SENATE BILL: High Speed Rail Expansion Act (FAILED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:47:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: High Speed Rail Expansion Act (FAILED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: High Speed Rail Expansion Act (FAILED)  (Read 5909 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 18, 2013, 10:16:30 AM »

I never tried to leverage my senority that much Ben, and I have three times as much as you do. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor Feedback: None so far
Status: A vote can be started as early as this afternoon (24 hours after introduction) if none is forthcomming.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:27:20 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor Feedback: Hostile
Status: A vote can be opened on this by the Vice President at any time. If he doesn't soon, I will.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »

AYE
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 06:17:24 PM »

As much as I would like to post my present thoughts on the matter, I am going to have to wait until tomorrow. I think I have pushed myself, the computer and the connection to its limit today. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 05:00:43 PM »

As much as I would like to post my present thoughts on the matter, I am going to have to wait until tomorrow. I think I have pushed myself, the computer and the connection to its limit today. Tongue

I really have to stop foreshadowing disaster and my own subsequent misery.

Hagrid you talk about a new process, basically an earmarking process (not a dirty word here), no? If that is the case we have done that once before using the Regional Senators as go betweens with the Regional Executives. We used that back in 2010 on infrastructure spending and could use it again, this time bringing in the Game Moderator and yes, the SoIA to facilitate that interaction.

We should also go back and find a way to ensure that all those money's undistributed are distrbuted and I think the best way to do that involves the Executives since their regions' are getting screweed and they are in the best place to identify and demand those funds.

That is the abridged version of what I had to say on the matter. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »

I am having a hard time visualizing the proposal for some reason, Hagrid. Could you war game some kind of example so I can picture it?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 06:40:35 PM »

In light of that my opinion is tha we should use this potentially as a way to bring interconnectedness where necessary with regards to the previous probjects and focus mostly on potentially other aspects of infrastructure primarily in this bill. We could also look at amending the method for apportioning the money and resources established in those previous acts. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »

Ask you prematurely retired Vice President since this is one of his slots, Mr. President.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »

This whole PPT/VP split doesn't work. It was worth trying but I don't think we should continue, the Senate can run itself.

I disagree, but regardless, the PPT is not the one who gets to decide that. The PPT has nothing and can do nothing without the VP's agreement. That is the way it has been since Fritz amended the OSPR to be in line with the Constitution on this matter back in 2010. The Vice President is the President of the Senate and he runs the place thus, it is only through neglect or choice that they have not up until this point.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »

This whole PPT/VP split doesn't work. It was worth trying but I don't think we should continue, the Senate can run itself.

I disagree, but regardless, the PPT is not the one who gets to decide that. The PPT has nothing and can do nothing without the VP's agreement. That is the way it has been since Fritz amended the OSPR to be in line with the Constitution on this matter back in 2010. The Vice President is the President of the Senate and he runs the place thus, it is only through neglect or choice that they have not up until this point.

Guess who has a say in changing that and guess who doesn't. Wink

Guess how many votes you would need to change that? Wink

How can you label it a failure when its utilization in an innefficient manner has ran this SEnate right up against the record setting 32nd (or maybe it was the 33rd) in the number of bills passed and I think we have failed more then that Senate as well? Plus I would much rather continue that then give the President a direct pipeline which we just voted down just a short time ago or make the VP a  Senator, which was voted down in March (or was that February?).

It has been choppy because it is new, but I don't see where we have had problems, SAVE FOR MARODUKE LEAVING THE DAMN SLOTS EMPTY HALF THE TIME!!!! (HEAR ME YOU TWO?!!!).

I also kind of suprised this present ticket with it and they probably hadn't planned on it in advance, whereas Nix has been a Senator with it for four months now and will thus be much more aggressive in ensuring it's utilization for his legislative agenda items.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 08:23:09 PM »

AYE
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 03:00:20 AM »

NAy

Ah Duke, you can't declare a bill failed.

I appreciate you updatign the thread topic lines but don't jump the VP here. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »

Damn it, we need this slot for the Education Bill

Aye (0):
Nay (9): Gass3268, HagridoftheDeep, Kalwejt, Napoleon, NC Yankee, scott, sbane, TJ and TNF
Abstain

Didn't Vote (1): MaxQue

The bill has failed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies