Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 163781 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1950 on: July 22, 2013, 02:52:49 PM »

1. I know the Baptists are officially pretty flexible about matters of doctrine, but I've never known one to espouse Calvinism. That's a hard gap to bridge. Most Baptists are pretty adamant about salvation being available to everyone.
2. Call JC Penney back. It's one phone call that will take five minutes. It could very well land you a job.
3. As Phil noted, the word (so long is she is a woman) is fiancée. The first e has the accent. The apostrophe after the second e is ridiculous.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1951 on: July 22, 2013, 03:13:30 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2013, 03:18:24 PM by Kenya 2015 »

3. As Phil noted, the word (so long is she is a woman) is fiancée. The first e has the accent. The apostrophe after the second e is ridiculous.

I'm still trying to figure out how to put the accents above the letter.

EDIT: I just figured it out.

fiancée

Is that better?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1952 on: July 22, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »

bushie how badly did your last day at the gas company go?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1953 on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »

Inks, God worked through the teachers or the powers that be to end the strike.  Everything good is credited ultimately to God.  As sinful humans, we cannot do anything good on our own, we must have the Holy Spirit working through us.  We may do good acts, but without the Holy Spirit, the heart behind the good acts is not God honoring.  Ultimately, that's what our life on earth is about - giving glory and honor and praise to Almighty God.  We were all made in the image of God, therefore we exist for His pleasure and to advance His kingdom.  Our purpose on earth is crystal clear - to know God and make Him known.  No if's, and's, or but's about it and no negotiation.  Our lives exist for that very reason.  We each has different ways that we are gifted to make Him known, but every single human that has ever walked the face of the earth has the exact same purpose.  God said it, that settles it.

But just because it's part of God's entire plan doesn't mean he specifically put his hand in this situation.  Humans can do good.  Humans can be "good people", but in the grand scheme of things, that does not matter.  Just because something is in God's "plan" doesn't mean he specifically set it in motion.  Sometimes he lets free will take its course.

I see what you're saying.  What I am saying is a bunch of us who were in Kenya have been praying for this strike to end and its definitely an answer to prayer, so God definitely had a hand in it.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1954 on: July 22, 2013, 05:09:54 PM »

Whoa, nelly!  Something in the employment field could, I repeat COULD, be brewing!  My first ex-fiancee' who is still a great friend, is trying to get me back on with ONG in a different capacity than I left.  She is trying to find me a full time, evening job that I can still go to school and work at the same time.  It would probably be in dispatch.  I don't know if it will work considering how I left them 3 years ago, but its worth a shot.

Wait a minute... you've been engaged more than once?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1955 on: July 22, 2013, 05:13:33 PM »

Whoa, nelly!  Something in the employment field could, I repeat COULD, be brewing!  My first ex-fiancee' who is still a great friend, is trying to get me back on with ONG in a different capacity than I left.  She is trying to find me a full time, evening job that I can still go to school and work at the same time.  It would probably be in dispatch.  I don't know if it will work considering how I left them 3 years ago, but its worth a shot.

Go back to season one Inks, there was Tiffanye followed by Susan.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1956 on: July 22, 2013, 05:14:30 PM »

Are you kidding me, Inks?  Everybody who's been following the Update since its conception should know by now.  Remember the Tiffanye saga in 2009 or the Susan saga in 2010?  They were fiancée #2 and #3, respectively.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1957 on: July 22, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »

Are you kidding me, Inks?  Everybody who's been following the Update since its conception should know by now.  Remember the Tiffanye saga in 2009 or the Susan saga in 2010?  They were fiancée #2 and #3, respectively.

I didn't pay attention early on.  Now address the logical fallacy I pointed out a few posts above that you conveniently skipped over.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1958 on: July 22, 2013, 05:42:36 PM »

I didn't pay attention early on.  Now address the logical fallacy I pointed out a few posts above that you conveniently skipped over.

Huh Repost it, please?  I thought I answered everything on the last two pages, at least...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1959 on: July 22, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »

bushie how badly did your last day at the gas company go?

It went great, actually.  My last day, I went to work, did about two or three hours of work, cleaned my desk, boxed up my personal belongings, and left about 1300.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1960 on: July 22, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »

Inks, God worked through the teachers or the powers that be to end the strike.  Everything good is credited ultimately to God.  As sinful humans, we cannot do anything good on our own, we must have the Holy Spirit working through us.  We may do good acts, but without the Holy Spirit, the heart behind the good acts is not God honoring.  Ultimately, that's what our life on earth is about - giving glory and honor and praise to Almighty God.  We were all made in the image of God, therefore we exist for His pleasure and to advance His kingdom.  Our purpose on earth is crystal clear - to know God and make Him known.  No if's, and's, or but's about it and no negotiation.  Our lives exist for that very reason.  We each has different ways that we are gifted to make Him known, but every single human that has ever walked the face of the earth has the exact same purpose.  God said it, that settles it.

But just because it's part of God's entire plan doesn't mean he specifically put his hand in this situation.  Humans can do good.  Humans can be "good people", but in the grand scheme of things, that does not matter.  Just because something is in God's "plan" doesn't mean he specifically set it in motion.  Sometimes he lets free will take its course.

I see what you're saying.  What I am saying is a bunch of us who were in Kenya have been praying for this strike to end and its definitely an answer to prayer, so God definitely had a hand in it.

Essentially, you're saying that because you prayed to God to intervene and end the strike, and the strike ended, then God must have intervened to end the strike.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1961 on: July 22, 2013, 06:09:20 PM »

Essentially, you're saying that because you prayed to God to intervene and end the strike, and the strike ended, then God must have intervened to end the strike.

There's no other explanation.  Nothing is too big or too small for God to handle.  No matter how you slice it, this is an answer to prayer, not just for me, but for many, many Kenyans, as well.  God had a hand in it, there's no doubt in my mind.  If you think God is disconnected from most of everyday life, that's your call, but its definitely not what I believe.  He is not a disconnected God.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1962 on: July 22, 2013, 06:11:26 PM »

But you're saying it like it's a fact.  How on earth could you possibly KNOW what God did?  You don't even KNOW if God exists.  That's the whole point of FAITH.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1963 on: July 22, 2013, 06:33:02 PM »

But you're saying it like it's a fact.  How on earth could you possibly KNOW what God did?  You don't even KNOW if God exists.  That's the whole point of FAITH.

No doubt in my mind means I have the utmost faith.  God proves His existence to me everyday in everyway, through nature, through the inner workings of the universe, how the earth is properly angled from the sun so as not to burn up or freeze.  Yes, its faith, but its an extremely strong and rooted faith.  "I walk by faith, not by sight", if you know what that phrase means.  God can do whatever He wants and since is omnipresent, He is everywhere at the same time.  He's not bound to one place at a time like humans are.  I have so much faith that in my mind, it is fact.

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1964 on: July 22, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »

Boring. Talk more about the ex.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1965 on: July 22, 2013, 06:57:47 PM »
« Edited: July 22, 2013, 07:01:46 PM by Fmr. President and Secretary Polnut »

But you're saying it like it's a fact.  How on earth could you possibly KNOW what God did?  You don't even KNOW if God exists.  That's the whole point of FAITH.

No doubt in my mind means I have the utmost faith.  God proves His existence to me everyday in everyway, through nature, through the inner workings of the universe, how the earth is properly angled from the sun so as not to burn up or freeze.  Yes, its faith, but its an extremely strong and rooted faith.  "I walk by faith, not by sight", if you know what that phrase means.  God can do whatever He wants and since is omnipresent, He is everywhere at the same time.  He's not bound to one place at a time like humans are.  I have so much faith that in my mind, it is fact.

Wow... that is so myopic is literally scary.

You see God's hand in everything, because you need to see it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1966 on: July 22, 2013, 07:48:25 PM »

Bushie cant you that relying on faith hasnt worked out well for you?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1967 on: July 22, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »

Bushie cant you that relying on faith hasnt worked out well for you?

Actually, it has worked out very well for me!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1968 on: July 22, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »

What if two people were praying to God for two mutually exclusive things? This is what you are describing:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_thinking
Get a grip.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1969 on: July 22, 2013, 08:13:07 PM »

As of midnight, I have exactly 800 days until my goal date of moving to Kenya - October 1, 2015!!  THAT is awesome. Smiley
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1970 on: July 22, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »

As of midnight, I have exactly 800 days until my goal date of moving to Kenya - October 1, 2015!!  THAT is awesome. Smiley

Until the date changes again. How are your kids, by the way? I'm sure you're checking on them as often as possible, right?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1971 on: July 22, 2013, 08:59:35 PM »

Until the date changes again. How are your kids, by the way? I'm sure you're checking on them as often as possible, right?

Absolutely.  The kids are doing well.  In fact, I am about to write them each a letter in the near future and email it to the Maisha director to get to them.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1972 on: July 22, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »

Absolutely.  The kids are doing well.  In fact, I am about to write them each a letter in the near future and email it to the Maisha director to get to them.

Will you sign it "Daddy"?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1973 on: July 22, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »

You know he will...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1974 on: July 22, 2013, 09:33:20 PM »

Most likely
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies