The Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:58:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Caucus for an Institutional Atlasia  (Read 3761 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »

Welcome, JCL! I asked someone to be our Federalist Representative, but should he refuse I think you would be great for the position!

Great to hear, you are our first Labor member! I wonder, would you like to participate as our Representative to the Labor Party?
The Simpsons Cinematic Universe
MustCrushCapitalism
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -2.78

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2013, 07:50:53 PM »

Great to hear, you are our first Labor member! I wonder, would you like to participate as our Representative to the Labor Party?

I'd prefer to let that job go to a more senior member of the Labor Party's hierarchy. Thank you for the offer, nonetheless.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »

I'd prefer to let that job go to a more senior member of the Labor Party's hierarchy. Thank you for the offer, nonetheless.

No problem, we'll wait until we have another labor member.

On another note, I'm planning to create a rating system similar to the interest groups in the United States to make thing more interesting, and I want to start it with by rating the candidates for the Midwest Althing and the Mideast Assembly. JCL will be helping me as long as it doesn't involve an conflict of interest (since he's a candidate), and if anyone wants to help or take the lead of this small project, he/she is more than welcome to do so.

And...

An official statement from the Caucus:

This caucus views the beginning of the return to constitutional order in the Pacific with great satisfaction, and we want to congratulate Governor Spamage for not giving up to the revolutionaries who hijacked the Pacific Council and the whole region. We are more than willing to assist in any way possible to rebuild the region, and we encourage the citizens of the Pacific to help their Governor to restore an active political life to the region.

With our five regions alive and kicking again, now more than ever we must fight to retain sanity and respect for the Atlasian institutions, and that fight will be put to the test on the next election, which we hope will be fought only by candidates willing to respect legality. And, to end this statement, we congratulate the Atlasian Supreme Court on their unanimous ruling to restore the Pacific Government.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »

I'd like to join.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2013, 01:17:38 PM »

Atlasia is an institution and those who still take it seriously should be in one, but I don't think that's what you meant.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »

Welcome to the caucus, a Person! I know you already represent your party on the Progressive Caucus, but I wonder if you would be willing to represent the Light Party here as well, what do you think?

Atlasia is an institution and those who still take it seriously should be in one, but I don't think that's what you meant.

You think? Still, I have to admit that the mere idea of having everybody here locked in strait-jackets is arresting.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »

A statement from the Chairman:

Atlasia has seen the Pacific trying to rebuild itself with the efforts of Governor Spamage, and now those same efforts are in danger. The Pacific Council that betrayed the constitutional order is about to be recalled, but, trying to spread their dangerous agenda, an attempt to recall Spamage has also begun. I personally ask the citizens of the Pacific to stand for the Governor, and recall the Pacific Council so we can end this regional madness.

On a different note, I'm quite concerned with the new bill that IDS Legislator JBrase introduced, the Imperial Security Act, which would brand the NM-AM as a terrorist organization. I think this is a bill that we should discuss here in the caucus, so we can decide whether that way is the right one. I have no respect nor affection for the NM-AM (I think they are worse than mere trolls), but I'm quite concerned about using tactics that they would use. Do we really want to go that low?

That's why I would like to hear opinions on whether banning the NM-AM is necessary (and if so, if we want to send similar bills to other regions) or if we should fight them with more democratic methods, which would be ensuring that candidates like IBDD or Politics Junkie are elected to the council.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 01:30:46 PM »

While the movement has certainly been annoying, causing economic collapse and posting in different languages are not the characteristics of a terrorist organization. Calling a party we don't like a terrorist organization is undemocratic.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »

FYI: Labor and NM-AM have a majority in the IDS Legislature, so this crazy-ass legislation will be going nowhere in our region. Even if we didn't or someday do not have a majority coalition, I'm confident that this horrid bill would fail miserably, as there are reasonable Federalists that live here as well.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2013, 06:44:26 PM by Jbrase »

While the movement has certainly been annoying, causing economic collapse and posting in different languages are not the characteristics of a terrorist organization. Calling a party we don't like a terrorist organization is undemocratic.

The fact that they brought down an entire region warrants the label. They created terror as part of furthering their views.

It may be a little undemocratic, but sometimes democracy is wrong. Who here is willing to drive off a cliff so long the majority of passengers in the car agree? They have clearly crossed a line. Simply disagreeing with them warrants nothing more than to just not vote for them, but this is more than that. Their actions warrant this response, and I would ask that Labor look past their alliance with this group and do what is in the best interests of everyone.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 06:46:07 PM »

The fact that they brought down an entire region warrants the label. They created terror as part of furthering their views.
Check what I posted in Hashemite's new caucus. The definition of terrorism does not fit what the movement has done.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 07:01:34 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2013, 07:04:13 PM by PASOK Leader Hashemite »

For the umpteenth time, what is in your interest/in the interest of certain people does not mean that it is in the "best interests of everyone". You don't have the power to define the "best interests of everyone", neither do I and neither does anybody else.

btw, nice to have confirmation that the Paultard definition of liberty/freedom etc apparently doesn't extend to political opponents. Not that this is in any way surprising, but usually it's less explicit.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 07:29:50 PM »

For the umpteenth time, what is in your interest/in the interest of certain people does not mean that it is in the "best interests of everyone". You don't have the power to define the "best interests of everyone", neither do I and neither does anybody else.

btw, nice to have confirmation that the Paultard definition of liberty/freedom etc apparently doesn't extend to political opponents. Not that this is in any way surprising, but usually it's less explicit.

lol, I guess some people cannot separate fantasy land from real life. I am not quite as libertarian here as I am in RL. Just as (I hope) you are likely not advocating for the abolition of entire provinces in Canada and have a creepy fetish for 12 year old looking gymnasts.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 09:37:15 PM »

FYI: Labor and NM-AM have a majority in the IDS Legislature, so this crazy-ass legislation will be going nowhere in our region. Even if we didn't or someday do not have a majority coalition, I'm confident that this horrid bill would fail miserably, as there are reasonable Federalists that live here as well.

I would not consider myself a fan of this legislation. I mean, it could be necessary in the in-game context, but I doubt it's gotten that bad yet. Furthermore I'm very wary of banning parties or people simply based on their ideology (that is essentially what they've ran on - if the people of the region wish to kick out NMAM, be my guest, I'll help, but use the elections, not the police).
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 01:29:10 PM »

Right, everybody knows that I hate the NM-AM and I despite almost everything they stand for, but we have to be objective, and after thinking things through, SJoyce and Politics Junkie are right. Sure, I see the merits of banning them, and Spamage has all the right to want them gone forever. And absolutely, what the NM-AM did was morally wrong, it was despicable and it shows a total lack of respect for the game and the players (and screw the whole "it's just a game" thing, you have to play by the written and unwritten rules in all games).

Still, we can't ban their party, call them traitors and banish them because, like it or not, we live in a democratic system. They always speak of the people and how the people support them, and the next elections are a great way of showing how wrong they are. If we can defeat the attempts to recall Spamage, recall the Pacific Council and defeat Seatown, Hashemite and any candidate they send to an election, then they will not be able to deny the fact that the people of Atlasia does not support them.

Now, if they recall Spamage and keep their council, I have little doubt that they will destroy what's left of the Pacific, and they will begin to undermine the rest of the country. I make an open call to this Caucus and the parties of Atlasia to leave petty party politics aside and make a serious attempt to keep sanity in the regions and save the Pacific from this madness.

I will be releasing a rating of the current candidates to this caucus for approval, so we can have a clear picture and make a real effort to win these elections, not for the parties, but for sanity.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »

Are we discussing rating candidates for pacific council or everywhere?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 01:40:54 PM »

Are we discussing rating candidates for pacific council or everywhere?

Everywhere (Midwest, Mideast, IDS and Pacific), Hashemite is also running in the IDS and I don't want to take risks in any region. So far the list goes like this:

Pacific Council:

IBDD (UNDA)
Politics Junkie (Soc-Dem)
Seatown (Labor)

Midwest Althing:

Thomas D (Lib)
Ilikeverin (Other)
Windjammer (Lib)

Mideast Assembly:

Njall (Lab)
MustCrushCapitalism (Lab)
JCL (Fed)
Bmotley (Fed)
Inks (Fed)
Oldiesfreak (Fed)

IDS Legislature:

Dereich (Fed)
Alfred F. Jones (Lab)
Hashemite (NM-AM)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2013, 02:48:16 PM by Insitutional Caucus Secretary, Cheeseburger in Paradise »

Pacific Council:

IBDD (UNDA) 3
Politics Junkie (Soc-Dem) 3
Seatown (Labor) 1

Midwest Althing:

Thomas D (Lib) 2
Ilikeverin (Other) 2
Windjammer (Lib) 3

Mideast Assembly:

Njall (Lab) 3
MustCrushCapitalism (Lab) 3
JCL (Fed) 2
Bmotley (Fed) 2
Inks (Fed) 2
Oldiesfreak (Fed) 3
Shua (ind) 2

IDS Legislature:

Dereich (Fed) 3
Alfred F. Jones (Lab) 2
Hashemite (NM-AM) 1
[/quote]
These are my suggestions. 1s movement/Seatown or JCL. Sorry JCL but I'm referring to LGBT/Putin
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 02:03:41 PM »

I agree with most of them, but aren't you being a little too harsh on the Federalists? I mean, JCL is a member of the caucus after all, he has been quite helpful and he hasn't shown a lack of respect for institutions (as far as I'm concerned).
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »

In terms of Atlasian sanity.

3 - Good
2 - Neutral
1 - Bad

Pacific Council:

IBDD (UNDA) 3
Seatown (Labor) 1

Midwest Althing:

Thomas D (Lib) 3
Ilikeverin (Other) 3
Windjammer (Lib) 3

Mideast Assembly:

Njall (Lab) 3
MustCrushCapitalism (Lab) 2
JCL (Fed) 3
Bmotley (Fed) 3
Inks (Fed) 3
Oldiesfreak (Fed) 3

IDS Legislature:

Dereich (Fed) 3
Alfred F. Jones (Lab) 3
Hashemite (NM-AM) 1
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2013, 02:21:08 PM »

I agree with most of them, but aren't you being a little too harsh on the Federalists? I mean, JCL is a member of the caucus after all, he has been quite helpful and he hasn't shown a lack of respect for institutions (as far as I'm concerned).
I could compromise and bump oldies and Dereich to 3 and JCL to 2. My issues with his ideology aren't technically the main concerns of this caucus.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2013, 02:45:44 PM »

Shua has also announced that he's running for reelection for Mideast assembly.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »

Shua has also announced that he's running for reelection for Mideast assembly.

By mistake, I forgot about that...

Well, I suppose the ratings list could go like this:

Pacific Council:

IBDD (UNDA) 3
Seatown (Labor) 1

Midwest Althing:

Thomas D (Lib) 3
Ilikeverin (Other) 2
Windjammer (Lib) 3

Mideast Assembly:

Njall (Lab) 3
MustCrushCapitalism (Lab) 3
JCL (Fed) 2
Bmotley (Fed) 3
Inks (Fed) 2
Oldiesfreak (Fed) 3
Shua (Lib) 3

IDS Legislature:

Dereich (Fed) 3
Alfred F. Jones (Lab) 2
Hashemite (NM-AM) 1
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 10:57:23 PM »

You have no damn clue what terrorism is, do you? Terrorism is the use of violence to achieve political change. The NM-AM has not, AFAIK, used violence in their handling of government.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 12:35:50 AM »

You have no damn clue what terrorism is, do you? Terrorism is the use of violence to achieve political change. The NM-AM has not, AFAIK, used violence in their handling of government.

Violence has more than one strict definition and is not limited to  physical force. A destructive action also falls under most definitions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies