Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:09:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164231 times)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« on: July 10, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »

Duke, thank you for being honest and candid.  I know it does come across sometimes that I am proud and arrogant, and, yes, I do struggle with that, I've struggled with that for years long before I joined the forum.  I am getting better, or at least, I think I am.  What I do know is God is working on me with regards to my pride. 

Bushie. I think one thing that could help you a lot with your pride is to lock this thread and never open another update. Posting the mundane details of your life on the internet for others to read is a bit like high-fiving yourself in the mirror repeatedly. Such a practice will only lead you to a sense of self-importance and narcissism. It will only make you think about yourself, which can be a good thing if it's done in a sincere examination-of-conscience sort of way, but that's not what this thread is. Also, I'd suggest The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis (you can find it free on the internet) as a good book to read to direct one's actions away from self-gratification and toward gratification of God.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:02:07 PM »

A major prayer has been answered!! When we left Kenya earlier this month, there was a teacher's strike that prevented students from going to class right around exam prep time. After much prayer from God's people, the teacher's strike has been called off, so the teachers and the students can return to the classroom and prepare for and take the necessary exams later this summer! So proud of several young men and women in Kenya who, instead of partying while the teachers were on strike, organized study sessions with their peers to study on their own for the exams. They take their schooling seriously and with pride! That hit home to me when I heard that. Thank you, LORD!!

You really think God meddles in teacher's strikes?  Doesn't that kinda go against the principle of free will?  Or do you not believe in free will?

Bushy's theology has not been fully fleshed out. I propose we start a fund to put him through seminary. That would be worth a season or 3 of stuff.

Bushie's theology hasn't evolved beyond the middle-ages.

No, it hadn't started until after the Middle Ages were over.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies