunch, so I imagine he'll get one tomorrow or Thursday.  We are not bad owners and no one can accuse us of such.  We love this dog.  He does have a temporary shelter until we get the more permanant shelter, so he's not totally defenseless.

So Dad pulls double shifts and does the leg work while you do what, exactly? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #663 on: June 18, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »

I agree. Most dogs who live the majority outside still come inside to sleep at night. I don't know of a person who's dog stays outside 100% of the time barring a major storm. It is disgusting to me. I wish someone would take this poor little puppy and give him a good home.

Shut your mouth.  Do you not understand there is a cat in the house?  If we were to bring the dog inside, nobody would get any sleep and everything would be broken.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #664 on: June 18, 2013, 10:47:08 AM »

Like opebo said, that is common practice in the country. If he would just get the doghouse for shelter I dont see anything wrong with that.

(of course it depends what you mean by outside)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #665 on: June 18, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »

So Dad pulls double shifts and does the leg work while you do what, exactly? 

Seriously?  I don't have the money to get a dog house.  Dad does.  So, it makes sense to let Dad pick out the dog house that he will buy.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #666 on: June 18, 2013, 10:48:43 AM »

Like opebo said, that is common practice in the country. If he would just get the doghouse for shelter I dont see anything wrong with that.

Indeed.  The forum just likes to accuse me of everything under the sun, 99% of which is completely untrue.  That is their favorite thing.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #667 on: June 18, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »

Shut your mouth.  Do you not understand there is a cat in the house?  If we were to bring the dog inside, nobody would get any sleep and everything would be broken.

Then maybe you shouldn't have a dog?

I consider a doghouse to still be "outside" and just because something is "common practice" doesn't mean I think it's ok.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #668 on: June 18, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »

Do you realize that puppies shouldn't live outside AT ALL, right? They should be at least a year or two old before they live outside permanently.

So no, you aren't being good owners.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #669 on: June 18, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »

Indeed.  The forum just likes to accuse me of everything under the sun, 99% of which is completely untrue.  That is their favorite thing.

No, the problem is that you and your family have shown a history of chronic bad decision making and some don't want a puppy to suffer for your mistakes.

This is something that isn't about YOU for once.

I understand developing a bond with an animal you found and I appreciate that but sometimes you need to do what's in the best interests of the dog. You have already stated that your home is not suitable.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #670 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:14 AM »

Do you realize that puppies shouldn't live outside AT ALL, right? They should be at least a year or two old before they live outside permanently.

This conversation is pointless.  I win, you lose.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

Indeed.  The forum just likes to accuse me of everything under the sun, 99% of which is completely untrue.  That is their favorite thing.

No, the problem is that you and your family have shown a history of chronic bad decision making and some don't want a puppy to suffer for your mistakes.

I understand developing a bond with an animal you found and I appreciate that but sometimes you need to do what's in the best interests of the dog. You have already stated that your home is not suitable.

Bushie 1, Forum 0.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #672 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »

This conversation is pointless.  I win, you lose.

So your re-considering your puppy policy? Good to hear.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #673 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:47 AM »

Shut your mouth.  Do you not understand there is a cat in the house?  If we were to bring the dog inside, nobody would get any sleep and everything would be broken.

I'm sorry Bushie, but you don't seem to be grasping the situation here. This is a life you're caring for now. A little puppy. And you are keeping it outside in the heat all hours of the day and night. Yes, I care. Don't tell me to shut my mouth, how dare you, when all I am trying to do is help this poor animal.

And if the cat is such a problem, perhaps you don't need a dog. Little puppies don't need to live alone outside. They need as much care and interaction with humans as possible.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #674 on: June 18, 2013, 10:55:57 AM »

Indeed.  The forum just likes to accuse me of everything under the sun, 99% of which is completely untrue.  That is their favorite thing.

Bushie 1, Forum 0.

Stop being such a goddamn baby. Seriously, you are a child.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies