KY-Sen: Alison Lundergan Grimes to announce today
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:15:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-Sen: Alison Lundergan Grimes to announce today
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: KY-Sen: Alison Lundergan Grimes to announce today  (Read 14635 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 01, 2013, 12:50:23 PM »

http://www.whas11.com/live-stream

Press conference will be livestreamed at 3 PM.

This is apparently out of nowhere and has surprised her closest supporters, and the DSCC has an announcement planned for just after the press conference (https://twitter.com/phillipmbailey/status/351737287924662273).

Another good sign: Jerry Lundergan just arrived at the building where the announcement will be made (https://twitter.com/joearnoldreport/status/351746352159543296).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »

Assuming she's announicg for Senate... Toss Up Tilt-D... It wouldn't be a shock to see Democrats lose all the other tossups and win here, McConnell is that unpopular.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 01:03:44 PM »

She seems like the kind of person that would make a good senator.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 01:35:39 PM »

Interestingly enough this office was also set up for Chandler's gubernatorial bids, Hillary's presidential bid, and Grimes's SoS bid. Sounds like she's in.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »

Interestingly enough this office was also set up for Chandler's gubernatorial bids, Hillary's presidential bid, and Grimes's SoS bid. Sounds like she's in.
I think I have visited four differant campaign offices in the same shopping plazza throughout my life. This is a very strong signal that she is running.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:52:10 PM »

https://twitter.com/phillipmbailey/status/351773039240806401

This. #KYSen RT @LEOWeeklyNews: Cheering sounds coming from downstairs meeting
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »

She's in!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »

Amusing how many Dems not only thknk this is a toss up but actually leans Dem.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »

Amusing how many Dems not only thknk this is a toss up but actually leans Dem.

I'll agree. People forget that regardless of popularity, this is not NH or PA, it's Kentucky. At most this race Tilts Republican.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 02:45:06 PM »

She's in.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 02:51:58 PM »

Bye Mitch.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »

Sorry if this offends any of the Republicans on the board, but this will be a real race, McConnell was attacking Grimes before her announcement and the NRSC paid tweeters were as well. She could very well defeat him. Again, sorry if that offends, but that's just my opinion.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 02:58:01 PM »

During her speech I heard: "increase minimum wage", "partisan gridlock". So I suppose she will be moderately populist, a kind of Landrieu.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 03:23:28 PM »

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »

Sorry if this offends any of the Republicans on the board, but this will be a real race, McConnell was attacking Grimes before her announcement and the NRSC paid tweeters were as well. She could very well defeat him. Again, sorry if that offends, but that's just my opinion.

As with all close races, it's about the approval, if Sanford is still underwater, Colbert Busch takes it, as that is usually how very close races hinge on. And, there's the fact that Sanford people are comparing Colbert Busch to Lizzie Borden in videos that makes me he's still not in good shape.

Prepare for a repeat.

And it's irrelevant that DeMaio won part of the district in the non-partisan Mayor's race, federal and local offices are not comparable in elections most of the time.

Grimes crushed her Republican opponent by double digits and was had one of the highest percentages the 2011 elections. McConnell has very poor approvals. Those two things make me think that Grimes could win this.

Hmm.....Demaio crushed Filner by double digits in CA-52 in 2012.
Karen, this isn't South Carolina. I believe Democrats hold all statewide offices  and a near supermajority in the House. There was virtually no Democratic Party in South Carolina. This is gonna be a close race, either way.
RJEvans
MasterRegal
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 03:36:44 PM »

She needs to run a state-centric campaign or she will lose. She will be outspent by ridiculous numbers and you bet the GOP will do everything to demonize her and tie her to Obama. She needs to show she serves the best interests of Kentucky.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2013, 03:50:46 PM »

Krazen, its funny how predictable you are.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »

Before her announcement, this race was likely rep. And now, between lean and likely. It's Mitch, it's not a one term senator, he's the senate minority leader! If you think she's now favored, you're wrong! She probably won't win (I hope her win but I have to be realist).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2013, 03:59:48 PM by Invisible Obama »

As with all close races, it's about the approval, if Sanford is still underwater, Colbert Busch takes it, as that is usually how very close races hinge on. And, there's the fact that Sanford people are comparing Colbert Busch to Lizzie Borden in videos that makes me he's still not in good shape.

Prepare for a repeat.

And it's irrelevant that DeMaio won part of the district in the non-partisan Mayor's race, federal and local offices are not comparable in elections most of the time.

Grimes crushed her Republican opponent by double digits and was had one of the highest percentages the 2011 elections. McConnell has very poor approvals. Those two things make me think that Grimes could win this.

Hmm.....Demaio crushed Filner by double digits in CA-52 in 2012.

Do you ever stop saving people's old posts and reposting them? It's getting very annoying. And if I recall, you made more erroneous predictions and grandstanded a lot during the presidential election, but I don't have the time nor the desire to research all of your post nor do I save them for later. Kindly sit down, be quiet and stop being a hack.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2013, 04:03:50 PM by angryGreatness »

Republicans on Twitter are calling the set-up of the announcement a train wreck.

Because when I vote, I think 'How well can this candidate set up a press conference'

Also the "McConnell voted against raising the minimum wage, but has quadrupled his salary' is a great opening attack.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »

I'm sorry if your own bizarre logic in your own posts offend you.

Boy, go sit down. Remember how Romney was supposed to win big according to you? Yeah, like I said, go sit down.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »

More post stalking. You aren't making any sense, so please, sit down.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2013, 04:15:27 PM »

She does have an outside chance of keeping the margin in the single digits, which is more than could be said of any other plausible KY Democrat candidate. Congratulations, Democrats -- your recruitment has been going pretty well this cycle.

See, Krazen is pointing out your hypocrisy in saying that Grimes will defeat McConnell because of her landslide in an earlier not-federal election when you dismissed his claim in an earlier thread that deMaio will defeat Peters because of his landslide in an earlier not-federal election. The situations aren't identical (after all, deMaio may have won that district by a landslide but he lost overall, which wasn't true for Grimes), but your Grimes-will-win argument is extremely, extremely similar to the argument Krazen put forth in another thread that Carl deMaio will win which you literally laughed down.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »

I would hazard a guess that a conservative Republican is a better fit for a conservative state in the US Senate than a Senate Democrat.

You thought the opposite in about half a dozen posts, before you changed your mind.

I never made a liberal/conservative argument for this race, all I stated is that Grimes is a good candidate. That said, Kentucky has plenty of Democratic officeholders, it's not a stretch to believe that Grimes has a shot.  If McConnell wins, it won't be because of anything but partisanship, but he will have a race on his hands regards.
Old Man Svensson
Wyodon

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2013, 04:21:55 PM »

The dick-waving is strong in this thread.

Either way, I'm glad Grimes decided to jump in. If there is one Republican in the Senate who deserves to be given the ass, it's Mitch McConnell. Still, I'm not counting my chickens.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies