in your opinion, what is the most reactionary congressional district in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:33:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  in your opinion, what is the most reactionary congressional district in
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: in your opinion, what is the most reactionary congressional district in  (Read 2984 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

the U.S.? In my opinion, MO-7.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:47:42 PM »

There's a lot of ways to define reactionary. What would you use for a CD? Presumably it's not PVI since by that measure there a lot more conservative CDs. For example by PVI TX 13 is the most conservative PVI district.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »

NY-15 of course, given how it votes like North Korea. Not too many thinking folk there.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 08:27:52 PM »

In South Carolina, SC-3 with SC-4 close behind, but there are easily more reactionary districts in other States.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:14:47 PM »

MS-01 is the most reactionary in Mississippi, but I can't comment on other states.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »

I don't think this is a helpful question to ask.

I'm going to guess krazen either used an odd, possibly offensive definition of 'reactionary', tried to start sh**t with freepcrusher or muon, or both.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:02 PM »

For my home state, UT-3. The district contains most of Utah County's population (which also makes up a majority of the district's population, I believe), and Utah county is arguably the most socially conservative county in Utah, and one of the most SoCon counties in the country.

In the country, it's probably one of the rural Great Plains districts. The ones that particularly stand out (at least to me) are TX-13, TX-19, OK-3, and KS-1.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »

In Minnesota...I don't think I even have to say.

Nationally...this is kind of a silly and rather pointless question.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 11:27:55 PM »

In NC, I'll actually go with CD8 because it was the most pro-Amendment 1 district, voting 77% For.

NY-15 of course, given how it votes like North Korea. Not too many thinking folk there.

If you bothered look in the dictionary, of course, you'll see that the term"reactionary" is more aligned with conservative thought.

Perhaps you were confusing 'reactionary' with 'extreme'?

'Curious that you called me out in a previous thread because of my comments about the people of MO-07 and sequestration but you have no problem casting aspersions on the voters of NY-15.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 07:33:32 AM »

In NC, I'll actually go with CD8 because it was the most pro-Amendment 1 district, voting 77% For.

If you bothered look in the dictionary, of course, you'll see that the term"reactionary" is more aligned with conservative thought.

'Curious that you called me out in a previous thread because of my comments about the people of MO-07 and sequestration but you have no problem casting aspersions on the voters of NY-15.

Interesting. You made an observation about a state based on the comments of a single congressional representative of 1/8 of the state. I made an observation about a district based on the actual North Korea-esque voting behavior of the voters of the district, although the North Korea public probably consists of more freedom loving people than the NY-15 voters.
dpmapper
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 07:46:08 AM »

There is nothing in that entry that limits 'reactionary' to conservatives.  Liberals can be reactionary, too - witness the overwrought responses that the VRA decision yesterday precipitated.  One could easily argue that in the politics of today, it is the left that is trying to maintain the status quo of the welfare state and social policies that they built in the middle of the last century, and the right that is the reform party. 
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 09:31:43 AM »

There is nothing in that entry that limits 'reactionary' to conservatives.  Liberals can be reactionary, too - witness the overwrought responses that the VRA decision yesterday precipitated.  One could easily argue that in the politics of today, it is the left that is trying to maintain the status quo of the welfare state and social policies that they built in the middle of the last century, and the right that is the reform party. 

reformist and progressive is not the same thing and reactionary is defined as the opposite of progressive.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 10:28:29 AM »

Interesting. You made an observation about a state based on the comments of a single congressional representative of 1/8 of the state. I made an observation about a district based on the actual North Korea-esque voting behavior of the voters of the district, although the North Korea public probably consists of more freedom loving people than the NY-15 voters.

Um, no. As I said, there are also other reasons why I wouldn’t want to live there. I’ve been saying that for a while but you still don’t get it for some reason.

I also didn’t say that the people of MO-07 “don’t think.” That’s the difference here.

Maybe you should try thinking yourself the next time you post; you may even make more friends that way!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 10:39:47 AM »

Um, no. As I said, there are also other reasons why I wouldn’t want to live there. I’ve been saying that for a while but you still don’t get it for some reason.

I also didn’t say that the people of MO-07 “don’t think.” That’s the difference here.

Maybe you should try thinking yourself the next time you post; you may even make more friends that way!

I am not gifted with mind reading or foresight.

At the point in time at which I made the post you quoted, the post which you made stated the following. I am not sure what your rationale is for sullying the other 7/8 of Missouri.

No offense to anyone, but it really must suck to live in Missouri.

I suppose you are popular in the way that Justin Bieber is popular. Congratulations.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »

In Minnesota...I don't think I even have to say.

Not disagreeing, but Bachmann's CD wasn't even the most anti-gay CD (in the 2012 referendum) in Minnesota.

Nationally, I would also mention LA-4 and LA-5.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 07:54:48 AM »

I'd go with TX-13, which happens to be the most conservative Republican district in the nation. It was the only district where Romney got over 80% of the vote, a first for Republicans since (I'm fairly certain) 1984. The vast rural Plains districts would rank alongside it.
JoeyJoeJoe
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.57

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 08:50:43 PM »

In 2000, Bush got 80% in TX-19, I believe.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies