The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:11:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 119333 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: June 30, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »

Tony, your effort to find someplace Oldies won't post is noble but futile.
Especially because my posts are simple truths that people won't acknowledge because they contradict the far-left politics of most people on here.

Simple-minded 'truths' perhaps.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »

And coffee tastes like dog sh-t tacos.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

Yep, that's probably it for the show. You can recover from homophobic remarks, but not from racist ones
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »

You people are all SERIOUSLY overestimating the American political narrative.  Whatever news makes it past Kim & Kanye, Miley Cyrus et al and into the water cooler conversation will be something like some piece of honesty Obama was overheard saying in confidence or what some interchangeable brain-dead R-TX says each month.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 03:38:08 PM »

Nathan, do you search for any uses of the word 'religion' used since the last time you logged on?  Just curious.

Har har har. No, I do not. The intolerably smug and simplistic nonsense that certain posters spew on this subject crosses my radar more than frequently enough as it is without actively looking for even more of it.

That was a quick and tone changing edit there...
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »

Nathan, do you search for any uses of the word 'religion' used since the last time you logged on?  Just curious.

Har har har. No, I do not. The intolerably smug and simplistic nonsense that certain posters spew on this subject crosses my radar more than frequently enough as it is without actively looking for even more of it.

That was a quick and tone changing edit there...

Well, yes, because I realized quickly that my original tone was uncalled for.

In any case, I think I've earned the right to be smug about having a better grasp of my own field of study than, well, people whose field of study it incredibly obviously isn't.

You don't have a particularly good grasp of non-religious belief however it presents itself to you, which has came across particularly when I have discussed secular morality (there is a post on the atlas ether somewhere in which you said that secular ethics and the reason for unbelief didn't even concern you)

So you can't fully say you have a 'complete' grasp of the matters at hand. It would be like someone who has superb knowledge of the history of the Democrat Party claiming to have a full grasp of American political history despite never studying the GOP Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies