The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:43:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 119325 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: June 29, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »

This is an effort to cleanse the Good Post Gallery from those posts which, though of significant value, lack the thoughtfulness and intellectual elaborateness to belong in there. Quote here the posts written in short, straight and simple language which convey a particularly good message. And please, from now on, reserve the Gallery for very articulate posts.

I'll start with this:

People pretend that the supreme court have any kind of moral or judicial authority, when all it is; is a bunch political appointed hacks, who was able to brown-nose and lie themselves through the Senate hearings.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »

Tony, your effort to find someplace Oldies won't post is noble but futile.

Actually, I'd rather have Oldies post here rather than in the GPG. Sad

Besides, several posters (me comprises) have been told that some posts they quoted didn't actually belong in the GPG, but there wasn't any other place to put them in, so I figured this could play a useful role.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 05:09:50 PM »

And if anything the Christian right tells is correct,

Why in the world would you assume that?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 07:49:45 AM »

I've never understood the reticence to express love that a lot of people seem to have. I tell close friends I love them all the time and I wouldn't be willing to pursue a relationship with somebody who wasn't a close friend. I don't see the point of being in a relationship at all otherwise.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:43:09 AM »

Yes, neo-liberal economics ruined Detroit. Just like they ruined many other localities in America.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »

A truly vile piece of work with laughable, delusional views, whose "ideas" are deservedly not taken seriously by anyone who is not on the payroll of a number of self-reinforcing, existing-in-a-parallel-universe  "think tanks", or who is not a rich suburban white male serial Internet poster, or who is not a member of a Survivalist cult/"militia" that is oddly obsessed with the phrase, "A Republic, not a Democracy!"

In other words, the perfect spokesman for the Libertarian Movement.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 02:52:53 AM »

Personally, I would feel remorseful for causing a person's death even if they slammed my head a hundred times into cement.  But I guess that's just me. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »

I never realized there was a gender gap when it came to supporting same sex marriage.

The "ick" factor for straight men.

It's extremely sad that there are so many men out there who are just so grossed out by the thought of gay marriage/gay sex/etc. that they feel the need to tell people they wouldn't be allowed.  Not moral grounds, or traditionalist grounds.. just "EW GROSS!".  Like children, they are. 

This is why we need to have a more open society when it comes to sex.  If these guys were getting laid they wouldn't be like this.  

Having an open society has nothing to do with it, its all biological. If homosexuality were genetically beneficial, it would be something that the majority of the population would like and fine appealing....but its not. By darwinian terms, its a mutation. But we dont like to use words like that and in 2013, it doesnt really matter that much. The point is, you cant change peoples thoughts or ideas when they're rooted in hundreds of thousands of years of genetic streamlining.

Humans are far smarter than our genetics. We have this cool thing called "higher thinking" that allows us to go beyond instinct.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »

Also PLEASE PEOPLE USE THIS THREAD MORE OFTEN!!!! There are plenty of posts in the GPG that should be here instead.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 03:11:53 PM »

Also PLEASE PEOPLE USE THIS THREAD MORE OFTEN!!!! There are plenty of posts in the GPG that should be here instead.

Dude, why the hell does this thread even exist?

It seems to be a redundancy on the already redundant nature of the Forum Community board to have threads for EVERY FINKSING THING.
If I didn't know better I would swear this was satire.

It's pretty simple. The GPG is for particularly deep, thoughtful, articulate posts. The Silver Mine is for very basic posts that convey a particularly strong message in a few words. The difference is easy to make.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »

It should be doubled for starters, indexed to increases in worker productivity and inflation, and firing should be made illegal unless you aren't doing your job. Also the work week should be gradually reduced to 32 hours, the closed shop brought back, and scabs banned from being used during a strike.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 06:31:02 AM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 04:08:05 PM »

Marx is a legitimate and serious social scientist, the father of sociology, and arguably the best analyst of capitalism to have ever lived.

Hayek is some nut who thinks that having a welfare state = totalitarianism.

Tough choice. Roll Eyes
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »

Feminists have long been making the point they we're conditioning exaggerated gender roles into our children - hyper-masculinity included.

Seriously, DC. Try to know what you're talking about.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »

Feminists have long been making the point they we're conditioning exaggerated gender roles into our children - hyper-masculinity included.

academia =/= the twats on my facebook page

So why not rename this "twats on my facebook page double standard"?

Also, I can't help but wonder why one would keep "twats" in his FB friends lists. Of course you are similar to most people in that regard, but I've never understood the lack of selectivity in adding FB friends.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2013, 06:26:12 PM »

academia =/= the twats on my facebook page

So why not rename this "twats on my facebook page double standard"?

Also, I can't help but wonder why one would keep "twats" in his FB friends lists. Of course you are similar to most people in that regard, but I've never understood the lack of selectivity in adding FB friends.

Because I took it off the internet and I'm too lazy to edit the image Tongue. Plus it worked for my snarky response to a bunch of self-identified feminists. As for facebook selectivity, you're totally right and I need to trim my friends list a bit.

Well, the guy who made this picture is not as smart as he thinks he is. Anyway, point taken.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »

If Libertarian Republicans want to be taken seriously, they'll put someone in the national spotlight who is not either stupid, an asshole, a gaffe machine, or all of the above.

Fixed.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 04:10:54 AM »

Not a fan of potentially seizure inducing animations, generally.  Even less of a fan when they serve no purpose.  It's in the same category as scrolling text. A potentially neat idea that mostly gets used when not needed.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »

Its a simple conclusion - left=happy, right=miserable.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 04:20:15 AM »

Oftentimes I get the sense that there's a rather...sadistic side to some of them.

Far more, though, fall into the camp of making those who receive the death penalty an "Other" (dehumanization) so as to absolve themselves of any social responsibility for the horrible crimes that those who receive capital punishment commit.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2013, 05:54:54 PM »

I think that one can make an entirely plausible argument that gerrymandering in the House has made it such that, right now, the Senate is a vastly better representation of the "will of the people".  This despite its flagrant by-design malapportionment, which is more than a little scary.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 10:57:59 AM »

Can't believe I'm posting something from dead0man here:

Lets see....Lukashenko uses violence to crush critics, takes hostages to get things he wants, rigs elections, regularly blames minorities for the problems he's created, has one of the least free press in the world, is anti-union, anti-gay, anti-Jew, anti-Pole, jails political opponents and then tortures them and thinks Germany was greatest when Hitler was in charge....but he's anti-west too so he's clearly a hero!

Oh come on. He was arguing with Tweed, who had, as usual, make a ridiculous outlandish statement nobody should bother enough to answer. This post would rather belong in the Obviousness Coal Mine.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 03:01:09 PM »

Gully's law of forums #6: All unironic mentions of political correctness must directly be responded to with this video
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »

If there are seriously people who only come here to masturbate to the 'comedy' of a guy with serious emotional problems destroying what remains of his life I don't think losing them is any great loss. I get the impression that if Bushie literally killed himself you'd all laugh and declare it GREAT WRITING!!!!! or whatever.

We'll be better off without the sick Update enablers.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »

Since politicians aren't surgeons or medical experts, are you okay with having a poor quality of medical care such as in England where they wait 6 hours in the emergency room?

Fact: The average ER wait time in the United States is 4 hours, 7 minutes. (2009)
http://www.businessinsider.com/utahs-eight-hour-emergency-room-wait-time-average-is-a-us-record-2011-11

Fact: In England, 96.3% of ER visits took less than 4 hours.
http://www.annemergmed.com/article/S0196-0644(11)01541-1/fulltext

England has lower overall medical costs than the United States. People in England also have a longer life expectancy.

What a terrible health system that must be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies