Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:36:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 164397 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: June 18, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »

Japanese 18th Century literature might be better, that way at least Nathan will post in it.

More like tenth through fifteenth and late nineteenth through early twentieth, unless we're talking poetry or kaidan.

Does this include that I am a Cat book?

(Sorry, ignorant of Japanese literature to an extremely high extent. Really the only names I know are Kwabata, Oe, Mishima, and Basho. Oh, and Murakami.)

Sōseki's writing period is 1903 through 1916 and 吾輩は猫である is towards the beginning of that, so yes.

Two questions: First, which Murakami? Haruki is the more famous in the West, but I maintain that Ryū is the better writer. Second, do you like psychological tragedies, philosophical war stories, or family melodramas? If so, then we have much to discuss.

I Am A Cat is an awesome book!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »

If you fly Norwegian Air, which is a low-cost airline, you get free WiFi on board. I've used it on plenty of flights across Europe.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:21:18 PM »

Does anyone understand why he even wants a dog when he's supposedly going to be moving to Kenya in a couple of years? Does he not understand that owning a dog is like a 13 year commitment (give or take a few years)?

Does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that the Bushie clan now has female dog that they've named Jeff Junior? Do Bushie's parents see him as a pet or something? Freud would have had a field day with this family.
Freud was a crackpot.

I was using that more as a figure of speech, not really looking to get in a debate about Freud's merits or lack thereof. Tongue

Freud? More like Fraud, amirite.

Seriously, Freud is pretty discredited. But I think it's still fair to throw around the term in a layman context.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies