The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:10:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 119367 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 30, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »

Tony, your effort to find someplace Oldies won't post is noble but futile.
Especially because my posts are simple truths that people won't acknowledge because they contradict the far-left politics of most people on here.

Simple-minded 'truths' perhaps.

You can't say that.  I have no idea what the process was for Oldies to believe what he does... but I very much doubt it was "simple". 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »

It really is shocking the desperate lengths that the majority of the moderation team has gone to justify their treatment of opebo - when it is plainly obvious (as obvious as it was that BradyNH was a rightwing sock) that this is done out of personal vendetta and not through any attempt to enforce the ToS.
I don't think this is quite accurate anymore, at this point the mods are not even trying to justify their performance. They are simply throwing out non-sequiturs when questioned to deflect criticism and quash dissent with traditional means.

Significant backlash over their treatment of opebo so they started with me last night.

I think it goes deeper.  How does opebo go from 60% FF and a forum institution to 66% HP in his opinion polls in the course of a year when he literally doesn't really post or do anything differently.  Still the same type of opinions and same type of posts about capitalism, prostitution, etc. 

I think they are just changing the results... but whatever.

This all reminds me of the lead up to the Iraq War.  All just came out of no where. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »

If you prefer Reagan to Ike, then you aren't a democrat
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 04:44:15 PM »

I don't know, Antonio's wasp sting comes pretty close I think. I'm kidding of course.

I dunno, I think men having to listen to women talk about childbirth is pretty painful too.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:12 AM »

Terrible end to a terrific series. Rangers should win easily.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 10:15:32 PM »

Yes, gays are less likely to indulge in religious nutterism, having been the victims of it. People raised without religion are going to be much better off. So many of the tykes raised by heteros are subjected to the psychological torture of willful ignorance and threats of eternal damnation. It's amazing they turn out as well as they do.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »

Yes, gays are less likely to indulge in religious nutterism, having been the victims of it. People raised without religion are going to be much better off. So many of the tykes raised by heteros are subjected to the psychological torture of willful ignorance and threats of eternal damnation. It's amazing they turn out as well as they do.

This is quoted literally right above your post.

Oopsies
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 08:45:50 PM »

I didn't click because I'm lazy, but it is supreme foolishness to assume religion is not a threat to world peace. Religion is just about always a threat to world peace.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 10:35:54 AM »

Any job that pays less than $500 per 40-hour work week is effectively slave labor. #fact
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 12:57:54 AM »

Too spineless, gutless, and pathetic at arguing their position.

Context click needed. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 11:32:19 AM »

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 11:07:29 AM »

Contrary to the popular meme of the old Dixiecrats becoming Republicans, most GOP gains came from the "New South."  Reagan probably lost a majority of Deep South counties but carried every state except GA.

Quoting your own sock is bad.

Oldies, you have to let go of this ridiculous revisionist BS at some point. 

The red is the Southern white vote in 1964 after the Civil Rights Act.  You know this.  Everybody on this site knows this.  Those are not "New South" voters.  What you try to attribute this to is beyond my comprehension, but I don't understand what you are gaining by prioritizing that Democrats were racists in 1860 or that racists DIDN'T vote for the Republicans in the 1960s.  What's is the point?  It was all irrelevant in 1980, in 1992, in 2000, and even more so now. 

EDIT: Oh... and the 1980 results had nothing to do with Carter being unpopular.  NOTHING at all.  It was all just New Non-Racist GOP sweeping into warm weather suburbs and delivering the South to Reagan and every GOP candidate since while racist Southern whites still cling to the Democrats.  Yup.  Absolutely. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 10:10:06 PM »

Nathan, do you search for any uses of the word 'religion' used since the last time you logged on?  Just curious.

Har har har. No, I do not. The intolerably smug and simplistic nonsense that certain posters spew on this subject crosses my radar more than frequently enough as it is without actively looking for even more of it.

That was a quick and tone changing edit there...

Well, yes, because I realized quickly that my original tone was uncalled for.

In any case, I think I've earned the right to be smug about having a better grasp of my own field of study than, well, people whose field of study it incredibly obviously isn't.

You don't have a particularly good grasp of non-religious belief however it presents itself to you, which has came across particularly when I have discussed secular morality (there is a post on the atlas ether somewhere in which you said that secular ethics and the reason for unbelief didn't even concern you)

So you can't fully say you have a 'complete' grasp of the matters at hand. It would be like someone who has superb knowledge of the history of the Democrat Party claiming to have a full grasp of American political history despite never studying the GOP Smiley

That's not really relevant given the sheer simplicity of Memphis & HockeyDude's bigotry. One does not need a PhD in Poli Sci to refute OldiesFreak's view of the Democratic party.

That's not entirely fair to HockeyDude, who's slightly more willing to make tactical concessions in these discussions than memphis is and who has slightly more of a sense of humor about the whole subject.

Although the more I think about it the more I think that in this one specific instance memphis may actually have a point--about Bushie's circumstances, not in general--and that's a worrying admission for me to make.

Thanks, Madeleine.

DC Al is just a big bully, he is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies