There are now four regions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:07:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  There are now four regions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: There are now four regions  (Read 4994 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 23, 2013, 11:35:32 PM »

Hi, sorry to interrupt this exciting election night but I'd just like to inform everyone that there are now only four de facto regions as we in the IDS now have enough votes to override the Emperor's veto on this bill to temporarily take control of the Pacific! We would greatly appreciate it if you'd update Atlasia maps to something like this  This thread will be open to address the needs and concerns of our new Pacific subjects. Remember we're here to help! Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »

No.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »

The rest of Atlasia does not recgonize the IDS's unlawful attempt to annex another region.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 11:43:48 PM »

The rest of Atlasia does not recgonize the IDS's unlawful attempt to annex another region.

The South has always fought against the countless injustices imposed on it by the rest of the regions. We only have the Pacific's best interest at heart, unlike the vultures in the Midwest and the listless copycats in the North East.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 11:48:25 PM »

My view on this speaker is that its the senate's job until the Pacific's rightful leadership (Spamage) chooses to do something about it like stand up to the perps of Pacific Rimjob. We should work together rather than one region going at it alone.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 11:49:57 PM »

No.  There are not 4 regions.  Any changes to the Wiki should be treated as vandalism of the Wiki and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 11:51:09 PM »

Don't make me use a rape analogy...!

Roll Eyes

Tongue
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 11:55:02 PM »

My view on this speaker is that its the senate's job until the Pacific's rightful leadership (Spamage) chooses to do something about it like stand up to the perps of Pacific Rimjob. We should work together rather than one region going at it alone.

Has the senate actually assumed responsibility for the Pacific's future? The new constitution did say that the senate do that, but it doesn't seem very constitutional for regions to force something on the Federal government. When the Federal government does act of course we'll give way, but until then someone needs to fill the lawless power vacuum and we'll work with the government to do so.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:24 AM »

Excellent! Greater Texas!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »

Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 12:11:01 AM »

To answer President Marokai's order: we are fully willing to allow the Federal government to act as our partner in taming and controlling the lawless Pacific and we will do our best to work with them. The President's assistance in this is greatly appreciated and I hope he will fully work with us to keep other regions from acting against the Pacific's integrity in its time of weakness. And to Pacific residents, remember that we're here to help Smiley
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 12:33:23 AM »

I'd like you were paying more attention to this sentence:

Executive Order #29-005

I kindly ask the Imperial Dominion of the South to, at the very least, only act in support of federal direction in this situation, if not step down entirely.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 12:51:52 AM »

I certainly oppose any military measures as described in this legislation, but I see nothing illegal, unconstitutional or otherwise fraudulent about allowing Pacific citizens to be registered voters in the South.

Welcome, y'all!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 01:06:50 AM »

This is completely unconstitutional, and could lead to an all out civil war, we must prevent that from happening. If we must reorganize and take a census to reorganize the regions, but this  current course of action is only going to lead to fighting.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 01:08:54 AM »

We Midwesterners strongly disapprove of Operation Cockblock.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 01:11:55 AM »

I certainly oppose any military measures as described in this legislation, but I see nothing illegal, unconstitutional or otherwise fraudulent about allowing Pacific citizens to be registered voters in the South.

Welcome, y'all!
Thank you, i'm happy to return to the region.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 04:17:17 AM »

I believe we're not going far enough here-- why has the Glorious Empire not also annexed the Midwest as well?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 06:26:51 AM »

We Midwesterners strongly disapprove of Operation Cockblock.

It's not the case for all Midwesterners Snow!
I support this Operation Cockblock and hope that Spamage will retake control of the Pacific quickly!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 07:46:47 AM »

New Mexico is and always will be part of the Midwest, though currently under Pacific military occupation. Please update your map accordingly.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »

For the record, I will continue to recognize anyone who registers in California, Nevada, Oregon, New Mexico, Utah, Washington, Idaho, Arizona, Oceania, Hawaii or Alaska as having registered in the Pacific region until I am directed to do otherwise by the President.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »

New Mexico is and always will be part of the Midwest, though currently under Pacific military occupation. Please update your map accordingly.

Yes, if the IDS would refrain from invading Midwestern land that would be much appreciated.  *hughughug* Grin
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 10:04:15 AM »

As Lt. Governor of the Mideast and a member of the IDS Militia, I welcome the Pacific to become part of the South. You'll be much happier there than you ever were running yourselves.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 11:35:57 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2013, 11:44:43 AM by opebo »

No.  There are not 4 regions.  Any changes to the Wiki should be treated as vandalism of the Wiki and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

It is quite correct that pending our decision about the constitutionality of the original 'act' - which is claimed to have decommissioned the Pacific), there is no reason to assume that there are in any legal sense four regions.

However, in 'fact' given the 'actions on the ground' (the aforementioned 'final constitution' and the vote for intervention by the IDS legislature) is that the South is occupying what was, and may still be the Pacific.

So, there may be 4 or 5 regions - that depends on us.  But the fact of the occupation is undeniable, at least by my understanding of how Atlasian reality works.  
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 11:40:15 AM »

I welcome our Pacific brothers into the Imperial Dominion.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »

I was under the impression that the "Final Constitution" had only dissolved the Pacific's government, and that the Court is now faced with settling whether that action was legal. As the regions themselves are enshrined in the Third Constitution of Atlasia, it seems evident that it is not within the power of any individual region to dissolve the region itself. I hadn't thought that was even the intent behind the Final Constitution of the Pacific.

Well done.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies