The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:46:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 120166 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: November 03, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »

If some hypothetical psychopath existed and disliked the smell of both coffee and cannabis it'd clear that we're fundamentally alien to one another.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:05:38 PM »

Hating the taste of coffee = objectively HPs. Sorry guys.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »

it's a great fallacy to presume that he is addicted to cocaine.  if you happened upon somebody carrying a six-pack of beer you would not presume that they are addicted to alcohol.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 12:42:12 PM »

Legitimate question: why are all of our Latin American posters awful right-wingers?

Why would the fascists need to start an uprising in Venezuela? They have been in power for the last 15 years. Against whom would they be rebelling?

I think ag and deadflagblues have been burdened with the knowledge of basic economics.

A third of Americans continue to use Windows XP, an operating system that is well over a decade old, while a $2,000 Macbook Pro is effectively out of reach for the typical American household budget.

That's because WinXP works just fine and Macintosh products are crap.

As someone who's spent the last two days in Windows hell, scouring the planet for "drivers", I can confirm that is by no means "truth".
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 10:17:56 AM »

As always, these threads are not okay. What made you think that they were?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »

Without "Same Love", the music industry wouldn't be able to bravely congratulate itself on how progressive it is.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »

What an utterly ridiculous post. "Animals exist for a reason" lol, and accepting that ludicrous premise, it's thus perfectly moral to murder them to eat. People exist for a reason, bring back cannibalism.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 02:08:49 PM »

Why should we treat animals differently than how they treat each other? Obviously, cruelty and any act that leads to pointless suffering is immoral and should be prohibited. However, I fail to see how any serious moral case could be made against killing animals in order to further our basic interests (such as alimentation or scientific research). Nonsentient beings cannot be said to have rights, and the "rights" we grant to them have less to do with animals themselves than with the standards that we as a species want to hold ourselves to.

Animals regularly kill each other, too, but I'd like to think that humanity's a tad more evolved than to think wanton murder and anarchy should be legal.

Are you seriously arguing that animals aren't sentient? That's not a position that's even remotely supported by the weight of scientific evidence.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »

Clearly Flo should choose better people to associate with.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »

Clearly Flo should choose better people to associate with.

As I recall your claim wasn't that this culture was non-pervasive or distant from your own experience, it was that it was nonexistent.

Also, it can be really hard to avoid some of these assholes, even if you want to.

The former claim is exactly what I mean when I say that "rape culture is not a thing". In that "rape culture" as I generally see it used implies some kind of pervasive, sweeping indictment of society as a whole as opposed to the shocking revelation that misogyny unfortunately exists.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »

I don't actually disagree with anything in it, tbh. It doesn't change the fact the Israeli government is a bunch of morons and assholes and at this point bear most of the responsibility for the failure of peace talks.
You agree that the US has a responsibility to ensure that Israel maintains a "military edge?"

If that's necessary to prevent the neighboring countries from destroying it, then yes. Though I know that's not the case right now, Israel has historically been much less trigger-happy than its old enemies.
Why is it America's job to provide for Israel's defense?

Powerful nations should do their job to protect smaller nations from aggression, in general. The fact that Israel is probably the single State in the world that the most other countries would like to see crushed makes its defense particularly necessary.

Israel's very existence is a form of aggression.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »

Can we stop with polls about people who are obviously terrible? Is this just some strange reaffirmation exercise?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »

It's amusing that BRTD thinks he is worthy of having an opinion on Christopher Hitchens, a man way cooler than all this forum combined.

Not that I agreed much with the man on, well, anything really, but that's besides the point.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »

Context.

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine