Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:13:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164294 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:33:21 AM »

Or anywhere in Africa (except zoos)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:57:11 PM »

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3urot3
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:10:50 PM »

No alcohol at a wedding.  Wow. That's Oklahoma I guess.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 01:54:32 AM »

You know what's hilarious is Inks gave me death points for saying Bushie was a false a preacher in a false non-Christian church of hatred. When I got in a PM argument over it, I backed it up by pointing out the exact same things he raves about now, and Inks defended the hell out of Bushie.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 11:42:26 AM »

That sounds like the lamest wedding ever.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 04:13:27 PM »

We need elaboration. Did memphis just happen to visit an atypical Turkish hotdog stand?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 04:39:12 PM »

my predictions:

1. bushie will never see the dietician again.
2. he will come back from kenya with the same...enthusiasm...he had last year.
3.  he will not attend cad, or drop out soon after beginning.  he keeps saying it is self paced.  he hasnt shown a great ability to be disciplined.

I will also predict that it'll be hot in Dallas tomorrow and cold in Minneapolis six months from now and that it won't snow in the Sahara.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 10:50:13 AM »

BushOklahoma: The Michael Vick of the Atlas Forum.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »

Actually as noted, Bushie is not their sponsor father, but sponsor nephew. I wonder if they know this?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 12:12:39 AM »

Aside from that where's Bushie going to get $15,000 from? The guy hasn't proven himself capable of saving $150, much less that, and isn't going to have much odds even if all his other expenses went away with his track record of holding down jobs. And even if Kenya allowed single males to adopt children I doubt they'd approve anyone with his qualifications, as he's close to the least qualified person imaginable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 12:17:53 AM »

Of all of Bushie's delusional fantasies, the African children thing really is the most outrageous. I can't even mentally process it. He has one upped Faulkner. Good show.

I have to agree. The best part is that he doesn't even meet the laughably low standard for fatherhood that he sets.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 12:26:34 AM »

Of all of Bushie's delusional fantasies, the African children thing really is the most outrageous. I can't even mentally process it. He has one upped Faulkner. Good show.

I have to agree. The best part is that he doesn't even meet the laughably low standard for fatherhood that he sets.

Meh, he's obviously profoundly lonely and for a number of reasons wants to have his own family. It's not completely incomprehensible. Plus, basically everyone in his life is enabling this fantasy (his grandmother, the people at church, obviously the people at the orphanage so they can squeeze him for more money).

That might be comprehensible, but to call yourself a father on the grounds that you give someone $35 a month is pretty laughable. It goes beyond absurd if it's not even you giving them the money.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 09:02:10 AM »

Worst of all, its not even him sending the money.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 12:49:19 PM »

In Oklahoma, do adults typically go to children's bday parties? It would be very odd here.

Well aside from the parents of course, but otherwise yeah, I've never even heard of that. WTF?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »

That's not the first time someone has made those points about Bushie, but perhaps the most eloquent.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »

Bushie your church should play some Christian emoviolence music in an effort to attract more people. Let the music director know about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yM5sCG7ZVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLqgHkYiBtI
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 02:30:49 AM »

Oddly under Bushie's theology (which I obviously don't adhere to) gay and lesbian Christians would be fine and saved even if homosexuality is a sin. But how many who adhere to that do accept LGBT Christians? Actually that puts gays as worse than murderers.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

Basically what this last page or two has taught me is that Catholicism is the only branch of Christianity that makes a lick of sense.
The one with the guy in the cape and big pointy hat?

So they have funny costumes? At least they believe in evolution and encourage their adherents to be good people.

Treating women as second class and how they feel about gays doesn't encourage to be good people. Yes Protestants like Bushie are the same but not all Protestants.

FYI I refuse to attend any church that doesn't let women be ordained or preach. Non-negotiable issue to me.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

It just seems kind of silly to reject what Bushie says (not that I disagree with that) but then say the only denomination that "makes a lick of sense" is the one that says your sins aren't forgiven through faith but confessing them to specific celibate men and it doesn't count otherwise, and that these men, and only these men have the power to turn wine and bread into someone's flesh and blood. Part of why I'm evangelical is because it rejects hierarchical structures like this and states every person has equal access to God. (Yes not always in practice, but at least in theory.) And of course I find complimentarianism so repulsive I can't support any denomination with the practice. Complete dealbreaker.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »

Actually I just think he should go to hardcore shows in general because they are a great method of weight loss. Better not try to crowdsurf though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 11:43:49 PM »

It just seems kind of silly to reject what Bushie says (not that I disagree with that) but then say the only denomination that "makes a lick of sense" is the one that says your sins aren't forgiven through faith but confessing them to specific celibate men and it doesn't count otherwise, and that these men, and only these men have the power to turn wine and bread into someone's flesh and blood. Part of why I'm evangelical is because it rejects hierarchical structures like this and states every person has equal access to God. (Yes not always in practice, but at least in theory.) And of course I find complimentarianism so repulsive I can't support any denomination with the practice. Complete dealbreaker.

How do you feel about sola fide salvation?

Kind of have the ELCA position on this still, which is that Jesus died for the whole world, and "faith" just means not turning toward evil. I kind of hold to all five solas in a way I guess, just not the way fundamentalists usually do.

And yeah I get people don't want theology in the Update, but of course it is Bushie that started it. Although it's more like Hypocritical Humor in the way he brought it up...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies