The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:19:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 119971 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 10, 2014, 03:12:44 PM »

The fact that TR is going to have a lower approval % than Garfield and Arthur is a joke.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:20:18 PM »

Option 3.  Jesus would be hated by virtually all political authorities, just like He was IRL.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:51:46 PM »

None. Never will, either. No cheap design is worth living with forever.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:09:47 AM »

Why is DevotedDemocrat a robot that only creates threads with mindless beltway-like talking points and never responds to anything after? He just creates more and more pointless threads....
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 01:48:35 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 01:22:51 AM by The Alleged Worst »

The term needs to just die. Period. It should never ever be used unless discussing the results of the 1980 or 1984 elections.

On Reagan Democrats.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »

Since they are the ones in the trenches dying for the cause, I'd leans towards saying yes, actually. Anyone who supports a war but doesn't want to fight it is a coward of the worst kind.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 11:50:42 PM »

How do people forget that the OPEC embargo happened under Nixon? If you want to blame a president for gasoline troubles, Nixon's the one!

Republicans nowadays don't forget Nixon and GWB. They retconned their entire presidencies, and they just blamed everything on Carter and Obama.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 11:55:04 PM »

For me:

Tom Cotton, Bill Cassidy, Ron Johnson, Jeff Sessions, Steve Palzzo, Virginia Foxx, Keith Rothfus, Sheila Jackson Lee.

Since the Deluge is apparently being used now for when you simply disagree with someone.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 09:05:45 PM »

I'd also like to nominate every last one of our openly Zionist posters for the title too, given that, you know, Zionism is a form of racism.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »

I always felt Patriot Day was a horrible and totally inappropriate name for September 11th.

(1) It implicitly suggests that there are certain days it's more important to love/be proud of your country than others.

(2) Of all the days you would be more proud than usual of your country, the day its first foreign attack since Pearl Harbor happened at the hands of a bunch of smelly men in pajamas from one of the most @$$-backwards countries in the wold is probably not a good candidate. "How the #$%@ did we manage to let this happen?!" is a more appropriate reaction.

(3) It plays into the unfortunate ethos that followed and had an outsized role in defining the 2000s - the general "Ah love 'Murica an' muh freedoms! If you don't support invadin' the Iraq, you hate 'Murica!" attitude that incites people to buy Hummer H2s, slap 'Support Our Troops' and 'W '04' stickers all over them, and tote their velour tracksuit-clad daughters and collar-popping sons home from school to their heavily-leveraged tract house while blaring Lee Greenwood and Toby Keith songs.

(4) The overwhelming majority of Americans did zero deeds that could qualify as patriotic in the days, months and years following 9/11. Most Americans heeded our president's advice to go shopping. Most Americans unnecessarily bought cars that used too much of the oil that we had to buy from countries that don't like us. Most Americans made the lowest common denominator even lower for public discourse, if they were ever paying attention to begin with.

I tend to think a national holiday honoring firefighters would have been a far more appropriate way to fill up a previously empty space on the calendar. But no one asked me.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 09:18:36 PM »

I'm beginning to doubt, not the veracity, but the relevance of memphis's claim of having taken religion courses in college. I think we can assume he's telling the truth, but he sure doesn't seem to have learned much from them.

Atheists are to history what Baptists are to biology.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 07:37:11 PM »

Could Ted Cruz he be Hillary's running-mate in 2016?  He's proven he can win statewide in Texas and can appeal to white Southerners who have been drifting away from the party in recent decades.  Being of Cuban descent, he'll surely help her in Florida too.  Plus he's a Republican which means he'd give Hillary strong bipartisan street cred with independents.  Picking Cruz would also help Hillary distance herself from President Obama.  Thoughts?

Absurd humor doesn't  belong here, only involuntary absurdity.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 11:10:07 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2014, 12:34:52 AM by Long titles annoy me »

Pushing liberal propaganda and resorting to personal attacks when anyone disagrees.
If he'd just left off the word liberal, that post could have gone in the Simple Truths mine.

Reagan actually changed the direction the country was headed.
Clinton licked his finger and stuck it up in the air to decide his current views.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 09:52:55 PM »

Quick, think of a famous zinger with which Bill Clinton humiliated his debate opponent.

For that matter, think of any famous Bill Clinton quote other than "I didn't inhale," "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky," or "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."

No cheating.

Ronald Reagan is objectively the superior politician of the two. Moving past notable and quotable moments, Reagan won two of the largest landslides in American history while moving his party away from the center, while Clinton won two slightly-above-average victories while moving his party toward the center. He also for a time governed in so tone-deaf a manner that his party lost huge majorities in both houses of Congress for the first time in 42 years, and never regained them both until 6 years after his presidency ended. It's hard to imagine a hypothetical Democratic Reagan making such a mistake.

Reagan got his transformative tax cuts and military buildup through Tip O'Neill's House, while conceding little other than not cutting spending as deeply as he wanted, while Clinton got no significant left-wing legislation past Newt Gingrich's much smaller majority that I can think of, and everything that did go through was legislation on which his administration agreed with the GOP, and/or compromised with or made concessions to them.

Also, not to state the obvious, but Reagan was faithful to his wife and never sexually harassed anyone.

This is not to say Clinton is a poor politician. Nobody becomes President who is a poor politician, and Clinton is well above-average even by Presidential standards. It's just that Reagan was one of the most skillful and natural politicians who has ever lived, and so virtually anyone would come up short compared to him. To say otherwise is to either be pretty hackish or to betray your second-half-of-the-1990s birthdate.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »

opebo would be too busy using Air Force One to pick up hookers from around the world to make war.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »

HP. The only good Communist dictator is - Wait, there are no good Communist dictators.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2014, 10:18:56 PM »

The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 10:53:20 PM »

As one who worked the system to try to save jmfcst, and yes, the only one whom I think played defense for him effectively, he was banned because he wanted to be banned, as he himself said - as a martyr, screw the terms of use in his mind - martyrdom was the thing - a veritable religious experience perhaps. And then has has socked, and socked, and socked. He is not coming back. The end.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 12:12:03 PM »

If Obamanation was Governor of New York he'd be a complete laughingstock and thus would do far less damage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies