Live, from DC (err...Nyman) Final Election Results (on page 5)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:44:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Live, from DC (err...Nyman) Final Election Results (on page 5)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Live, from DC (err...Nyman) Final Election Results (on page 5)  (Read 4880 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2005, 02:33:31 AM »

I thought that the assembled governor's decided who won in ties.  No runoffs.

No... the runoff is the first thing that happens.  See the relevant legislation; the process is specified in Section 3.

I'm getting the sense that we should maybe scrap that whole thing and just go back to the way we used to do it or something.  For how strongly it passed, I sure am at a loss to find anyone who likes it...

I guess that I am confusing what I wanted with the acctual.  I certainly know that I wanted to have the governors vote.  A run-off makes absolutly no sense, as there is a pretty good chance you will get the same result.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2005, 02:43:20 AM »

Also, the way the bill is written, it sounds as if there were a runoff even if the tie is further down the ballot...which may yet be declared to be the case in the presidential race (which is why you've not yet seen any words of acceptance or anything from me).
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2005, 12:58:37 PM »

Just bumping this since I think my last post here throws some light on the situation.
At this time, I knew about the situation for about half an hour. Al didn't know at all, he wasn't logged on yet. As soon as I saw him on, I wrote him one pm about how we were effectively tied, and about States' ballot being declared invalid which had seriously angered me, and compared our election success this time with 4 months back. He didn't take the hint, nor concede. So I sent him a second, more explicit pm, of which he quoted part up there.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies