Exodus International apologises and shuts down.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:29:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Exodus International apologises and shuts down.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Exodus International apologises and shuts down.  (Read 2214 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 03:34:47 AM »

Good riddance. Groups like these have been giving conservative Christians a bad name and misleading homosexuals and their families. Telling someone to maintain a life of celibacy is far easier than what they are trying to do.

No. That's both harmful and unkind. The Christian and conservative thing to do is to encourage people to settle down and marry their same sex partner.

No The Christian and conservative thing to do is to encourage people to pursue and marry an opposite sex partner. How is it conservative and Christian to allow folks to choose a lifestyle which if not repented of will lead to a very bad scenario in eternity. Everybody here knows my opposition to the gay lifestyle and gay marriage is rooted in scripture andIn natural law. It is not a motive of hate that leads me. It is a motive of love for my fellow man that I express my opinion on this issue and its dissapointing that many see my view and motive as hateful. I happen to agree with your assessment Matt in VT.

Well in the case of homosexuals, I think celibacy is probably a better option than heterosexual marriage. Otherwise I'm with you JCL.

Why don't you just ignore the parts of the Bible that say gay sex is wrong or find a new way to interpret those parts? 

Aside from religion, there's no way to say that homosexuality is wrong.  None.  And your primitive ideas do have real consequences in people's lives.  You are actually hurting people by spreading these dumb beliefs about gay people.  It's not some abstract theological idea.  What's so hard about accepting gay people?

What does red fish have to do with accepting gays?

It's not any random fish, it's an herring. A red herring.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »

Good riddance. Groups like these have been giving conservative Christians a bad name and misleading homosexuals and their families. Telling someone to maintain a life of celibacy is far easier than what they are trying to do.

No. That's both harmful and unkind. The Christian and conservative thing to do is to encourage people to settle down and marry their same sex partner.

No The Christian and conservative thing to do is to encourage people to pursue and marry an opposite sex partner. How is it conservative and Christian to allow folks to choose a lifestyle which if not repented of will lead to a very bad scenario in eternity. Everybody here knows my opposition to the gay lifestyle and gay marriage is rooted in scripture andIn natural law. It is not a motive of hate that leads me. It is a motive of love for my fellow man that I express my opinion on this issue and its dissapointing that many see my view and motive as hateful. I happen to agree with your assessment Matt in VT.

Well in the case of homosexuals, I think celibacy is probably a better option than heterosexual marriage. Otherwise I'm with you JCL.

I do like how some Christians talk about us and our needs as if we aren't in the room. Because they know what's 'best' for gays rather than gays themselves. At first they burned us, then they imprisoned us, then they hooked us up to electro-shock treatments and hormonal replacement therapy. Then they told us they could cure it, then said 'just don't have sex'. A constant retreat as it becomes so blindingly obvious you can't do anything about it but still leave countless ruined lives. Well I'll stay with my husband and build a life with him thank you. He'll be part of my family and yes I'll have sex with him; meaningful bonded sex grounded in physical and emotional love. You don't get to be the arbiters of what that means.
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 05:35:31 AM »

This thread might have been entitled: "Exodus sees the Light". In California the 'conversion therapies' have been banned.

Down below, in Ecuador, a girl managed to escape from a therapy center where some bad people (Christians?) were trying to treat her "perversion" (or "wrong lifestyle", you choose) by tortuous means, including different forms of psychological torture and humiliation. The girl is lesbian. I believe in that country conversion therapy centers have no future.

Of course you can offer celibacy and little red fishes, but I don't see the advantages for gay and lesbian people, so it's possible that they won't pay attention. You, unredeemed Christians, should have known better. Wake up and see the light too. Redemption is a great thing.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies