The Simple Truths Silver Mine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 118731 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: August 29, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »

I think both parties are pretty diverse in this sense, but there tends to be a lot more public infighting on the Republican side than on the Democratic side.

It's sort of like two dysfunctional families. The Democrats are the family that merely tolerate each other out of common self interest or obligation, but have little to no connection and rarely communicate with each other, and just try to push their agenda behind the scenes, even if it hurts another member in the coalition. On the other hand, the Republicans are like the family that you see screaming at and beating their child in public for having a temper tantrum (or in the case of real life, shutting down the government). This only further fans the flames of the rivalry.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #901 on: August 29, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »

Ernest's rape "jokes" are worse than anything opebo ever posted.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #902 on: August 29, 2014, 10:34:11 PM »

Lincoln did what he had to do; it's a shame that he did not do more to bring the Southern gentry in line. For starters, they should have just barred all former slaveholders from ever voting again (along with all Confederate officers), confiscated all of their land and split it up between freedman and white yeoman, and hanged every high ranking Confederate official after giving them a trial with a jury composed entirely of the people they had formerly held in bondage. That would have probably done the trick.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #903 on: August 30, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »

Of course he'd say this. He's in the same tradition as isolationists such as Abraham Lincoln, William McKinley, Charles Lindbergh and Bob Taft, before the Cold War made conservatives into temporary internationalists.
...what?

It's remarkable how their statures keep dropping, isn't it? Like the reverse evolutionary chart...
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to make a joke? You don't really think William McKinley was an isolationist, do you?

Why not? He said he hated war, and the only one he was involved in during his presidency, he had to be dragged into by yellow journalists. The progressive Teddy Roosevelt is the one who lived and breathed the war.

"Less eager to start a war than Teddy Roosevelt" might include everyone not named Teddy Roosevelt.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #904 on: August 30, 2014, 09:51:40 PM »

Any blue state would be lucky to have a Senator as good as Frank Church. But somehow he served 4 terms in Idaho.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #905 on: September 02, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

Context:

Unlike Hillary, they figured out the correct group to arm.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #906 on: September 02, 2014, 03:49:43 PM »

Face it, your hero LBJ was just as much of a racist scumbag who only changed his position on things like the economy and Civil Rights because he was doomed without the Kennedy Coalition.

But who cares why people do good things?
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #907 on: September 03, 2014, 07:49:10 AM »

They are all dead for the Democrats, because it is not only racism. The decline began with Gore  and Kelly. It is similar toGOP and Hispanics.

The democratic party is not addressing the white population in the (poor) South and in Appalachia.
This.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #908 on: September 03, 2014, 07:55:21 AM »

Face it, your hero LBJ was just as much of a racist scumbag who only changed his position on things like the economy and Civil Rights because he was doomed without the Kennedy Coalition.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #909 on: September 03, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »

Oh god, he's back.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #910 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:35 AM »

@Landslide Lyndon

I don't mind to be corrected, if i'm wrong. But I fear, that your facts need some straightening. I never talked of policies among the mediteranian countries. I meant the individual policies of france, italy, spain, etc. they all spent (and spend) too much.  This is perverting John Maynard Keynes.

As I see your avatar, my wife has greek parents. So i know a little something about the state of things in Greece. I admire what has been achieved in Greece, but France and Italy will have to go the same way.

And you still don't know what you're talking about. Spain was running surpluses before the 2008 financial crisis. Italy had very small deficits even after that. There was no profligate spending as you say. That's a lie conservatives continue to repeat even though it's been repeatedly discredited.

As for capital flow, nobody talked about handouts. What everyone (even Draghi) asks from Germany and the other northern European countries is to ease monetary policy and let their inflation rise a little because southern Europe is in imminent danger of entering a deflationary vortex.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #911 on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »

Context:
No for every single previous poster, and likewise for any future Forum poster. Tongue
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #912 on: September 05, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »

Context:

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #913 on: September 05, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »

Classify some American teenager  being told she has a nice ass on Instagram unsoliticed as a similar event to a tribal girl being raped by a pillaging warlord is pretty gross.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #914 on: September 06, 2014, 12:58:16 PM »

Susan Collins votes with Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz on basically everything of importance. She's just as far-right in practice as the rest of them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #915 on: September 06, 2014, 01:22:14 PM »

Susan Collins votes with Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz on basically everything of importance. She's just as far-right in practice as the rest of them.

But she's a moderat Sad
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #916 on: September 07, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »

You abdicated any right to tell anyone on this forum to "shut up and let you live your life" several "seasons" ago. If you don't want to be judged, don't post judgeworthy actions on here.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #917 on: September 07, 2014, 03:07:46 PM »

No, our problem is that a lot of people in the party, and those running the party are still stuck in 1980.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #918 on: September 07, 2014, 03:22:23 PM »

The US didn't fund Bin Laden.  The US funded Afghani groups, while Saudi Arabia and perhaps ISI funded Arab foreign fighters.  Most of the support for the Afghan insurgency came from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia anyway.  Let's not rewrite history here.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #919 on: September 07, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »

Well, she's right. If you don't believe that women should be equal then you're a bigot.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #920 on: September 07, 2014, 11:36:49 PM »

Better late than never:
Do not wait 19 days for some bitch to call you back to talk about something this important. Trust me, I've been burnt here before. She's trying to buy time for you to lose interest or for her to get the guts to end it. Some bitch pulled the same move on me when I went to college last year. I was a fool, bought it for a month, and wasted six weeks of college still thinking I was in a relationship that had obviously already ended. You're better off giving her a week tops and calling her and giving her the opportunity to talk to you. If she says she can't talk, end it. If you're "meant to be", she'll be in touch. You really have to know when to move on. You've been in this relationship for a month and  a half; don't waste more time in it if it's not working.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #921 on: September 08, 2014, 12:30:45 AM »

She robocalled for a corrupt male over a non corrupt female. She believes in the good ol' boys network except when it comes to herself.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #922 on: September 08, 2014, 08:59:17 AM »

By far, the best former poster is Gabu. Nobody else even comes close.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #923 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »

Context.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #924 on: September 08, 2014, 02:20:57 PM »

But yeah, this is definitely 2010 2.0, real good analysis Stu.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies