are you comfortable using a fast food drive thru.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:39:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  are you comfortable using a fast food drive thru.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: are you comfortable using a fast food drive thru.  (Read 1108 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 10, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »

no.  never have been.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 05:25:05 PM »

Yes, of course. I don't understand the problem with it.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 05:28:04 PM »

it's impersonal and the quality is bad.

and it is the epitome of laziness.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 06:51:55 PM »

Not if I only have a card. They could steal my info.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 07:00:46 PM »

Yes, but if there is any sort of line, I go inside rather than waste gas.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »

I do better on the outside than on the inside of a drive-thru.

Not if I only have a card. They could steal my info.
I don't see how, actually. I get plenty of credit cards a day and it would be impossible to try to copy info in the time given without being caught. That, and the fact that the register is right next to the window so the owner would have a clear view of what I would be doing.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 07:17:40 PM »

I have no problem using a drive through unless the speaker system and headsets were a joke. I worked at Wendys and the headsets were awful sometimes people would get mad but there was nothing I could do really and it was just as frustrating for us trust me. Also people who can't speak English or have thick accents, please come inside. Also there would not be enough time to steal a number, heck most of the time I just would slide the card through and when it is approved just hand it back I didn't even look at the number.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »

I am very comfortable with using a drive through.  My belly confirms that. Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »

I read this as 'I've never been to a fast food drive though'.  I was going to say - then you are not an American.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »

Never have had to.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »

Sure - if it's Boston Market. Other than that, I have come to loathe fast food. I just won't eat it. 
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2013, 08:36:28 PM »

Sure, why not?  It's not like using a telephone or something.  Well, there is that "sqrrk, mrrh, mu m baw maw ff?" moment at the speaker thing, but you just assume that they're asking you what you want and you tell them.

Jeez, I haven't done that in years.  I think the last time was when we were moving from Columbus to Cedar Falls and I stopped at a Sonic in Cape Girardot, MO.  Sonic has awesome jalapeņo burgers--double meat, double cheese (well, double squares of partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil colored yellow), lots of lettuce and tomato, mayonnaise on both sides--and excellent onion rings.  We didn't eat in the car, though.  Ordering at a window is okay, but I'm not a big fan of eating in the car.  After we got our stuff, we went to one of those little red plastic tables under a parasol.  We were the only family doing that, though.  All the other folks ate theirs in the car, or drove off to eat it somewhere else, the way a cat will drag a bird off to eat it somewhere else so that the other cats don't see it.  That was at least 8 years ago, and it was the last time I can remember ordering from a little speaker box.

I don't ever do the drive through at places like Burger King.  Not that we go to places like Burger King often, but when we do, I order it inside and eat it inside.  Mostly, if I have fast food, it's at a Subway, and mostly it's a tuna on whole wheat, and it's never in drive-through situation, but if I pass a Sonic, I always try to talk my clan into stopping there to sample their double/double with mayonnaise and jalapeņos.  With onion rings!

Well, technically, they call Sonic a "Drive In" and not a "Drive through."  I'm sure you can see why.  Still, I can't see the words "drive" and "food" in the same sentence without thinking about the excellent jalapeņo burgers at sonic, (and onion rings!), so I'm voting yes, but probably for the wrong reasons. 
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2013, 08:52:46 PM »

It's almost always faster to go inside.

I gawk every day when I drive by Chick-fil-A and there's a double drive-thru line wrapped completely around the restaurant, sometimes backing up onto the main road and screwing up the traffic patterns.

All those lazy fatasses can't even walk inside to get their unhealthy meal.  Like I've said, that gay marriage debacle was clearly just a marketing ploy because so many people bought it hook, line, and sinker.  It's been a year and people still think they're really sticking it to Obama by sitting in their car and waiting 20 minutes to get fast food.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2013, 10:07:48 PM »

I gawk every day when I drive by Chick-fil-A and there's a double drive-thru line wrapped completely around the restaurant, sometimes backing up onto the main road and screwing up the traffic patterns.

All those lazy fatasses can't even walk inside to get their unhealthy meal.  Like I've said, that gay marriage debacle was clearly just a marketing ploy because so many people bought it hook, line, and sinker.  It's been a year and people still think they're really sticking it to Obama by sitting in their car and waiting 20 minutes to get fast food.

You must not have been paying attention if you think Chick-fil-A's business has increased because of that one incident.  They've always been an attraction for the socon crowd because of their closed on Sunday policy and also they have good food.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »

No, because it would be awkward on a bicycle.

Back when I drove my parents' car, I stopped at the local Tim Hortons drive thru at least on one occasion with my curling team. Can't think of any other time. Every morning though, there is a lineup of cars around the block to get their Timmies coffee before work.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 11:28:53 PM »

I once went to a drive-thru at foot, so, not so awkward.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »

Ugh, no.

*ccckkk* "Gdffnn wlcccm Mcbrg cnatky ord"
"Uh, I literally just pulled up, can I get a minute"
"M srry?"
"I said can I get a minute to look at the menu?"
"Yssr"

"Ok, can I please have a #12 combo, no onions.  Dr. Pepper with no ice please."
"Mdm or lrge"
"Uh, medium is fine."
"Fryr drink?"
"I said Dr. Pepper with no ice please."
"Anthg else?"
"No that'll do it thanks."
"7.43.  Sever yr leg please.  It's the greatest day."

Later, after maneuvering my wallet from underneath my butt cheek:  "God damn it, I said no onions and no ice."
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 12:05:22 AM »

I'm not comfortable after I eat fast food. I can feel the greasy "food" sliding down my digestive tract. And that's why I don't eat fast food.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 12:38:37 AM »

I don't drive, so no.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 03:46:29 AM »

I don't ever do the drive through at places like Burger King.  Not that we go to places like Burger King often, but when we do, I order it inside and eat it inside.

I think they prefer not to go inside because of the risk of a maniac coming and shooting everyone in there, angus.  After all it is America.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 04:36:20 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2013, 04:38:02 AM by ModerateCoward »

All those lazy fatasses can't even walk inside to get their unhealthy meal.  Like I've said, that gay marriage debacle was clearly just a marketing ploy because so many people bought it hook, line, and sinker.  It's been a year and people still think they're really sticking it to Obama by sitting in their car and waiting 20 minutes to get fast food.

You must not have been paying attention if you think Chick-fil-A's business has increased because of that one incident.  They've always been an attraction for the socon crowd because of their closed on Sunday policy and also they have good food.
Inferior quality meat is not good food.
On-topic: I am "comfortable" but I prefer to go inside.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 06:35:54 AM »

All those lazy fatasses can't even walk inside to get their unhealthy meal.  Like I've said, that gay marriage debacle was clearly just a marketing ploy because so many people bought it hook, line, and sinker.  It's been a year and people still think they're really sticking it to Obama by sitting in their car and waiting 20 minutes to get fast food.

You must not have been paying attention if you think Chick-fil-A's business has increased because of that one incident.  They've always been an attraction for the socon crowd because of their closed on Sunday policy and also they have good food.
Inferior quality meat is not good food.
On-topic: I am "comfortable" but I prefer to go inside.
Inferior quality?  I can see where some people might not enjoy their choice of how to season or cook their chicken, but that doesn't mean that started off with bad ingredients.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 06:58:02 AM »

Why not just go inside Huh
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 07:53:31 AM »

Why not just go inside Huh

If it's late, the inside might be closed.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies