The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:07:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 120021 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: September 12, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 10:40:18 AM »

Yes, "silver" and "sulfur" sound similar, but they are not the same.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »

This place reminds me of the Lord of the Flies sometimes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 08:33:47 PM »

"Sexual compatibility" as a static construct that people either have or don't have is a myth. Any couple in a healthy relationship where both parties communicate and compromise as needed are able to create sexual compatibility.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 04:54:55 PM »

Alright, can we please not be ludicrous? Yes, Republican politicians - like Democratic politicians, but that's beside the point - are the opportunistic slime of the Earth, but you seem to be forgetting that the people who elect them are just as human as the rest of us. Personally, there will probably never be a day that goes by where I don't disagree with them on virtually everything, but that doesn't make them monsters or boogeymen.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 10:04:54 PM »

"The real economy" as a phrase should be taken out back and shot.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »

Seriously now, why is being a virgin or not held to be a defining character of personal value on this forum?

Because this forum seems to be full of horny, sexually-frustrated young men seeking to assert their masculinity. It's natural, if irritating and pointless.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 11:55:11 AM »

The assertion that it would have been possible to 'competently' reform the Soviet Union is sweet.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 11:05:00 PM »

Are there really that many fundies? Strange.

Is that what we are calling Christians, Jews, and Muslims now?

Improper use of terminology is the greatest scourge of our time.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 10:06:24 PM »

the very point of writing vague rules is to allow for selective enforcement.

welcome back Tweed!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 12:55:59 PM »

I wouldn't place the blame so much on teachers' unions as other factors.  We've loaded down the school day with more "things that must be done", both educational and sociological, without really increasing the time available to do them.  The added time needed has primarily come by squeezing the time spent for "non-essentials" such as recess and lunch, and a result, we have kids who are having to engage in long grinding school days with little chance of a break to recharge or socialize.  In education these days, we tend to treat kids as learning machines and then are surprised when they fail to be machines.

Plus, the no child left behind ethos, while good in the abstract, has meant we're spending resources on children who would have been left behind back when you were going to school, and in some places that has been at the expense of those who were previously advantaged.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »

The solution to the "problem" of "white privilege" is to extend this privilege to all, not to deprive others of it.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 06:49:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure that no one here ever clicks through to read the actual story.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 12:48:38 PM »

Most poor people do vote for Democrats.

Anyway, all this talk of "voting against one's interests" is just another sad reflection of the elitism which has increasingly grown in the Democratic Party. Do poor people not have the right to vote how they please?

Anyway, that way of thinking is yucky.

It also implies that it would be in the best interests of poor people to vote Democratic.

Well, at least it would be better for their "economic self-interest" than voting pubbie.
First off, most people are not the selfish "rational actors" the social sciences have reduced us to. There is more to decision making than "will this get me more money?" (the answer to which is usually "no," no matter who you vote for).
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 05:05:36 PM »

Atlas is actually kind of a strange breeding ground for posters who are the opposite of the Gay Mafia, ones who believe that being anti-gay is some kind of sophisticated intellectual position and that those who don't share it are just unenlightened peons who can't grasp their extreme superior intellect that leads them to it.

Examples: Hifly, Tweed and that incoherent tarheel leftist guy.

do you even know who Tweed is?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 01:25:01 PM »

Dear me, I think that this distinction between the 'rational' and 'irrational' is highly overrated. As is the tendency of some to assume that their politics is 'rationally' thought through.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 01:23:24 PM »

I would have voted to keep the sentence in to poison pill the amendment.

The problem with poison pills is that you might end up swallowing them. 
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »

good as a general comment on individual politics what-ifs:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »

It's kind of adorable how corrupt Alaskan politicians are.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 10:43:17 PM »

Bush wasn't unintelligent. In fact, his genius move was to drop the elitist, East Coast WASPy snobbery that pretty much defines the rest of the Bush clan, in favour of that "I'm a small-town hick" act.  That way his liberal opponents all went for the easy elitist attacks, allowing BUsh to maintain a populist image.

Neither is Palin. She was just tragically unprepared for prime-time. An alternative planet where Palin was never chosen as veep could have kept her as a serious political player now, rather than the laughing stock she is right now.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »

The folks rioting and looting in Ferguson have done their very best to validate every negative stereotype there is about African Americans.

Yeah I don't think anyone there gives a sh1t that racists are feeling that their racist views are being validated.

Yeah the world isn't as black and white (no pun intended) as you want it to be. There is something of a point under his badly worded sentence. What the rioters are doing is enforcing the notion that these areas are lawless and that cops need to be especially vigilant while there. Thus, the public is willing to give cops more leeway in how they conduct themselves in black neighborhoods. If it doesn't make sense to you that this is what a lot of people, who are far from being skinheads or klansmen, are taking away from this episode, then you're clearly not thinking rationally about the situation.

It doesn't help when you excuse behavior that by and large has been condemned by the "black community." The rioters don't represent most black Americans or most of the protesters who are/were in Ferguson.

The "leadership" of the African American community needs to step up and actually lead in a positive way.

The rioters don't care what the the leaders of the black community, who have condemned this stuff, have to say. They just want to riot....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies