SENATE BILL: High Speed Rail Expansion Act (FAILED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:58:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: High Speed Rail Expansion Act (FAILED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: High Speed Rail Expansion Act (FAILED)  (Read 5896 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: June 17, 2013, 03:07:07 PM »

So, 85 billions for Mideast and 0 for other regions?

That's an issue.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »

I obviously support this, but I'd be cool with adding in some lines for other regions.

The problem of adding other lines for other regions is than we would get around 300 or 400 billions. We don't have that money, I think.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 11:26:20 PM »

I concur with Nix and Napoleon. Intraurban and commuter rail is more crucial than interurban rail.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 03:24:54 PM »

Aye
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:03:04 PM »

Nay

I'm not putting more money into the bottomless pit that is the DoIA. If we're putting federal dollars into the regions and trusting them to deal with a task that really is national in scope, we need to have a say in the plan. Like Nix, I know a little bit about high-speed rail, and the Midwest's plan just doesn't seem like a good use of money. Let's work together to connect our regions' most populous cities along a route that works. We want this system to have high ridership, and meandering through Appalaicha and the Rust Belt is a bit questionable.

That's an amendment to transfert it from high-speed rail to public transportation in cities.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »

The problem with regionalising totally the high speed funding if than you will either:

1. Have only intra-regional links, not inter-regional ones.
2. Have links to other regions which stop at the border or than get completed at different points.

And still, I think than urban transportation is more important than high speed rail.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 09:40:58 PM »

Aye. There is no indication than someone will come with an idea in the coming days. If someone has an idea, please introduce a new bill at this point.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »

Nay ftr. Was sure I had voted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies