The New Midwest Universal Alțing Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:40:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The New Midwest Universal Alțing Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The New Midwest Universal Alțing Thread  (Read 14337 times)
GAworth
United States

« on: September 28, 2013, 09:15:45 PM »

Thank you Lumine.

MW representatives, don't forget to swear!

I am not sure how I feel about that, but I did swear. Cheesy
GAworth
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:18:44 PM »

So is this where I introduce bills, because I have a few. Tongue

Energy Self-Sufficiency Tax Holiday Bill
Section 1
1.   For a period from January 1 to December 31 of the year following the adoption of this bill, there shall be no sales tax on energy efficient items outlined in 2.
2.   “Energy Efficient Items” shall be outlined as:
a.   Solar Panels
b.   Solar Water Heaters
c.   Wind turbines
d.   Waste to Power plants
e.   Energy efficient light bulbs
f.   Energy efficient washers and dryers
g.   Insulation
h.   Water reclamation systems

More to come stayed tuned . . . .
GAworth
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »

Midwest Green Governance Bill
Section 1 Energy Consumption Requirements for Government Buildings
1.   By January 2020, Midwest government buildings shall ascertain 50% of energy consumed from alternative energy.
2.   Alternative Energy is defined as Wind, Solar, Hydro, Nuclear, bio-fuel/bio-diesel, and Waste to Power
Section 2 Funding Assistance
1.   This bill provides $500 Million dollars for purchasing any necessary equipment by departments to upgrade facilities.
2.   That such funds shall come from the Alternative Energy Fund

Gender Neutral Bathrooms in Government Buildings Bill
Section 1 Designation of Gender Neutral Bathrooms
1.   All government building shall have one (1) bathroom designated as gender neutral.
2.   If no bathrooms are located in the building, then the facility is not required to build one.
3.   No new bathroom shall be constructed at any facility.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 12:58:30 PM »

So is this where I introduce bills, because I have a few. Tongue

Energy Self-Sufficiency Tax Holiday Bill
Section 1
1.   For a period from January 1 to December 31 of the year following the adoption of this bill, there shall be no sales tax on energy efficient items outlined in 2.
2.   “Energy Efficient Items” shall be outlined as:
a.   Solar Panels
b.   Solar Water Heaters
c.   Wind turbines
d.   Waste to Power plants
e.   Energy efficient light bulbs
f.   Energy efficient washers and dryers
g.   Insulation
h.   Water reclamation systems

More to come stayed tuned . . . .

So, what do you want me to do? Shall I open a thread or wait until some precisions?
You can open a thread for this one for sure.  I don't see why the others shouldn't have a thread either. Thanks Archduke!!!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:23 PM »

As I intend to, thank you sir.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »

Midwest Taxation Adjustment Bill
Section 1 Increase in Cigarette Tax
1.   To increase the Cigarette tax from 15% to 30%
Section 2 Increase in Alcohol Tax
1.   To increase the Alcohol Tax from 15% to 20%
Section 3 Increase in Marijuana Tax
1.   To increase the Marijuana tax from 15% to 25%
Section 4 Increase in Estate Tax
1.   To increase the Estate Tax for Estates from $1 Million - $5 Million from 2% to 2.5%
2.   To increase the Estate Tax for Estates $5 Million+ from 6% to 6.5%
GAworth
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:03:36 PM »

Well,
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=176966.25
I suggest you should slighty modify your bill because these taxes have been raised!
Thank you I will rework the legislation, I withdraw this piece of legislation, for the record, the tax bill on wiki has them all on 15%, I never knew that bill even existed.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 03:45:59 AM »

Rural Housing Bill
Section 1 Condemnation of inadequate houses
1.   The Government shall conduct a survey of houses in rural communities.
2.   Rural Communities, for the purpose of this legislation, shall be counties or cities with less than 2,000 people per square Mile or no more than 50,000 residents.
3.   If a home is found to be unfit, then the home shall be condemned, the owners will then be eligible for the programs in Section 2 and 3 of this legislation.
Section 2 Regional Rural Housing Building Program
1.   The Regional Government shall pay for and no more than construct 20,000 single family homes in Rural Communities.
2.   Single Family Homes are defined as 2 bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, with a kitchen and living space with running water and electricity either on septic or sewer.
3.   The Regional Government upon construction of the house, shall rent or sell the house to those whose houses are deemed unfit in Section 1
Section 3 Condemned Housing Retrofit Assistance Program
1.   If a house is found to be condemned under section 1, then the owners of the house are eligible for a loan of $50,000 to provide the necessary retrofits to the home to bring it up to live able standards.
2.   The homeowner’s retrofit plan must be approved by the lending agency, if it is not approved, then the homeowner shall be given first priority for the opportunity to purchase or rent a house under section 2 of this act.
3.   Upon completion of the retrofit, the home shall be re-inspected, and if found to be fit for human use shall no longer be condemned.
Section 4 Rural Homeless Housing Strategy
1.   Homeless persons shall be defined as someone not living in home or apartment, whether they own it or not.
2.   Persons who have met number 1 shall be given top priority to rent a house under Section 2 of this act.
3.    Rent may be subsidized for those under this section due to their ability to pay.
Section 5 Rural Rent Assistance Program
1.   If a person/family found under section 1 or 4 of this program cannot purchase or rent a home under section 2, then they are eligible for rent assistance.
2.   If the person/family rent from a private landlord due to a lack of housing under section 2, then the regional government shall pay no more than 40% of the rent for a family under section 1 and 60% for a person/family under Section 4, based off of the persons/families ability to pay.
3.   The program shall last for five fiscal years and maybe renewed at that time.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:08:28 PM »

Hey do we have a drunk driving/boating law on the books? I didn't see one but I could of missed it. If not, I will be happy to draft some legislation for it.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:36 PM »

Well, as far as I know we lack one, so it would be great to see some changes there... What ideas so you have for it, GAworth?
Well, as far as I know we lack one, so it would be great to see some changes there... What ideas so you have for it, GAworth?
I was thinking of having a BAL of .08 for driving and boating. First offense, $100 fine, second offense $250 fine, third offense, $500 fine and revocation of license for 1 year. But I have not thought it out more than that for right now.

Hey do we have a drunk driving/boating law on the books? I didn't see one but I could of missed it. If not, I will be happy to draft some legislation for it.
If the states has limits then fine, but I may still introduce something.

No, not region-wide, but I believe in Atlasia we presume American state laws still apply to their respective states if the region has not passed a law to the contrary, akin to counties being able to create similar laws in some American states.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »

Midwest Standardized D.U.I. and B.U.I. Bill
Section 1 Driving under the influence or D.U.I.
1.   A person who is found with a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of .08 and is driving a vehicle shall be guilty of D.U.I.
2.   A “Vehicle” is defined as Car, Truck, Mini-Van, 18 Wheeler, Tractor, ATV, Motorcycle and any other motorized drivable machines.
3.   On the first offense, the convicted person shall pay a fine of $100. Second Time, a fine of $250. Third time, a fine of $500, and have their license revoked for 1 year.
Section 2 Boating under the Influence or B.U.I.
1.   A person who is found with a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of .08 and is driving a boat shall be guilty of D.U.I.
2.   A “boat” is defined as any motorized vessel.
3.   On the first offense, the convicted person shall pay a fine of $100. Second Time, a fine of $250. Third time, a fine of $500, and have their license revoked for 1 year.
Section 3 Child endangerment fine increase
1.   If a child, someone who is 18 or younger, is in the vehicle or vessel at the time of the arrest, then the fine will be doubled per child in the car. Social Services will be made aware of the incident and a safety evaluation will be made on whether the child should stay with the parent.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 07:33:29 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »

bump
GAworth
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »

I will write the bulk of the text later, but this is mostly so you all can also discuss how we go about this. The main thing here is I want a clear procedure of how we go about the Midwest Althing.
What did you have in mind?
GAworth
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 07:37:28 PM »

GAworth
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 07:38:31 PM »

GAworth
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 07:45:21 PM »

I will write the bulk of the text later, but this is mostly so you all can also discuss how we go about this. The main thing here is I want a clear procedure of how we go about the Midwest Althing.
What did you have in mind?

A much shorter version of the rules that are in place for the Actual Senate, which can be found on wiki here. Also, I will look into it, but there are probably things like this for the other assemblies/houses, so I encourage you to do homework there too.
Sounds like a good start
GAworth
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 07:50:44 PM »

This is what I found in the wiki for the Althing, I am not sure how up to date it is.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 02:02:11 AM »

GAworth
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »

I could see the need for rules. Certainly no vote until all the Representatives have commented, possibly even the Governor or Lt. Governor, but that could be problematic in practice.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »

Please relinquish your claim on New Mexico. It was traded fairly for Montana 8 years ago.

Well it is currently being voted on by the people of the Midwest.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 10:26:19 PM »

GAworth
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 10:20:49 PM »

GAworth
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 10:23:34 PM »

GAworth
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 10:24:28 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies