Interactive: You are elected POTUS. What is your agenda for America?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:52:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Interactive: You are elected POTUS. What is your agenda for America?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Interactive: You are elected POTUS. What is your agenda for America?  (Read 6811 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2013, 12:47:26 AM »

Some awful ideas here, good thing none of us will ever lead this country in the way the OP described.

Scary

Yes, most all of them would ruin the country while having every intention of bringing about the opposite effect.

Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent. Does anyone ever realize that Democratic ideas only lead to bigger government and more spending?
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2013, 12:54:33 AM »

It seems like a lot of people have a raging hatred toward those who think differently and wish to do nothing more than impose their will on as many people as they can. How about some moderation and populism? I'm not advocating 50/50 on everything but we could at least work together to solve the problems of our time. It's ok to compromise on things and it's ok to stick to your guns if you feel strongly about things too, but at the same time we could work together as much as possible. Who knows, maybe we could change a few things.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2013, 01:54:32 AM »

Yeah, did a gay guy kill your cousin or something? You seem good on the other issues, yet you're incomprehensibly reactionary on that.

but it's ok for the other guy to ban heterosexual marriage? A lot of these ideas are crazy but it's still good to exchange ideas.

You  probably should go back and read my whole post again if you think there was any seriousness to it.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2013, 10:25:29 AM »

Since everyone is being rather specific...

1. Repeal Taft-Hartley, Landrum-Griffin, and the Hatch Act in quick succession. Enact significant labor law reform recognizing public, domestic, and agricultural workers' right to organize and collectively bargain, pass the Employee Free Choice Act, establish a contract continuity rule upon the sale of companies, ban the use of strikebreakers ('scabs') during a strike, establish guidelines for industry wide collective bargaining, force companies to comply with a threat of expropriation if they refuse.

2. Double the minimum wage by the end of my second term in office and eliminate all sub-minimum wages. Index growth in the minimum wage to growth in inflation and growth in worker productivity from thereon out. Crack down on wage theft, unequal pay based on sex, unpaid overtime, and the like, while also significantly expanding the reach of laws dealing with those.

3. Reduce the workweek to 32 hours by giving everyone Fridays off with no loss in pay. Readjust the overtime compensation law to provide more overtime pay for time worked, plus require holiday pay across the board.

4. Establish a system of national industrial planning, wherein workers (who would bargain collectively with the industry as a whole) have half the seats on industrial corporate boards and have a lot of decision-making responsibility. Invest heavily in advanced manufacturing, with a bias towards labor-saving devices and 3D printing, i.e. production for use, rather than profit. Withdraw from or force the renegotiation of trade pacts that negatively impact the United States.

5. Implement paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid vacations, national health insurance, national education (plus equivalent funding for trade schools), and a universal basic income policy. Seek to expand the welfare state, reduce its redundancies, and improve overall quality. Reduce the retirement age to 54 over a period of time and make Social Security benefits more generous. Establish a universal child care program and make mass transit use completely free.

6. Dismantle the New Jim Crow by ending the war on drugs and implementing rehabilitation-based criminal justice procedures and programs. End the death penalty (and life without parole), end prison time for drug users and non-violent offenders, legalize soft drugs, re-evaluate most of the statutes concerning crime already on the books, and seek to reduce recidivism by establishing education and job training programs in prisons.

7. Increase progressivity of the tax code ideally to pre-Reagan levels (or even more ideally to Eisenhower levels), indexed to inflation.

8. Reduce military spending by cutting out wasteful contracting out of services that can be done by military personnel already, cut into the officer corps, automate wherever possible, and increase the pay of rank-and-file soldiers. Reduce the overall military budget to pre-9/11 levels, close foreign military bases and bring our soldiers home, end the War on Terror.

9. Repeal most of the post-9/11 "anti-terrorism" legislation including the PATRIOT Act, the indefinite detention provision of the 2011 NDAA, end the PRISM program, ban the use of torture, and close Guantanamo Bay prison once and for all.

10. Wage an all out war on wealth insofar as possible. Affirmative Action only on the basis of class, nationalize the Ivy Leagues, integrate the rich with the rest of us, and tax the hell out of them. Basically do everything in my power to destroy plutocracy and restore the midcentury 'Blue Collar Republic' that was the United States of America.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »

In no particular order:

Reinstate Glass-Steagall, raise the minimum wage to the point where it's enough to get a full-time worker above the poverty line on its own (and then index it to inflation), universal health care, nationally legal gay marriage/abortion until the 3rd trimester/marijuana, abolition of the death penalty, passing an amendment overturning Citizens United, repeal of the Patriot Act and the bad part of the NDAA, passing the ERA and ENDA (with protections for trans people), some sort of carbon tax, changing the national motto to E Pluribus Unum, rebuilding roads and bridges, reestablishing the CCC and WPA if unemployment gets too high, and finally raise taxes to high enough levels to pay for all that and some more (starting with the rich and going on down the income brackets if the increases at the previous brackets aren't enough - I'd probably create some new brackets at the higher ends of the scale).
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013, 05:29:33 PM »

1. Simplify the personal income tax system by eliminating most if not all deductions, in exchange for lowering  the rates. (EITC would be kept. Mortgage deduction would be kept but capped.)
2. Replace out current corporate income tax system with one that taxes gross income on domestic sales, with some stringent provisions to avoid companies being able to shop for the best nation to assign a sale to for tax purposes.
3. Legalize marijuana, opioids, and coca, subject to retaining prohibitions on sales to minors and implementing a reasonable tax regime for those products.
4. Implement a carbon tax.
5. Basic Social Security reform involving adopting a more sensible inflation index and gradually shifting the current retirement ages of 62 at partial benefits and 67 at full benefits to 65 and 70 respectively. (Social Security disability benefits would be expanded somewhat for those who are unable to work until age 70.)
6. Essentially scrap our current system of agricultural subsidies and replace them with nothing.
7. Push for the an amendment granting DC the right to vote for Representatives in the House and adjust its electoral college representation to be equal to that it would have if it were a state, and a second one that would grant any territory that has more population than the least populous state a number of presidential electors equal to the number of Representatives it would have if it were a State.
8. Bring the Army home.  In those few places where we need troops on foreign soil, have them be Marines.  Korea is not one of those places, tho we should keep an Air Force presence there.

(The practical effects of point 7 are that DC would gain a Representative and if it continues to grow it will have 4 Electors when it has enough population for two Representatives.  Currently DC has no Representative and it cannot have more Electors than our least populous state does.  Also, Puerto Rico would have 5 Electors and if it wants the 7 it would be entitled to as a State, it would need to become a State.)
Link
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2013, 06:24:13 PM »

I'd slam through truly universal health care, improvements to the roads and highways, a continental high speed rail system (that can connect with cities in Canada with an agreement), legalization of marijuana, comprehensive tax reform, aid to small businesses and focus on renewable energy including more wind, solar, nuclear and hydro-electric power. I'd also give aid to small businesses to create jobs and I'd raise the minimum wage to 10 dollars per hour. I'd cut the defense budget, mostly to get rid of wasteful spending.

Those are just some of the first things to work on off the top of my head...

Most of this.

Plus massive education reform.  I would probably cap how much any student can borrow in any given year through public or private sources and force universities to lower tuition.

I would put 75% of the blame for low test scores where it squarely belongs... on the parents, and end this business of demonizing teachers because people want to feed their kid McDonald's every day and let them play video games and expect the government to raise their children.
perdedor

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2013, 08:01:51 PM »

Yes, perdador should explain his exact reasoning for why while gays can get civil unioned (and get the same federal benefits as marrieds?), they should not be allowed to call that union "marriage."

Homosexuals are free to call their unions whatever they please, just as I am free to define marriage through the lens of my faith which may exclude their union. If there is no distinguishable legal difference between a "civil union" and a "marriage", the definition of the latter becomes abstract and personal. Any attempt to subvert that with a collective definition, in either progressive or conservative language, would be inflammatory and destructive.

I originally posted that the problems with hetero marriages are not due to a lack of access to marriage, and that's simply a reaction to the argument "hetero marriages are already messed up, so why not homo marriages?". My suggestion was that gay rights and modern marriage problems are not related, is there a progressive here that cares to disagree?

I concluded by saying that we need marriage reform that goes beyond gay rights. My preference would be for the government to operate only in terms of legal unions ("civil unions for all") and to return marriage to the churches and the people to define for themselves. For what its worth, I believe there are many man-woman unions that would not meet the standards of what many consider to be a proper "marriage".

As an aside, someone mentioned that "there are still people who believe in traditional marriage regulations" was the worst post ever. The idea that those against gay marriage are just going to die out and be a non issue anytime soon is a progressive pipe dream.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2013, 08:04:02 PM »

Since everyone is being rather specific...

2. Double the minimum wage by the end of my second term in office and eliminate all sub-minimum wages. Index growth in the minimum wage to growth in inflation and growth in worker productivity from thereon out. Crack down on wage theft, unequal pay based on sex, unpaid overtime, and the like, while also significantly expanding the reach of laws dealing with those.

3. Reduce the workweek to 32 hours by giving everyone Fridays off with no loss in pay. Readjust the overtime compensation law to provide more overtime pay for time worked, plus require holiday pay across the board.

Fridays off with no loss in pay?

I hope youre trolling
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »

I hear Democrats saying a lot about getting things for free, destroying our military, and doing drugs. Sounds like greed, terrorism, and potheads.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »

1. Encourage Ron Paul's We the People Act. Thus overturning Roe v Wade via Congress
2. Bring back Glass Steagall. Sorry Newt. Ending this was a big reason for the downturn of our economy amongst other things
3. Propose a repeal of both 16th and 17th amendments
4.Install National Sales Tax of 9.75 percent in place of Income Tax
5. Propose Repeal of Obamacare
6. Propose Repeal of NDAA
7. Pardon Snowden
8. Pull troops out of most countries we have them in
9. Repeal Departments of Education, Commerce, and Homeland Security
10. Propose an Anti human trafficking law based on Indiana's law
11. Reform Social Security into private medical savings accounts on the Herman Cain model
12. Mandate audit of the FED for every three months
13. Protect rights of homeschooling families rights to teach as they see fit. NO Common Core
14. Protect states rights to have whatever kind of laws regarding labor unions and those who want right to work laws
15. Propose DOMA back as Clinton and the GOP had it prior to the unjust ruling of the SCOTUS.
16. Propose term limits on SCOTUS and Congress. (No more than 12 years for any individual to serve in the same house)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »

(assuming its 2016)

1. Make an executive order to stop all healthcare spending...

2. Make a Balanced Budget Amendment and send it to congress.

3. Create a Fair Tax and send it to Congress.

4. Reform Senior Living with Home Retirement AssistanCE Program (HORACE) which would work in a two step form:
1. Insurance should be funded privately by small businesses, churches, both boy and girl scouts, regional little league baseball teams, and anyone else willing to give money...
2. If they are able to, the elderly should select their own caretakers... if they're not, have relatives select their caretakers...)

5. Propose a bill that allows the Vice President to take care of more domestic affairs...

6. Propose a term limit on SCOTUSes

7. Pardon Ed Snowden.

8. Propose Repeal of ObamaCare.

9. Repeal Departments of Energy, Education and mesh the Department of Homeland Security with the DoD.

10. Propose an amendment that makes "Stand Your Ground" a Constitutional Amendment.

11. Propose an amendment that makes no more amending on previous amendments (in case of the SCOTUS, Congress, The States' Governors and the President finds the need to change them, they have the ability to do so)

12. Propose a bill that makes Step Up for Students, a law.

13.  Reform Social Security into private medical savings accounts on the Herman Cain model.

14. Encourage Ron Paul's We the People Act.

15. Construct the Keystone Pipeline, encourage new energy, but respect the current energy that is going on now, allow drilling in ANWR and limit drilling where no one notices it, and encourage fracking in the Dakotas.

16. Discuss with Congress, Governors and the States' Secretaries of Transportation how we can reform the interstates...

17. De-gerrymander-ize the Nation's House of Representatives Districts and have the Districts make sense (Eg. FL-7 be in Lake, Seminole and Volusia instead of snaking up (actually down) the St. John's River and have the FL-4 have that area)!

18. Propose a repeal of the 16th and 17th Amendments.

19.  Mandate audit of the FED for every three months.

20. Protect States rights to have whatever laws regarding unions and those who want "Right to Work" laws...

(Yes, this is based a lot on JCL, but he's pretty much in likeable ideology as me...)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »

-raise the minimum wage substantially, differentiated by cost-of-living by state.  (i.e., The NJ minimum wage would be higher than NC)

-progressive tax reform, burden shifted heavily to the top 2% in income.  Those with an income under $20,000 pay no income tax. 

-federal Right To Marry law

-new regulations on the firing of any employee.  Firing of an employee is taken very, very seriously.  Burden shifts to management to show that the person was not doing their job.

-Mandatory 6 weeks paid vacation for all full-time (35 hours a week over the course of a month) employees.

-mandatory time and a half overtime pay for any hours worked per week exceeding 35.

-massive energy reform, MASSIVE.  America shifts heavily to solar, wind, hydroelectric, and nuclear.  Millions are put to work in the transition.  Nuclear waste will be launched into space towards the sun in bulk. 

-Huge carbon tax that makes continuing to burn fossil fuels basically impractical

-Tax breaks for small business to encourage this type of business structure

-Single payer healthcare goes into effect immediately.  Medicare, Obamacare, Medicaid immediately replaced with a national healthcare tax absorbed within the income tax.  Out of pocket medical expense for every American goes to ZERO.

-"Under God" is removed from the Pledge of Allegiance

-The day after the Super Bowl is declared a national holiday

-Unions are granted protection from firing during any strike.  Courts are instructed to assume blame be put on ownership and management until proven otherwise if the proceedings enter the legal system. 

-Any and all workers, including part-time, are guaranteed rights to organize and form a union

-Path to citizenship is organized and made easier for immigrants.  Any child born in the U.S. is automatically a citizen.

-More oversight panels to ensure the NSA is properly using any and all domestic spying programs.

-Federal drug laws for marijuana are abolished.  For any and all federal drug charges, emphasis is placed heavily on rehabilitation and counseling.

-Department of Education is expanded.  New standards for reading, writing, mathematics, and scientific knowledge are established.  All students who fail to meet these standards are placed in subject-specific tutoring programs paid for by the state.  Grade level is based primarily on achievement rather than age. 

-Higher education is subsidized.  Any student who wishes to go beyond high school to college or trade school will be guaranteed the opportunity. 

...that's all I got for now. 

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2013, 04:04:58 PM »

One thing I would focus on more than anything else, before anything else, is electoral/government reform. It is the secret-most-important issue right now, and gets basically no play whatsoever. This country needs independent redistricting, public financing, significantly expanded numbers of voting stations, a larger House, automatic voter registration, and fair ballot access, at the least.

Further on that wish list would include: abolishing the Senate, preferential voting, compulsory voting, ditching the electoral college, wholesale revamping/merging of county and local governments, severely weakening Presidential power, and placing restrictions on state ballot initiative systems, but I can't have everything, can I?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2013, 04:19:37 PM »

One thing I would focus on more than anything else, before anything else, is electoral/government reform. It is the secret-most-important issue right now, and gets basically no play whatsoever. This country needs independent redistricting, public financing, significantly expanded numbers of voting stations, a larger House, automatic voter registration, and fair ballot access, at the least.

Further on that wish list would include: abolishing the Senate, preferential voting, compulsory voting, ditching the electoral college, wholesale revamping/merging of county and local governments, severely weakening Presidential power, and placing restrictions on state ballot initiative systems, but I can't have everything, can I?

You forgot banning heterosexual sex!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »

You forgot banning heterosexual sex!

All heterosexuals will be kept in breeding pens, to continue propagating the human race while serving their homosexual masters. Bisexuals are partially-free citizens, but the details get iffy.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50:46 PM »

-- Strengthening privacy laws. The Patriot Act is basically to be repealed; the NSA is to be cut back. Echoing other posters here.

-- Weakening most anti-drug laws, but strengthening anti-tobacco law. Marijuana would be pretty much totally legalized, and the drinking age would definitely be lowered. Penalties for non-violent drug offenders would be drastically lowered. On the other hand, buying tobacco will remain legal "in principle", but both the selling and the buying of it would become as much of a hassle as is possible without illegalizing it outright.

-- Universal Adult Age. Probably should be below 18 -- 16 sounds about right to my ears. Age at which you can vote/join the military/buy legal drugs (except tobacco, age might be like ~25 for that)/learn to drive a car/get a driver's license.

-- Balanced Budget Amendment. Rather straightforward. Would have two exemptions: an open-ended exemption for times of declared war, and a "timed" one for the immediate future so that Congress could get to the business of balancing the budget, which would logically take time. To motivate Congress to pass a balanced budget amendment, we'll say every year there is none (past the deadline, in a time without a declared war) every member of the House is thereon banned for a period of let's say 7 years from running for federal elected office.

-- Electoral reform. Wyoming Rule, splitline redistricting every 10 years, third Senator for every state, preferential voting, national single-day primary (six months before the general election for the Presidency, and four months before the general election for everything else). The franchise and gubernatorial elections are to be synchronized (the first one, those sitting in prison are disenfranchised, those released can vote like anyone else, as long as they present a government-issued ID; the second, all gubernatorial elections are to be held every midterm year). State Senates are to be set at 40 members, with half elected every 4 years through an Australian-Senate-type system (to allow 3rd parties to have some chance), with state Houses redistricted splitline every 10 years, permanently set at either twice the delegation to the US House or a minimum of 80 (so 80 in most states, but perhaps more in the largest states). Legislators are not to have term limits, anywhere. The President and governors are both limited to 8 years.

-- Flatten the tax system; national sales tax. A flat tax probably isn't practical, but I would try to shift a large amount of the burden from individuals to businesses. At the same time, a national sales tax, along with a broad income tax cut for everybody, though it would be disproportionately heavier for a general "middle class" (to be defined when I think about it more), with not much cut for the poor or rich. Try to remove loopholes where this is possible.

-- Gay equality. Pretty straightforward.

-- Education reform. There would be a "national curriculum", with more of a focus on science/history/foreign language than before, and rather less on English/Literature, set by Congress and enforced by the Department of Education. All students would be required to study certain things that are presently controversial (most notably, the theory of evolution). Homeschoolers would be extremely regularly given state-run tests, which will be significantly more rigorous than those given public schoolers; if they do not pass, they are to be forced to attend public school. Private schools would also be required to teach to the "national curriculum".

-- Cut the military budget, but wisely. The military budget would be cut, rather significantly. Bases that serve no obvious strategic purpose will be closed, and programs considered outdated are to be done away with entirely. This one is rather broad.

-- Repeal of ObamaCare. Pretty straightforward, again.

-- Immigration reform. While, on the one hand, somebody with no criminal record and a minimum amount of education is to be allowed into the US, essentially no questions asked, at the same time illegal immigration is not tolerated; anyone who enters the US unannounced after the passage of the relevant legislation is to be thrown into jail for several years, then deported to their native country. For illegal immigrants already here, they are guaranteed not to be deported; they can apply for citizenship as long as they have no criminal record anywhere (here or in their home country) and receive it. Those who do are to be deported to their native countries.

-- Privatize/reform Social Security. This one takes more thought than I've put into it, but the current model can't last forever.

-- Repeal affirmative action/Equal Rights Amendment. Neither the US government nor any business or educational establishment in the country is to discriminate on the basis of race, sexual orientation, sex, or age (when somebody is above 16). The Equal Rights Amendment is to become part of the Constitution.

-- Capitals. Neither of these fit anywhere else, so I put them together: annex Washington DC to Maryland so that its residents can elect Representatives to Congress like anyone else. And finally move the US Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, along with recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

-- Vastly expand death penalty. Make the death penalty an option for serial rapists and thieves of a substantial enough caliber. In effect, I want to replace the sentence "life in prison" with the sentence "death".

-- Guns. No change at all Smiley

-- Pardon Snowden but not Manning. Everyone seems to be mentioning their policies on these two so I suppose I will too. Snowden is a very sympathetic figure to my eyes. Manning, not so much.

-- Legalization of prostitution. Pretty straightforward.

-- Energy reform. I thought I had this up there with the other stuff I really care about, that's where it belongs. Build the Keystone Pipeline, encourage fracking; but on the other hand, encourage nuclear power for all it is ing worth. Regulations against coal plants are to be kept and perhaps strengthened; 'clean coal' is to be made a reality as much as it is possible.

-- Try to make new free trade agreements with allied countries. Pretty self-explanatory.

-- Try to make access to abortion easier in hostile states. Haven't thought this one through, but everyone's writing their policy on abortion, so...

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2013, 08:05:05 PM »

Top properties:

Energy: Construct the Keystone Pipeline, push for nuclear energy, allow drilling in ANWR and limited areas offshore

Spending: Campaign for Balanced Budget Amendment (with conditions)

Healthcare: Repeal almost all of Obamacare, pursue tort reform and interstate insurance purchases

Taxes: Eliminate loopholes, slash corporate taxes, other tax reform (still undecided on the Flat Tax, national sales tax, etc.)

Social Security: Phase in raising the retirement age, institute private health accounts

Education: Encourage states to tackle teacher tenure and begin voucher programs (if not already in existence, of course)

Infrastructure: Begin high-speed rail construction project, encourage states to undertake necessary infrastructure projects

Damn, Phil.  That's all pretty reasonable.  I think you're getting soft.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2013, 08:54:44 PM »

I would act to place tariffs on imported goods, implement the fair tax, and do a lot of government reform as outlined on the political debate threads.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2013, 11:23:17 AM »

I would act to place tariffs on imported goods, implement the fair tax, and do a lot of government reform as outlined on the political debate threads.

God forbid you ever become President.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »

-raise the minimum wage substantially, differentiated by cost-of-living by state.  (i.e., The NJ minimum wage would be higher than NC)

-progressive tax reform, burden shifted heavily to the top 2% in income.  Those with an income under $20,000 pay no income tax. 

-new regulations on the firing of any employee.  Firing of an employee is taken very, very seriously.  Burden shifts to management to show that the person was not doing their job.

-Mandatory 6 weeks paid vacation for all full-time (35 hours a week over the course of a month) employees.

-mandatory time and a half overtime pay for any hours worked per week exceeding 35.

-Unions are granted protection from firing during any strike.  Courts are instructed to assume blame be put on ownership and management until proven otherwise if the proceedings enter the legal system. 

Disagree strongly. No one should have to work. Mandatory handouts from the government for everyone, work days limited to 2 hours, no one can get fired.

Seriously though, thank God you're never going to president because you have an incredibly twisted view of the world and economics, and our economy would crash within a week of your term. But hey! Job security and were taxing those evil rich people a lot!
Jordan
Rookie
Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -9.74

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2013, 11:46:31 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2013, 11:52:04 AM by Jordan »

The Live Free or Die Agenda

Abolish all income taxes.

Fund the Federal Government on sin taxes.  Cigarettes, Alcohol, Drugs, Casinos, Hookers, Strip Clubs, Lotteries, Soda, and Sports Betting taxes and licensing fees.

All drugs are legal, which means abolishing the DEA.

Abortion on demand (not with taxpayer money though)

Casino Gambling and Games on Demand.

Sports Betting Gambling on Demand.

Prostitution is legal in licensed brothels.

Same sex marriage and adoption legal nationwide.

Repeal all victimless crimes laws.

Pull our military out of overseas.  Close most military bases (We don't need 100,000 troops stationed in Germany and Japan.  Didn't we win that war?)

Gut a lot of defense spending.

No spying on American citizens without a warrant for a specific person signed by a judge.

No getting molested by TSA goons at the airport.  No going through X-Ray machines either.

Stop blacklisting states over withholding 10% of highway funds if drinking age is under 21.

Stop blacklisting states over withholding 10% of highway funds if no state seatbelt law.

Lawmaker's pay is $100 a year (like New Hampshire) to encourage them to get real jobs and get their own health insurance to see how normal people live.  Travel will be provided free though to get to and from the capital.

Abolish all tariffs on imported goods.

Stop printing money out of thin air.

Repeal the individual mandate.

Abolish Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and return everyone's money.

Pay down the debt.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2013, 08:08:13 AM »

Abolish all income taxes.

Fund the Federal Government on sin taxes.  Cigarettes, Alcohol, Drugs, Casinos, Hookers, Strip Clubs, Lotteries, Soda, and Sports Betting taxes and licensing fees.

................................LOL

Lawmaker's pay is $100 a year (like New Hampshire) to encourage them to get real jobs and get their own health insurance to see how normal people live.  Travel will be provided free though to get to and from the capital.

............................LOL

Stop printing money out of thin air.

It actually gets printed out of large and complicated clusters of machinery.

You probably mean Obamacare, so I'd like to know what you plan to replace it with. Unless that's the "or die" part of your agenda.

Abolish Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and return everyone's money.

...............Jesus Christ

How? Unless you plan to tax cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, etc. at 100%, you'll never fund both the Government and pay down the debt.

I think I'm gonna pass on the live free part and just go ahead and die if this were an actual agenda.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »

Disagree strongly. No one should have to work. Mandatory handouts from the government for everyone, work days limited to 2 hours, no one can get fired.

Seriously though, thank God you're never going to president because you have an incredibly twisted view of the world and economics, and our economy would crash within a week of your term. But hey! Job security and were taxing those evil rich people a lot!

Ah yes.  A approach to paradise for the worker, a solid 90% of our population mind you, is truly something twisted and to be feared.  Our current corporate utopia is the only sick and twisted thing that is to be discussed here. 

Yea, I'm sure that taking my ideas to the extreme that you have described might be disastrous.  But if you can tell me exactly why any one of my ideas would result in some kind of economic collapse I'd love to know. 

And please change your avatar from libertarian to Tea Party, sir. 
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2013, 07:20:48 PM »

Ah yes.  A approach to paradise for the worker, a solid 90% of our population mind you, is truly something twisted and to be feared.  Our current corporate utopia is the only sick and twisted thing that is to be discussed here. 

Yea, I'm sure that taking my ideas to the extreme that you have described might be disastrous.  But if you can tell me exactly why any one of my ideas would result in some kind of economic collapse I'd love to know. 

And please change your avatar from libertarian to Tea Party, sir. 

Paradise according to whose definition? It won't be a paradise when we're all laid off. Yes this is to be feared. There's a lot of corruption in private companies but it's none of the government's business anymore than it's our business who has an affair with who. Six weeks paid vacation would get more people into the work force to compensate for their time gone as long as they're not working while collecting vacation pay. I've worked somewhere which this was allowed and people were paid for working plus their vacation time. Not all places can afford this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies