I'm going to see Howard Dean!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:24:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  I'm going to see Howard Dean!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I'm going to see Howard Dean!  (Read 2873 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2005, 02:46:48 AM »

Believe it or not, I'm going to see John Edwards on Friday.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2005, 03:26:06 AM »

He's still alive?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 02:33:14 AM »

Apparently so, and in Kansas of all places.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2005, 04:49:04 AM »

Uh... why?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2005, 02:39:08 PM »

Yep, Howard Dean is coming to Jackson Tuesday to speak at a dinner, am I'm going!  woot!

May I ask the name of your school?  It's not for the purpose of political debate, but related to a discussion of private schools in Mississippi.  Somehow, I have you pegged for a private school kinda guy, but I could be wrong.  Specifically, I'm wondering if you attend East Rankin Academy.  And if so, can you describe it to me?  Specifically, with regards to the quality of your instructors.  If you attend Jackson Prep, can you describe that to me?  Thank you.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2005, 04:38:24 PM »

Yep, Dean is the man the Democrats need to win over red-staters. "I hate Republicans" was such a great thing to say when you need to reach out to the other side.

Reaching out to the other side is not what the Democratic party needs to do - just look at what the Republicans did from Goldwater through Reagan.  They stopped reaching out to the other side and stood for something.  That is what the Democrats need to do. 
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 04:49:23 PM »

Yep, Dean is the man the Democrats need to win over red-staters. "I hate Republicans" was such a great thing to say when you need to reach out to the other side.

Reaching out to the other side is not what the Democratic party needs to do - just look at what the Republicans did from Goldwater through Reagan.  They stopped reaching out to the other side and stood for something.  That is what the Democrats need to do. 

Wrong. Goldwater was an abberation. Nixon reached out, Nixon won. Reagan reached out, Reagan won. Bubba reached out, Bubba won.
Spot a pattern?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 05:02:16 PM »

Wrong. Goldwater was an abberation. Nixon reached out, Nixon won. Reagan reached out, Reagan won. Bubba reached out, Bubba won.
Spot a pattern?

Who did Nixon and Reagan reach out to?  They just played up the 'wedge issues' - hatred and intolerance.  Oh and nationalism.

My point was that in the Rockefeller Republican era they were simply Liberal-lite, just as Democrats are now told to be Republican-lite (Clinton is the classic example).  Reagan, Goldwater, and Bush, all share one thing - they're unapologetically, and extremely, conservative/right wing.  The GOP was 'reaching out' with Rockefeller and Ford, not Reagan. 
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2005, 10:09:41 PM »

Yep, Howard Dean is coming to Jackson Tuesday to speak at a dinner, am I'm going!  woot!

May I ask the name of your school?  It's not for the purpose of political debate, but related to a discussion of private schools in Mississippi.  Somehow, I have you pegged for a private school kinda guy, but I could be wrong.  Specifically, I'm wondering if you attend East Rankin Academy.  And if so, can you describe it to me?  Specifically, with regards to the quality of your instructors.  If you attend Jackson Prep, can you describe that to me?  Thank you.
nope, public school for me.  Madison Central High School.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies