There are now four regions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:39:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  There are now four regions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: There are now four regions  (Read 5051 times)
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 24, 2013, 12:01:24 AM »

Excellent! Greater Texas!
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »

Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No one forced the Pacific to shut down their legislature. The Pacific has spoken. They do not want to govern themselves. So, they shall become an integral part of our glorious IDS.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 10:50:19 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2013, 10:52:21 PM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

What governing body exists to provide their consent? They voluntarily shut down their own legislature.

In terms of providing stable and effective governance to the region, I think we can provide that to the Pacific. The South has been doing an excellent job. So why not have the South run the Pacific?  I believe, quite strongly, that the pacific will have better governance, stronger representation and more effective leadership as a part of the IDS then they have at present.

Why don't we do a plebescite among former regional members of the Pacific?

If they do not want to join the IDS then the people would have spoken. If they do, then we can proceed and integrate the Pacific into the IDS.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »

But if A doesn't exist, then the region doesn't exist at all. That's the problem. Can a region exist without a legislature per the constitution? I think the people of the Pacific have a right and an obligation to have representation of some sort. Depriving the people of the Pacific of their rightful representation is wrong. This needs to be corrected.

There are multiple options to fix this. One - is to re-establish the legislature. Another is for the region to join the IDS whereupon the people of the Pacific would join with the IDS and regain their rightful representation through the IDS legislature.

As for who would administer it, not my call. I'm just a plain ol' prole, NCYankee. That's your job to hash out, not mine. I am sure that the IDS would be more than willing to administer such a plebescite in a free and fair manner. 

Anyways, I've said my piece. I support annexation because the Pacific needs to have some representation, and I believe the South as an active region can provide said representation.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
« Edited: June 24, 2013, 11:44:33 PM by IDS Ex-Speaker Ben Kenobi »

Perhaps the Senate should consult the people they represent. Public opinion seems firmly against any attempt to re-establish the legislature of the Pacific.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 01:57:07 PM »

Then it will be up to the people of the pacific to decide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies