AK Congressional Races 2014
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:35:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AK Congressional Races 2014
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: AK Congressional Races 2014  (Read 13579 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2014, 11:22:06 AM »

But Angus King never won a write-in campaign. Strom Thurmond in 1954 was the only other Senator who has.

Oh wonderful. She won a write-in campaign. That makes her the Alaska version of Angus King. Tongue She has lucked her way into two Senate terms, but her luck will soon run out.

She has never had the following her father once had. No matter how nuts Miller is, oh how unchained Palin becomes, nothing will change that. She certainly hasn't changed and she certainly doesn't have that kind of appeal to pull a repeat of either CT or ME.

Angus King was an independent, not a write-in.

Really? IS there where this conversation is going to go? Where did I say Angus King was a write in? I said people are using the fact that she won a write-in campaign to attach to her the kind of popularity and following that Angus King has as it relates to 2016. Not that hard to figure out and doesnt presume the person is automatically stupid, but that seems to be the going thing here tonight.

My point was that you're diminishing the impressiveness of winning a write-in campaign just because you dislike Murkowski. Her winning that was a million times more impressive than Angus King winning as an independent, considering he was actually on the ballot...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2014, 01:39:44 AM »

Guys, chill.

This is an Alaska thread after all Smiley

Not to mention this is about 2014 but we're all discussing 2016 anyway. Tongue

Well I did make a legitimate connection between the two. Tongue Its burried somewhere in all those posts.

But Angus King never won a write-in campaign. Strom Thurmond in 1954 was the only other Senator who has.

Oh wonderful. She won a write-in campaign. That makes her the Alaska version of Angus King. Tongue She has lucked her way into two Senate terms, but her luck will soon run out.

She has never had the following her father once had. No matter how nuts Miller is, oh how unchained Palin becomes, nothing will change that. She certainly hasn't changed and she certainly doesn't have that kind of appeal to pull a repeat of either CT or ME.

Really? IS there where this conversation is going to go? Where did I say Angus King was a write in? I said people are using the fact that she won a write-in campaign to attach to her the kind of popularity and following that Angus King has as it relates to 2016. Not that hard to figure out and doesnt presume the person is automatically stupid, but that seems to be the going thing here tonight.

My point was that you're diminishing the impressiveness of winning a write-in campaign just because you dislike Murkowski. Her winning that was a million times more impressive than Angus King winning as an independent, considering he was actually on the ballot...

I am not diminishing anything. If anything you guys are projecting from that a degree of popularity that isn't there. The name is well known in the state with a well established circle of supporters spread all over the place. Add in the internet revolution nad such forth, it is not as unrealistic as it was before. Throw in the competition and devil you know sounds appealing.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »

My apologies. Just a case of Poe's Law. No big thing to get upset about.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2014, 08:42:40 PM »

WaPo on Begich. His strategy: put Alaska on the map, literally and economically.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »

Agreed with everything until he said "appropriators". Tongue

Naturally, such could reduce the dependence of the state on such federal spending. AK needs to diversify its economy lest it run out of oil and be left high and dry.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2014, 05:21:49 PM »

Poor numbers for Treadwell. $230K but most of that is from Alaska.

Some talk on RRH about Treadwell dropping out and waiting for Young to retire. The problem is that I have a feeling Young is gonna be a lifer.

Also, Young himself is giving Begich good press:

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »

At this point Treadwell might as well drop out.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2014, 02:17:52 PM »

PPP will poll Alaska. Great!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2014, 07:45:27 AM »

Politico has Treadwell as one of the biggest fundraising losers of Q4. National Republicans are worried they'd have to spend too much helping him in the general.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »

Politico has Treadwell as one of the biggest fundraising losers of Q4. National Republicans are worried they'd have to spend too much helping him in the general.

He has to win primary first, and (IMHO, of course) he isn't even a favorite there...
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »

Wow, dan sullIvan outraised begich in the last fundraising quarter.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2014, 02:45:44 PM »

Once I start to worry about Miller sneaking in to take the nomination, PPP makes me feel a lot better:

"@ppppolls: Good news for GOP Senate prospects, Joe Miller's favorability is 26/52...just among Alaska Republican primary voters."
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:51 PM »

Do you all think that if Treadwell's fundraising numbers don't improve, then the establishment will try and pressure him to drop, and defer to Sullivan? (Out of fear that splitting the establishment vote will allow Miller to take the nomination).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2014, 04:05:34 PM »

Do you all think that if Treadwell's fundraising numbers don't improve, then the establishment will try and pressure him to drop, and defer to Sullivan? (Out of fear that splitting the establishment vote will allow Miller to take the nomination).

Nah... The 26% who support Miller are who's going to show up... he'll either head to head.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »

Well, begich will definitely be
in trouble...
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »

With poor numbers for Treadwell, do you guys think Sullivan wins the primary?
Rocky Rockefeller
Nelson Rockefeller 152
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.00

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2014, 05:11:03 PM »

With poor numbers for Treadwell, do you guys think Sullivan wins the primary?

I think it's beginning to look possible.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2014, 07:59:08 PM »

Once I start to worry about Miller sneaking in to take the nomination, PPP makes me feel a lot better:

"@ppppolls: Good news for GOP Senate prospects, Joe Miller's favorability is 26/52...just among Alaska Republican primary voters."

His only hope is if Treadwell/Sullivan split the vote fairly evenly, letting Miller slip through with <40%.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »

His only hope is if Treadwell/Sullivan split the vote fairly evenly, letting Miller slip through with <40%.

I disagree... I think Miller's in a opposite situation to Paul LePage... He's bleeding TP voters to Treadwell/Sullivan... and if Treadwell dropped out, I think Miller gets those votes.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »

The PPP poll has Sullivan within 4 41-37 of Begich whilst Treadwell is down 43-37. Miller is down 20, 45-25.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2014, 06:37:38 PM »

I disagree... I think Miller's in a opposite situation to Paul LePage... He's bleeding TP voters to Treadwell/Sullivan... and if Treadwell dropped out, I think Miller gets those votes.

Miller's situation is just impossible. If he can't win with Treadwell and Sullivan in, he certainly won't with either one. Treadwell out, most of his votes go to Sullivan, and visa versa.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2014, 06:51:49 PM »

The PPP poll has Sullivan within 4 41-37 of Begich whilst Treadwell is down 43-37. Miller is down 20, 45-25.

When they list a bunch of no-name Indies. I've never heard of such a thing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2014, 03:18:06 PM »

Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »

Tongue

That is the result of all the hype she has received from beating Miller, basically her surviving victim status, as a result of the tea party going after her, by the establishment and media.

It also indicates with me that she is still very vulernable to a primary challenge and even if she goes third party, whether she wins as such will depend on thep resence of the Democrat and how much they get and the quality of the Republican. Nothing stated refutes anything I said and in fact validates quite a lot of it greatly.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2014, 04:23:10 PM »

Tongue

That is the result of all the hype she has received from beating Miller, basically her surviving victim status, as a result of the tea party going after her, by the establishment and media.

It also indicates with me that she is still very vulernable to a primary challenge and even if she goes third party, whether she wins as such will depend on thep resence of the Democrat and how much they get and the quality of the Republican. Nothing stated refutes anything I said and in fact validates quite a lot of it greatly.

Well, being the most popular elected official in the state with a majority of voters approving of her certainly shows that "she has the appeal to pull a repeat of CT/ME".

Besides, those numbers make two things very clear: She's not going to run in a Republican primary, and Democrats will vote for her en masse.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies