The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:57:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 120161 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: January 10, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »

People of all political persuasions tend to be smug and annoying, especially to those who do not share their ideology.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 03:34:52 PM »

It's Sanchez, but still, credit where it's due:

The brutal silencing of enemies of the regime--not even for violations of the TOS--sets an awful precedent which will surely spiral into more executions of those who displease the powerful. I fear for my own survival on this forum.
This post is so awful that it makes me fear your survival.

The real irony is that Sanchez often writes awful posts and he doesn't seem to be worried about his own survival.
Not really, because my horrible posts fit the political nature of a privately owned political site, as well as reflecting my horribly distorted Randist vision of the real world. Snowstalker, on the other hand, sages on about how this website has become some horrible dictatorship, because he has confused Atlas Forum for reality.

Self-awareness of being terrible doesn't make it better. It makes it worse.

^^^^
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »

A fluke is the name of a parasitic worm. Her last name fits her well.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 10:20:34 PM »

All the Democrats here hoping Pryor loses are even dumber than the Tea Party.

Seriously, I don't like him either. But a vote for Reid as majority leader is valuable, especially in a year where the majority is at risk.

Edit: I like Pryor myself, but the general point here is good.
I don't know about this one, actually. What is the point of having a majority thats hollow? Having 51 Senators when only 49 vote for your side? I'd rather spend the money in the Grimes-McConnell race if I were a Democrat.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 02:14:08 PM »

Never thought I'd put a Sanchez post in here, but this is one massive truth bomb:

Animals exist for a reason. We shouldn't beat and starve them, but I don't see anything unethical about eating meat, hunting, or wearing furs. It's part of the food chain.

"the reason animals exist is to be eaten by humans."
that's a straight rephrasing of sanchez's quote.
Pretty much, yeah.

Never thought I'd put a Sanchez post in here, but this is one massive truth bomb:

Animals exist for a reason. We shouldn't beat and starve them, but I don't see anything unethical about eating meat, hunting, or wearing furs. It's part of the food chain.

"the reason animals exist is to be eaten by humans."
that's a straight rephrasing of sanchez's quote.

I think what he meant is that all animals survive my eating other living things (aside from decomposes, but we aren't decomposes) and so it isn't some crime against nature to eat other animals.
No, it is not a crime at all. I find some of our modern methods of killing animals for substance to be a bit uncouth, like factory farms of course, but at the core, animals are not on the same level as humans. That is a cruel thing to say, but at the end of the day it is a truth that has been accepted by humanity since we got here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »

I don't think the Redskins should be forced to change their name, but the name is clearly in really bad taste and should have been changed years ago.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 01:54:13 PM »

I might have entered this in the deluge when the post was made, but now that I am six months older (and six seconds wiser), I find this to be a pretty solid post.

As far as Republican governors go, not that bad. But he's obviously a HP overall.

I personally have little problem with corruption, especially the insignificant vanities the McDonnells were into. You need a bit of corruption to grease the wheels, otherwise no one would want to be a politician and nothing would be accomplished. Some of our greatest public servants have also been incredibly corrupt.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 08:05:40 PM »

Btw, is it a coincidence that HRC can stand for both Human Rights Campaign and Hillary Rodham Clinton? Tongue

They similarly are shills and lack ethical and moral values, along with any core beliefs besides $$$$
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 09:32:57 PM »

Adam, do you have any principles at all? Or are you seriously a total devotee to party line?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 08:25:28 PM »

And what right does any GOP/Regressive have to call out anyone for hyping a candidate? They're still worshipping a 10 years dead, 25 years out-of-office, Dixiecratic (despite not coming from the South) relic who was a relic even when he first ran?
Relic? Reagan may have been ancient when he ran due to his age, but seeing how close he came in 1976, it made perfect sense that he would run in 1980.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 07:48:23 AM »

The funny part is that Reagan had a lot of accomplishments (good and bad) to be remembered for. Kennedy is remembered for a young wife and getting his brains spread across Dealey Plazza.

Don't forget all the millennial Democrats Clinton nostalgia and FDR fanboyism.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 03:27:05 PM »

I'm pretty sure Karl Marx himself would be tarred and feathered as a "neoliberal sellout" the second he deviated from the glorious plan on some minor and irrelevant issue.

The same would apply to any True Libertarian example and their followers, too.
Do we have any True Libertarians?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »

Well, it's over for now. But it'll be a different story in three years when the Taliban is back on the up-and-up.

Already happening.

While living under the brutal regime of bearded, Medieval sadists is a terrible situation for the people of Afghanistan and the rest of the Middle East, I'm not sure what obligates the United States or any other country to prevent it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 02:04:02 PM »

"My enemies must be just as racist as me" is a common line of thinking among racists.
When I was into the bad stuff, this was my exact line of thinking. It was my biggest justification, in fact.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies