West Virginia Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:24:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  West Virginia Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: West Virginia Megathread  (Read 22957 times)
KCDem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2014, 12:30:13 AM »

Just saw a couple of interviews with Nathalie Tennant and I'm starting to really like her. She seems very smart and well-spoken. Smiley
I think she can actually poll this off, even if most polls have her down by about ten points.

She's the second coming of Parker Griffith.

Why would you say that? She being pro coal is a pretty uncontroversial stance in West Virginia. There are probably no politician more pro coal in the entire United States than the guy she wants to replace, Joe Manchin. On other issues she seems to be a pretty prototypical Democrat. She's attacking Moore Capito for being the only West Virginian in Congress to vote against a health and security protection act and her whole coal supporting thingy basically comes down to the desire to keep jobs in her home state. She wouldn't have had such a big issue with the Obama administration's anti coal regulations if only they would replace them with new jobs in renewable energy sectors, as she said in one interview. So it's more that she's a pro jobs than a pro coal politician really. I'm pretty sure that she's more liberal than Joe Manchin. Even Shelley Moore Capito sounds like a Democrat sometimes. Tongue Capito's own role model in the Senate is Lisa Murkowski, together with Susan Collins the most moderate Senate Republican there is.

So not moderate at all, got it.
International Brotherhood of Bernard
interstate73

« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2014, 12:31:11 AM »

Just saw a couple of interviews with Nathalie Tennant and I'm starting to really like her. She seems very smart and well-spoken. Smiley
I think she can actually poll this off, even if most polls have her down by about ten points.

Why would you say that? She being pro coal is a pretty uncontroversial stance in West Virginia. There are probably no politician more pro coal in the entire United States than the guy she wants to replace, Joe Manchin. On other issues she seems to be a pretty prototypical Democrat. She's attacking Moore Capito for being the only West Virginian in Congress to vote against a health and security protection act and her whole coal supporting thingy basically comes down to the desire to keep jobs in her home state. She wouldn't have had such a big issue with the Obama administration's anti coal regulations if only they would replace them with new jobs in renewable energy sectors, as she said in one interview. So it's more that she's a pro jobs than a pro coal politician really. I'm pretty sure that she's more liberal than Joe Manchin. Even Shelley Moore Capito sounds like a Democrat sometimes. Tongue Capito's own role model in the Senate is Lisa Murkowski, together with Susan Collins the most moderate Senate Republican there is.

Well, "moderate", at least compared to the other Republicans in the Senate.
KCDem

« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2014, 12:40:31 AM »

So in the same way that Charles Albright was a "moderate" serial killer compared with Ted Bundy. Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2014, 05:19:08 PM »

Bumping this.

Capito-Tennant debate scheduled for Oct. 7th.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2014, 05:59:06 PM »

So in the same way that Charles Albright was a "moderate" serial killer compared with Ted Bundy. Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Or like how Mussolini was a moderate compared to Adolf Hitler.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #230 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »

Manchin ad for Rahall.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies