Conspicuous by my Absence
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:23:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Conspicuous by my Absence
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conspicuous by my Absence  (Read 309 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2013, 05:39:37 AM »

I'll have very limited internet for the next month or so and won't be around much. If you notice me missing, don't fret.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:20:34 AM »

Thanks for letting us know Smid, you'll be missed!
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 07:45:47 AM »

On the road?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 07:48:48 AM »

As long as whiskey and cigars are in your plans during your absence, all is well, good Smid.  Smiley
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2013, 10:17:19 AM by Smid »

Cheers, mate!

Heading to visit Mrs Smid's family. I'm sure they'd let me use the computer, but it may be a little unsocial, and I think we have a fair bit planned for our time there (including travel from their house, so those times may be particularly lacking in internet).

As long as whiskey and cigars are in your plans during your absence, all is well, good Smid.  Smiley

I certainly hope so, but I think you saw Mrs Smid's Facebook comment when I flew up for the boys' weekend the other week - about if I come back smelling of Scotch and cigars, I'll be in the dog house... mind you, the Scotch she doesn't mind... rather enjoys it herself, actually. Just the cigars that gets me in the bad books...
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 10:28:24 AM »

Don't get stuck in the floods!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »

I certainly hope so, but I think you saw Mrs Smid's Facebook comment when I flew up for the boys' weekend the other week - about if I come back smelling of Scotch and cigars, I'll be in the dog house... mind you, the Scotch she doesn't mind... rather enjoys it herself, actually. Just the cigars that gets me in the bad books...

Indeed I did, but a small price to pay for the generous Mrs. Smid sending you off with the boys Smiley   

Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:00:50 PM »

I'll try! I might see if I can help out with the relief effort, though.

Indeed I did, but a small price to pay for the generous Mrs. Smid sending you off with the boys Smiley   

I am exceptionally fortunate! I made a very sound decision there, if I do say so myself.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 11:48:32 PM »

Heading to visit Mrs Smid's family. I'm sure they'd let me use the computer, but it may be a little unsocial, and I think we have a fair bit planned for our time there (including travel from their house, so those times may be particularly lacking in internet).

I'm pretty sure it's socially acceptable to use a tablet device when you're visiting with family.  Now, 30 minute walks... that's a big no-no.  Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies