Maps of the election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:10:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Maps of the election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maps of the election  (Read 1025 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2005, 12:15:07 PM »

OK, this is simply for fun. Cheesy

If the presidential run-off was between Al and KEmp I think a tie would look like this (meaning that the Al states here would be more for him than national average and vice versa.)

Red is Al and Blue is KEmp

Feel free to ask questions...one of the states here is a bit of a joke referring to a book. DOn't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Remember that the states here are basically assumed to have started out as in real life but then they've been affected by how forum politics work and previous election results and so on. The AFDNC has its electoral base in the Midwest-Mideast and also largely in the South.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 12:28:06 PM »

Same as above, but this is Lewis v KEmp. I went really crazy on this one, I have no idea whether this is plausible at all. Red is Lewis, Blue is KEmp.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 02:06:30 PM »

I'm going to make a county map of the 1st round results when the results are made official.
Maybe round 2 as well.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »

Maine is for Al!

Siege
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 05:43:59 PM »

Same as above, but this is Lewis v KEmp. I went really crazy on this one, I have no idea whether this is plausible at all. Red is Lewis, Blue is KEmp.

I like the notion of me winning Utah and Idaho...based on Immy's vote I suppose?
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 05:47:19 PM »

If the presidential run-off was between Al and KEmp I think a tie would look like this (meaning that the Al states here would be more for him than national average and vice versa.)

Feel free to ask questions...one of the states here is a bit of a joke referring to a book. DOn't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Remember that the states here are basically assumed to have started out as in real life but then they've been affected by how forum politics work and previous election results and so on. The AFDNC has its electoral base in the Midwest-Mideast and also largely in the South.

"What went wrong with Kansas"?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2005, 05:50:12 PM »

"What went wrong with Kansas"?

J-Mann
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2005, 06:32:55 PM by Frodo »

how does Lewis win Idaho and Utah, Kansas, Kentucky, and Oklahoma, not to mention the Deep South?

i think his showing would be somewhat worse than John Kerry's, if applied in a more realistic context, most likely losing the upper midwest, but keeping everything else..... 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2005, 06:37:36 PM »

how does Lewis win Idaho and Utah, Kansas, Kentucky, and Oklahoma, not to mention the Deep South?

i think his showing would be somewhat worse than John Kerry's, if applied in a more realistic context, most likely losing the upper midwest, but keeping everything else..... 

It's largely based on how people voted on where they are fantasy registered.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 06:41:35 PM »

I think he's going on the Religious Right supporting him instead of me.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2005, 06:47:22 PM »

Oklahoma might be based on the Native American vote (O've based lots of my campaign appearances etc on 'em, including my campaign starter  in Tahlequah, OK, but on the others...frankly I dunno...anless KEmp I believe in a god...but I'm not a Christian either.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 07:03:16 PM »

actually it could just be low turnout. The Religious Right wouldn't come out to vote for Kemp, so with low white turnout in the Deep South Lewis would win on the black vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies