Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:45:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164378 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: June 07, 2013, 09:09:32 AM »

What an appropriate day - National Doughtnut Day - to start a new Update! Don't worry, guys. Our Dear Friend will celebrate by eating only three doughnuts. Strict diet.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 07:31:39 AM »

Does anybody know why Bushie uses military time?

It's not that it's "military time;" he just recognizes that that's how they do it in most other countries. Oklahomans are cosmopolitan like that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »

". I still have work to do in Oklahoma for a little while longer, but the way I'm seeing it now, I could be an "American-African" within the next 15-24 months."

I'm cracking up on the train right now (as I sit next to someone I once thought was Flyers).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:14:59 AM »

God bless Our Dear Friend but he's almost certainly the type that puts ketchup on his spaghetti. Ketchup already disgusts me. If I was ever in the presence of someone putting ketchup on their pasta, I'd literally vomit.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »

God bless Our Dear Friend but he's almost certainly the type that puts ketchup on his spaghetti. Ketchup already disgusts me. If I was ever in the presence of someone putting ketchup on their pasta, I'd literally vomit.

Why do you find that so repulsive?

(putting it on pasta is the primary use of ketchup in my neck of the woods, so you better stay far away from Scandinavia)

The primary use? Wow. What a horrible part of the world.

People actually put ketchup on pasta?!

Yes, they're called "filth."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »

And, of course, the one time we actually need Inks to swiftly act against a disgusting post, he's no longer around.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »

I'll probably walk again, as soon as I can motivate myself.

Has to motivate himself to walk...yet has no issues going to Kenya and adopting kids.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 08:21:09 AM »

Wait, how did it fall off a building? Were you driving under it? Or did it just blow it off and the rock floated in mid air to your car? I'm liking the rock throwing theory. Maybe Bushie was playing at a playground with some kids and the teens started making fun of him and throwing rocks. Fearing for his life, Bushie ran to his car and got in but one of the punks threw a rock and hit his windshield.

Sounds plausible to me.

We're starting to hear rumors of a second rock thrower in a nearby grassy knoll.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 04:25:30 PM »

Keep up the comedy routine, folks!

I need to start a thread titled, "Funny Things Phil Reads Station" in honor of the hilarious posts I read while on the train. The above would be one of the greatest entries. People have to be wondering what I'm looking at that causes me to laugh so hard.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

I wonder if Our Dear Friend will come back a Muslim. Mohammad Kareem al-Bushie.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 12:40:12 PM »

I have yet to experience WiFi on a plane. It would make my eight hour flights to Europe a lot easier!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »

Only a few airlines offer WiFi on flights, and it's pretty much exclusively done on domestic flights.  Doing it on international flights, especially over the middle of the ocean, is a bigger technical challenge, and I think only one or two airlines has experimented with that, and it's even more expensive than WiFi on domestic flights.  I've never been on an international flight with WiFi.  Only seen it on domestic flights within the US.

Yeah, that's what I thought because I know I asked about it before. I was trying to ask an Alitalia customer service rep if they had online service (didn't think to call it WiFi) on flights a few years ago. She kept saying, "Yes, we have a website you can go to online."
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 08:07:35 AM »

Our Dear Friend is sporting a blue avatar. Is he a Republican again or does he just identify with a Kenyan right wing party during his trip?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »

Breaking per Facebook: Our Dear Friend may cancel his return flight from Kenya.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »

At what point do we discover that he's posting all of this from a McDonald's in Oklahoma City?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 02:28:22 PM »

Did Our Dear Friend watch the Italy-Uruguay penalty shoot out with his Kenyan clan? Will they be watching Brazil vs. Spain later? The people want to know!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 02:40:05 PM »

Did Our Dear Friend watch the Italy-Uruguay penalty shoot out with his Kenyan clan? Will they be watching Brazil vs. Spain later? The people want to know!

No, sadly, we weren't able to watch any football on this trip. Sad

Is that a sad face I see and calling it Football? Wow! He's a (real) Football fan now, too! Cheesy
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 11:58:36 AM »

Who's your favorite this season? I like Elyssa.

You would.

I like the annoying, super-clingy unemployed brunette and the funny brunette.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »

The more the dog stays indoors, the less exercise she gets by being able to run around outside.

The irony mine just collapsed. RIP to all those lost in the rubble.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »

Our Dear Friend working at Walmart. Never saw that one coming.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »

His first ex-fiancée. Classic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies