The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 119967 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« on: July 02, 2013, 09:24:51 AM »

People pretend that the supreme court have any kind of moral or judicial authority, when all it is; is a bunch political appointed hacks, who was able to brown-nose and lie themselves through the Senate hearings.

that is the one in the opening post.

People don't like pandering politicians, but they like it when politicians pander to them and they don't realize it.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »

I considered that one for the deluge. They got their own langugage and a distinct history. They are hardly Germans. Snowstalkers comment is as absurd as saying: "There is no reason for Austria to be a country, since they speak German".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourgish_language
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 07:32:15 AM »

I considered that one for the deluge. They got their own langugage and a distinct history. They are hardly Germans. Snowstalkers comment is as absurd as saying: "There is no reason for Austria to be a country, since they speak German".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourgish_language
The luxembourgish language is Francique mosellan, and it's (or at least was until very recently) also spoken all around in parts of Belgium, Lorraine and Germany. I am fully aware of Luxembourg's history, as I lived near their border for a time. But there really is no real reason for them to be a country. I mean they are in a union of customs and currency with Belgium for a long time, and the only reason why they still exist is as a tax haven and a means for poor workers of the neighbouring countries to work and get paid a little more, albeit with a very scarce social security coverage.

Well, the alternative would be to be German and they certainly have an identity that is separate from the German, so I see them as a nation in their own right fully deserving a nation state of their own.
Adding more German speakers to Belgium would be pointless.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 04:08:48 AM »

The idea of inevitable and linear progress is a terrible myth that needs to die.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 05:36:00 AM »

Context:

Because we're an unbearable group of people.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 04:41:59 AM »

I'd also like to nominate every last one of our openly Zionist posters for the title too, given that, you know, Zionism is a form of racism.

Jews are not a race, so Jewish ethnic nationalism is not racist. Modern Israel is one of the most racially diverse countries on earth with everything from blue eyed blond Russian Jews to black Ethiopian Jews and the most ardent Zionists today are descendants of Arabic Jews who looks just like other Arabs from their original countries (and share many elements of Arabic culture).
whatever the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is, its hardly a racial conflict.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »

Context:

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 03:12:05 AM »

There is nothing normal about supporting Rand Paul.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 07:56:51 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2014, 08:01:52 AM by politicus »

The funny part is that Reagan had a lot of accomplishments (good and bad) to be remembered for. Kennedy is remembered for a young wife and getting his brains spread across Dealey Plazza.

Don't forget all the millennial Democrats Clinton nostalgia and FDR fanboyism.

Preventing a nuclear war should count for something.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 01:03:41 AM »

The US is addicted to the free market like Bushie is addicted to vegetables.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »

It seems to me that the more acerbic the moderator the better they are at moderating.

BS
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 06:56:26 AM »

moving from place to place and job to job, often with addictions that drain their money
That sounds exactly like everybody in the United States.

In thread about sociopaths.

Obviously not a 100% true if taken literally, but still pretty accurate.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 11:15:25 AM »

On BRTD and music:

You basically exclusively like a few incredibly specific types of post-punk music and you think everything else is garbage, right? That's not racist, you just have ridiculously idiosyncratic taste in music.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »

This election will be unpredictable until 8:00 PM Brasília time on Sunday.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 12:32:37 PM »

Context:

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 06:57:29 AM »

Morals most certainly do have a place in public policy, it's called the legislative branch, just as other subjective opinions pertaining to public policy do.  The simple fact of the matter is that the question of when a human life begins is inherently a subjective one because it depends upon the subjective definition of what constitutes a human life. That's why abortion should have been left to the legislative branch to decide in the absence of any explicit definition in the Constitution that SCOTUS could have rendered an objective decision upon.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2014, 02:05:21 PM »

Context:

This is basic common sense, but it really doesn't matter how many studies show this -- the conservatives/libertarians will always deny the result. Nothing will convince them.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »

I think we have to move on from this ridiculous idea that cops should never have their lives at risk. No one is forcing them to do this job; they chose to. Part of the job is putting your life on the line to protect others. They don't just get to shoot their way out of every single situation where they could possibly hypothetically be harmed.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 10:44:46 AM »

Toronto: All of the rudeness of America, none of the decent weather.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 01:05:40 PM »

Don't be a bunch of nerds. Losing an election by 12 points is an unsatisfactory outcome no matter what the scenario is.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 07:32:42 PM »

Yes, they are. Either you support the right of women to have an abortion, or you don't.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=189674.1775
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies