Happy Birthday, Nym!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:22:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Happy Birthday, Nym!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Birthday, Nym!  (Read 462 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:08:25 AM »

One of the forum's finest.   FF.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 07:11:08 AM »

He should ban five posters at random to celebrate.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 07:12:50 AM »

He should ban five posters at random to celebrate.

He's not Gully or oakvale, you see. 
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 07:39:09 AM »

Happy Birthday! Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »

Happy Happy!  Like Jesus, Elvis, and my son, you are capricorn.  Industrious and attentive to detail.

We celebrated my son's tenth birthday today as well.  We went skating on the ice!  It has been 41 years since I have done that.  (Daddy took me skating once when I was about 7 years old, and that's the only time I can remember ice skating.)  At first I was holding the wall like a chump, but after about 20 minutes I was into it.  We skated for two hours straight, and I didn't fall once!  I even went backwards a bit.  I didn't try to pirouette or anything fancy like that, but I was skating like a champ for two hours.  It was my son's first foray onto the ice.  He held the wall for the first 20 minutes as well, but eventually he got the hand of it.  He fell about ten times, but seemed to enjoy the fall.  It's amazing how smooth the surface of the rink is when they first open, and how very rough it is after two hours of people skating upon it.

After that we had mall food.  Thai mango chicken, noodles, rice, and some mystery vegetable.  Mmmmm, mall food.  Then we got hopped up on mall candy and tea and Auntie Annie's pretzels.  Then it was off to Toys R US for presents.  Normally I buy him a gift and shroud it in mystery and wrapping paper, but this year I gave him a 100-dollar budget (and we very nearly stayed within it shopping for his birthday presents.)  Of course, I stopped at the liquor store on the way home and got some bubbly.  Blanc de blanc.  It was sparkling wine, and it was from France, but it's not from Champagne, so I won't call it that.  Anyway, I always celebrate my son's birthday with sparkling wine from France, and I celebrate the following day, New Year's Eve, with Spanish cava.  Those are the only two days of the year when I drink bubbly. 

We'll have his "party" later.  We always have to wait a few weeks after his real birthday to have a party with his chums, since he has his birthday during the holidays.  Normally my wife is with us, but she's 12 time zones away this year looking after her 75-year-old father who suffered a heart attack earlier this month.  We'll do the Skype thing this evening at 9:34pm, or 9:34am for her, to celebrate the actual tenth anniversary of the boy's birth.

Anyway, I definitely recommend ice skating for your birthday.  Tie them up tightly, and don't be afraid to fall!  Anon.  Happy birthday to all, and to all a good morrow and a prosperous new year!

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 07:08:02 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies