KY-Sen: Alison Lundergan Grimes to announce today (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:16:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-Sen: Alison Lundergan Grimes to announce today (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-Sen: Alison Lundergan Grimes to announce today  (Read 14665 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: July 01, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »

Sorry if this offends any of the Republicans on the board, but this will be a real race, McConnell was attacking Grimes before her announcement and the NRSC paid tweeters were as well. She could very well defeat him. Again, sorry if that offends, but that's just my opinion.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2013, 03:59:48 PM by Invisible Obama »

Sorry if this offends any of the Republicans on the board, but this will be a real race, McConnell was attacking Grimes before her announcement and the NRSC paid tweeters were as well. She could very well defeat him. Again, sorry if that offends, but that's just my opinion.

As with all close races, it's about the approval, if Sanford is still underwater, Colbert Busch takes it, as that is usually how very close races hinge on. And, there's the fact that Sanford people are comparing Colbert Busch to Lizzie Borden in videos that makes me he's still not in good shape.

Prepare for a repeat.

And it's irrelevant that DeMaio won part of the district in the non-partisan Mayor's race, federal and local offices are not comparable in elections most of the time.

Grimes crushed her Republican opponent by double digits and was had one of the highest percentages the 2011 elections. McConnell has very poor approvals. Those two things make me think that Grimes could win this.

Hmm.....Demaio crushed Filner by double digits in CA-52 in 2012.

Do you ever stop saving people's old posts and reposting them? It's getting very annoying. And if I recall, you made more erroneous predictions and grandstanded a lot during the presidential election, but I don't have the time nor the desire to research all of your post nor do I save them for later. Kindly sit down, be quiet and stop being a hack.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:06 PM »

I'm sorry if your own bizarre logic in your own posts offend you.

Boy, go sit down. Remember how Romney was supposed to win big according to you? Yeah, like I said, go sit down.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »

More post stalking. You aren't making any sense, so please, sit down.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 04:19:07 PM »

More post stalking. You aren't making any sense, so please, sit down.

I would hazard a guess that a conservative Republican is a better fit for a conservative state in the US Senate than a Senate Democrat.

You thought the opposite in about half a dozen posts, before you changed your mind.

I never made a liberal/conservative argument for this race, all I stated is that Grimes is a good candidate. That said, Kentucky has plenty of Democratic officeholders, it's not a stretch to believe that Grimes has a shot.  If McConnell wins, it won't be because of anything but partisanship, but he will have a race on his hands regards.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2013, 04:29:51 PM by Invisible Obama »

See, Krazen is pointing out your hypocrisy in saying that Grimes will defeat McConnell because of her landslide in an earlier not-federal election when you dismissed his claim in an earlier thread that deMaio will defeat Peters because of his landslide in an earlier not-federal election. The situations aren't identical (after all, deMaio may have won that district by a landslide but he lost overall, which wasn't true for Grimes), but your Grimes-will-win argument is extremely, extremely similar to the argument Krazen put forth in another thread that Carl deMaio will win which you literally laughed down.

And here comes interference, okay, let's do this. I never said that Grimes WILL defeat McConnell, I said COULD, there is a difference, you know. Number two, Secretary of State is a partisan position at the statewide level, anyone who wins statewide by a good amount is a good recruit for higher offices in most states. A non-partisan mayor's race doesn't compare, you've got to be intelligent enough to understand that.

Remember how Maggie Brooks was a sure shot against Louise Slaughter because Brooks won big at the local level? Brooks lost to Slaughter by double digits. Again, Grimes win in 2011 isn't a guarantee she can win a Senate race, but it does mean she can compete. The operate would is "could" not "will", I'm not in here making out as if this race is guaranteed in anyway.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »

His last name is spelled wrong in that video. You'd think they were going to make fun of somebody, they'd at least make sure all the spelling was correct.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies