President Forever 1992 strategy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:09:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever 1992 strategy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever 1992 strategy?  (Read 1049 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »

Does anyone with President Forever know how to beat George Bush in the 1992 scenario?  I got the game a couple days ago, and so far I've played as Clinton three or four times in that scenario.  Each time I cruise through the primarily pretty easily, and lead Bush in the polls during the days leading to the convention, but then I collapse come the general, no matter how many different ads I release or debate practices I schedule.  Last time I was able to get within three points or so, but still lost in a landslide.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »

So I've played every game at least three times with the exception of 2004, and lost each time.  So clearly it isn't the scenario, it's just that I suck, even on easy mode. Tongue  Do any experienced players have any tips they could share?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »

Footsoldiers, fundraising and nationwide ads. Always try and keep your momentum up.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 08:11:41 PM »

Footsoldiers, fundraising and nationwide ads. Always try and keep your momentum up.

I've been doing that each time.  Usually, I'm able to stay tied or slightly ahead in the beginning, then progressively sink in the polls.  I can't even get Gore to beat Bradley, even though I pretty much control the entire board at the start of the game.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »

I've been doing that each time.  Usually, I'm able to stay tied or slightly ahead in the beginning, then progressively sink in the polls.  I can't even get Gore to beat Bradley, even though I pretty much control the entire board at the start of the game.

I always create as much crusaders as I can and set certain states as my strategy (generally the early ones). That way my candidate (who at the moment is John Edwards) can both campaign in early and late states.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »

Also, change your campaign theme. Often times putting of the 3 as attacking the other candidate slows them down, while you continue to be positive on the other 2 issues.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 11:57:45 PM »

Footsoldiers, and keeping the momentum up. Don't necessarily worry about national momentum - focus more on the momentum in key states. Spin like crazy!

(I just won on Hard as Romney in 2008 on Wonk Edition. Trailed heading into the General Election by 6 points, and despite the economic collapse, managed to beat Obama. Smiley)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies