The Simple Truths Silver Mine (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:52:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Simple Truths Silver Mine (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Simple Truths Silver Mine  (Read 119370 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: August 22, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »

Write-in: The recent trend of sanctimonious witch hunts is pretty bad.

There's a difference between "witch hunt" and "bringing to light and rightly shaming horrible bigotry".
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »

Perhaps the best thing Memphis has posted in a while:

This is where Iraq comes back to bite America in the Inks. We lost all credibility because of past lies and now that there actually is a dire emergency in the region, nobody cares. Just like Cambodia after the Vietnam War.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »

Human dignity is cheap if you can exclude people at will.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »

The whole concept of American suburbia was built on the paranoia of white people.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 04:52:58 PM »

That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Some American names are just retarded.

I assure you that it's not just non-Americans who think so. White Americans will give their children absurd half-made-up names or normal names with ridiculous spellings to make them seem 'special', then turn around and make fun of black Americans for giving their children names that are often significantly more euphonic.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 08:46:14 PM »

It's almost as if racial classifications are completely arbitrary and artificial constructions...
Came here to post that.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 07:32:23 PM »

While it is a fact racism exists, I notice that for some reason people on the left seem to be of the opinion that every white male in this country (who is not a Democrat) might as well be from rural Mississippi. 

Half of the Republican Party believe that black people are treated equally or better than whites by American society. The other half of the Republican Party inevitably manage, through their words and actions, to prove that is certainly not the case.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »

Ungodly boring. But this forum likes bland states populated with safe Nordic people (not like New Jersey with the scary Hispanics and Eye-talians!), so it will easily get FS.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 04:14:42 PM »

Ellen is more uniquely offensive to conservatives specifically, but MacFarlane in his capacity as an Oscar host probably offended conservatives more than she will for the same reason that he offended people of other tendencies more than she will: He was one of the worst, most inappropriate and flagrantly ill-suited awards show hosts of all time.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 12:53:14 PM »

Exactly! I remember what always galled me about Barfbag was how he managed to be both a tea partier and a moderate hero- that was always irritating.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 08:11:33 PM »

You clearly meant the deluge there, TNF.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 04:36:43 PM »

It's easy for white people to not buy into racial boundaries, because white people aren't constrained by racial boundaries.

Essentially, what this comes down to is white people being upset that there's some aspect of society (in this case, the language that black people use among themselves) that white people are unable to control, and consequently taking upon themselves the burden of regulating it. It's really for the blacks' own good, isn't it?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 09:56:56 AM »

^^^ The idea that we should base the organization of our judicial system on cases like Breivik is one of the main reasons why judicial systems around the world (and particularly in the US) are so horrible.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 09:38:49 PM »

HP (D). Basically I agree with traininthedistance and IceSpear. There's really no reason to like him unless:

1-You're one of those Serious People breed of Moderate Heroes who rave about how entitlement reform needs to be embraced by the Democrats and wants to revive the DLC and its views on taxation and all that and applaud selling out to Republicans even on things like redistricting for being "bipartisan". Basically an orientation that's mostly extinct except for some pundits.

2-You love to be a contrarian.

3-You only care about gay marriage.

Oh and I suppose 4-You aren't too familiar with his whole record and legitimate attacks and criticisms of him and only the ridiculous True Leftist whining. Which probably applies to most of the FF voters.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 08:25:19 PM »

This thread was just an excuse for hifly to write "fags", right?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 08:56:01 AM »

It's not possible to legislate away the fact that a very large portion of the Italian electorate wants Berlusconi.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »

This shift had to happen at some point. Appalachia was ready to turn (Atlas) blue for about two decades due to the cultural shifts we're all familiar with. Obama was just the catalyst (for, again, pretty obvious reasons) but it's ridiculous to blame him and utterly deluded to imagine Hillary will turn back the tide other than at the margins.

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »

Wow, the FL Democratic Party is a complete embarrassment.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 06:14:12 AM »

Provisional results map. Sorry about the lack of party keys: I'll sort that out properly again at some point... honest. Some results will still change and flip about, no doubt. But anyway.

That's one of the most depressing things I've seen in a long time.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »

what's the deal here?  did he kick a puppy or something?

People don't like his posts so they've decided to bully him constantly instead of just ignoring them.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 08:58:53 AM »

Either way, the way I see it, the best way forward for the GOP is to project itself as the "White" Party.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 09:08:10 PM »

White Americans are responsible for the existence of racism. This is a fact, not a generalization. White Americans have significant advantages due to their perceived race. This is not a character trait, this is a reality. If you're annoyed by this state of affairs and blame white America for continuing to support a system of racial caste that upholds racial inequity, you're not a racist. White Americans are responsible for racism and deserve the blame and aspersions of those that they've oppressed unless they make significant efforts to change the status quo. 
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 06:27:53 PM »

Well if Bush hadn't convinced a generation of liberal/progressive/left-wing Americans that the answer to every foreign policy crisis is isolationism, maybe we would have intervened in Syria and stopped ISIS before they became a thing.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 03:41:49 PM »

This should be required reading for anyone posting in the trends board.

I don't think it's a particularly good idea to just ditch the social stuff. It's silly just to abandon your base to grab whatever floaters you can find - advice to "be fiscally conservative, but socially liberal" is pretty much feel-good rubbish.

Instead they need to apply the social conservative tendency to a ethnically diverse and more urbane demographic.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2014, 02:43:01 AM »

The culture warriors, champions of the new jim crow, and the plutocrats have won. I've never been more ashamed to be an American.

The far right has seized control for good, and we have no chance of ever defeating them.

These are the end times, so to speak. There's no point to voting in any of these elections anymore. The bad guys will never be punished, and the good guys will always lose.

I have no hope for America anymore.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies