Obama considering pulling everyone out of Afghanistan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:55:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama considering pulling everyone out of Afghanistan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama considering pulling everyone out of Afghanistan  (Read 1436 times)
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« on: July 10, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

How wonderful! We spend 12 years helping to get rid of terror cells in Afghanistan and in one fell swoop, Obama brings us home before it's time. Well I hope we don't expect Afghanistan to be an ally now. They would've been a great friend in the Middle East, but not now. I hope Obama is happy he's created another staunch enemy for us to deal with. Now it's only a matter of time before terror strikes again. See what happens when Democrats run our country. Yet they have the nerve to sugar coat it with talking points like "bringing our men in uniform home." This makes me want to throw up.

The main reason we went there in the first place was to strike back at Al-Qaeda and capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. We have basically accomplished that task.

What do you propose we do now? Do you think the war should continue, with us spending more money and putting more troops in the line of fire? How much time is enough time?

Oh, and for the record, Romney promised to bring the troops home if elected, too.
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:56:33 AM »

How wonderful! We spend 12 years helping to get rid of terror cells in Afghanistan and in one fell swoop, Obama brings us home before it's time. Well I hope we don't expect Afghanistan to be an ally now. They would've been a great friend in the Middle East, but not now. I hope Obama is happy he's created another staunch enemy for us to deal with. Now it's only a matter of time before terror strikes again. See what happens when Democrats run our country. Yet they have the nerve to sugar coat it with talking points like "bringing our men in uniform home." This makes me want to throw up.

The main reason we went there in the first place was to strike back at Al-Qaeda and capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. We have basically accomplished that task.

What do you propose we do now? Do you think the war should continue, with us spending more money and putting more troops in the line of fire? How much time is enough time?

Oh, and for the record, Romney promised to bring the troops home if elected, too.

Yes but not before it's time. Romney never said he'd do it before it was time so it doesn't matter what he said. He also never said he wouldn't continue the war on terror which Obama refuses to mention. Bring them home from Afghanistan and then on to the next.

No, they both said that they would pull out the troops by 2014. How exactly is this before the right "time"? If we can't pull out now, when can we?

With regards to the latter statement, I think Obama has made a decent amount of progress towards ending the war on terror. We're out of Iraq now, so this just seems like the next natural step.

RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »

Romney wouldn't be as public about it and if needed would stay despite what he said on the campaign trail. Things are different after you become president. Hopefully, we're doing the right thing.

How do you know he would have done this, exactly?

That first sentence confuses me, too. Does it mean we would be better off if the public knew less about how the war was going? Please explain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies