NEW PACIFIC REGION · DISCUSSION
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:39:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NEW PACIFIC REGION · DISCUSSION
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: NEW PACIFIC REGION · DISCUSSION  (Read 4436 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

"Voting booth for the vacated offices"

Seems pretty clear to those with a brain or half.

Yep, offices. Plural. You must be forgetting about those three vacated Pacific Council seats.

Was regarding a state of anarchy. Unless you thjnk Spamage was so awful that his tenure was indeed a state of anarchy, Xahar had no authority to open a voting booth. As you can see, the Governor never authorized that votjng booth.

Which is it?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2013, 04:41:53 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2013, 04:43:25 PM by Senator Napoleon »

The Fourth Constitution is an office? What?

Thankfully, our Court is filled with Atlasia's great legal minds and I am confident that your cronies failure will be noted.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »

spamage had taken a leave of absence at the time.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »

spamage had taken a leave of absence at the time.

We know
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »

The Fourth Constitution is an office? What?

Roll Eyes

Was regarding a state of anarchy. Unless you thjnk Spamage was so awful that his tenure was indeed a state of anarchy, Xahar had no authority to open a voting booth. As you can see, the Governor never authorized that votjng booth.

Which is it?

Certainly someone who sat upon insider knowledge of a supposedly-invalid Constitution for months and who has taken the time to file a case should be able to answer the question.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2013, 05:06:28 PM »

Thankfully, our Court is filled with Atlasia's great legal minds and I am confident that your cronies failure will be noted.

"My cronies"? Roll Eyes I suppose we agree on the broader premise, though - fortunately, that's not to what this current discussion pertains. It pertains to how full of it you truly are.

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2013, 08:31:05 PM »

Griffin knows more than anyone at the moment how unhappy I am about all of this region-abolishing stuff, but this is seriously the dumbest thing about this controversy to be arguing about.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »

You're administering a voting booth on solely your own authority.  That's similar to being an elected official, as you're acting as an administrator solely by your own authority.
"Similar" isn't good enough. I am acting entirely as a sort of placeholder here.

You have no authority other than that which you gave yourself.  How can someone who is not domiciled in the region give himself authority to hold an election?

Xahar did it.

Xahar is domiciled in the Pacific.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »

You're administering a voting booth on solely your own authority.  That's similar to being an elected official, as you're acting as an administrator solely by your own authority.
"Similar" isn't good enough. I am acting entirely as a sort of placeholder here.

You have no authority other than that which you gave yourself.  How can someone who is not domiciled in the region give himself authority to hold an election?

Xahar did it.

He had no authority other than that which he gave himself.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »

Xahar did it.

And that which Marokai gave him, but I guess he's not important.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »

Xahar did it.

And that which Marokai gave him, but I guess he's not important.

Right, which is why the rightful Governor, NVGonzalez, will be reinstated.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »

Xahar did it.

OK, but not having authority is not a common law principle.  Being domiciled in order to have any type of authority is.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2013, 10:48:20 PM »

I would say the so-called "Final Constitution" is in conflict with the Federal Constitution.  To wit: Article VI Clause 1:

All Atlasian citizens are guaranteed the rights to free exercise of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom to petition the government to address problems.

By disestablishing the government and preventing the establishing of another, the Fifth Pacific Constitution interferes with this fundamental right enshrined in our Federal Constitution.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »

Also, I'm pretty sure an act cannot repeal itself, and must be repealed by a different, separate act. So the Final Constitution repealed everything before itself, and not itself. So the Final Constitution is still the Constitution valid for the states that formed the Pacific Region, there just isn't any regional government or authority anymore.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »

I would say the so-called "Final Constitution" is in conflict with the Federal Constitution.  To wit: Article VI Clause 1:

All Atlasian citizens are guaranteed the rights to free exercise of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom to petition the government to address problems.

By disestablishing the government and preventing the establishing of another, the Fifth Pacific Constitution interferes with this fundamental right enshrined in our Federal Constitution.

They can petition the IDS government, which is administering the territory.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies