Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 04:34:33 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Election What-ifs? (Moderators: Bacon King, Dallasfan65)
| | |-+  1928 and on is coming soon!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 1928 and on is coming soon!  (Read 979 times)
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2009, 06:16:04 pm »
Ignore

A few things about this timeline...

1. The election nights will be in full with the state roll call that takes place in 2008. The same schedule for the states.

2. The timeline will be focused on mainly the elections with a summary of the terms of a President.

This will be a good timeline.

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=195483.new#new
the birth of modern america & onward election Former Vice President Blanche Bruce defeats incumbent President Grover Cleveland in 1904. In an age of unpredictable election outcomes Bruce finds himself reelected in 1908 against an opponent whose name escapes me at the moment. Blanche Bruce served as Vice President under Frederick Douglas whom Cleveland defeated in 1900. His Vice President runs to replace Bruce in 1912.
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 06:16:52 pm »
Ignore

It sounds awful.  I mean, I fail to see how you can expect to do a good timeline while focusing on the elections, and only summarizing the details of an Administration.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 06:25:56 pm by Deeds for Governor '09 »Logged

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:33:48 pm »
Ignore

Lets get the first one underway...

History up to this point goes the same as it did in real life. Calvin Cooldige who assumed office when Harding died in 1923, won a big reelection in 1924 but has declined to run for reelection in 1928.

The campaign goes the same way as it did in real life.

The Republican nominee is Herbert Hoover and the democratic nominee is Al Smith. Lets go to election night...

Welcome to the election night 1928 we are coming to you over radio.

Lets go to the 6:00 hour...

Indiana-15 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER

Kentucky-13 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER

Lets go to the senate...

Indiana-ARTHUR RAYMOND ROBINSON
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:45:27 pm by To GWB we will never forget you and will always love you »Logged

the birth of modern america & onward election Former Vice President Blanche Bruce defeats incumbent President Grover Cleveland in 1904. In an age of unpredictable election outcomes Bruce finds himself reelected in 1908 against an opponent whose name escapes me at the moment. Blanche Bruce served as Vice President under Frederick Douglas whom Cleveland defeated in 1900. His Vice President runs to replace Bruce in 1912.
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:38:09 pm »
Ignore

What was the campaign like?  It's very difficult to understand a timeline without at least a minimal amount of details.

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 10:15:52 pm »
Ignore

Back to the 7:00 PM hour...

Florida-6 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
55%
45%
0%

South Carolina-9 electoral votes-AL SMITH
10%
89%
1%

Vermont-4 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
71%
25%
4%

Virgnia-12 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
54%
45%
1%

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 10:18:06 pm »
Ignore

We can now declare that Herbert Hoover has been elected President of the United States of America. Though we do not have enough states reporting as of now to elect a President, we have seen through exit polling from voters when they are leaving the polling places that they are overwelmingly for Herbert Hoover.

So, we are now declaring that Herbert Hoover will be elected the 31st President of the United States of America.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 10:05:04 am »
Ignore

7:00 PM Senate calls...

Florida-PARK TRAMMELL

Vermont-FRANK L GREENE

Virgnia-CLAUDE A SWANSON

7:30 Presidential Desk...

Ohio-24 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
66%
32%
2%

West Virgnia-8 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
59%
38%
3%

7:30 Senate election calls...

Ohio-SIMEON E FESS
Ohio special election-THEODORE E BURTON
West Virgnia-TOO CLOSE TO CALL

8:00 PM Presidential desk...

Alabama-12 electoral votes-TOO CLOSE TO CALL

Connecticut-7 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
55%
42%
3%

Delaware-3 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
67%
31%
2%

Illinois-29 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
71%
25%
4%

Maine-6 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
73%
22%
5%

Maryland-8 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
58%
39%
3%

Massachussetts-18 electoral votes-TOO CLOSE TO CALL

Michigan-15 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
76%
19%
5%

Mississippi-10 electoral votes-AL SMITH
74%
22%
2%

Missouri-18 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
57%
39%
4%

New Hampshire-4 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
65%
34%
1%

New Jersey-14 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
62%
35%
3%

Oklahoma-10 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
66%
32%
2%

Pennsylvania-38 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
69%
28%
3%

South Dakota-5 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
62%
35%
3%

Tennessee-12 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
56%
43%
1%

Texas-20 electoral votes-HERBERT HOOVER
54%
45%
1%

Electoral Vote Totals so far:

Hoover: 259
Smith: 19
266 to win

HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 10:07:55 am »
Ignore

Ahhhh! A GPorter TL without any change!  AGAIN!

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 03:47:47 pm »
Ignore

If nothing changed, then why would the results change?  This makes no sense.

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 05:18:54 pm »
Ignore

I really shouldn't be a critic, since I've never personally done a timeline, but this one sucks. There is no coverage on the election, and there is no change, which sucks.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 06:07:21 pm »
Ignore

I really shouldn't be a critic, since I've never personally done a timeline, but this one sucks. There is no coverage on the election, and there is no change, which sucks.
We have not seen the end of the election night yet and the future of the United States of America could be changed somewhat in this timeline. Hold your breath, we will see some change of some sort.

GPORTER
gporter
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 11:00:56 am »
Ignore

I have a different idea for a timeline. This one will be closing by days end.

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 12:23:11 pm »
Ignore

I have a different idea for a timeline. This one will be closing by days end.

Of course.  This is pathetic.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout