Petition to Recall the Pacific Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:14:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to Recall the Pacific Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Petition to Recall the Pacific Governor  (Read 5526 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 02:43:23 AM »

After reading this thread it's quite clear that our Pacific constitutional conservatives place their IDEOLOGY ahead of democracy and game reform. If you read the current Pacific Constitution their arguments become absurd. The only sensible solution for the mess caused by inactive Pacific residents & wolfentoad is delegation of regional functions to the federal level, and a heavy subsidy until the Pacific is returned to a functional state. I'll give the best exhibit to the reader:
"2.   The Liberal Court shall be composed of one Pacific Justice, who shall be the lone Judge on the court. No person shall be a Pacific Justice who is not a registered voter resident in the Mideast Region."]
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=168231.msg3650839#msg3650839
Click the link for the full Constitution currently in effect.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 03:13:17 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2013, 03:29:07 AM by Governor Spamage »

After reading this thread it's quite clear that our Pacific constitutional conservatives place their IDEOLOGY ahead of democracy and game reform. If you read the current Pacific Constitution their arguments become absurd. The only sensible solution for the mess caused by inactive Pacific residents & wolfentoad is delegation of regional functions to the federal level, and a heavy subsidy until the Pacific is returned to a functional state. I'll give the best exhibit to the reader:
"2.   The Liberal Court shall be composed of one Pacific Justice, who shall be the lone Judge on the court. No person shall be a Pacific Justice who is not a registered voter resident in the Mideast Region."]
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=168231.msg3650839#msg3650839
Click the link for the full Constitution currently in effect.

While the 3rd Constitution has many errors, as has been pointed out fairly often, it is better than a anti-regional constitution which not only has brought misery to thousands of citizens (due to unemployment which could further lead to the loss of housing and a rise in homelessness) but also was blatantly unconstitutional. There's no justifying the "Final Constitution", period. You complain about how terrible the region was prior to "Operation Rimbjob" but honestly, y'all just made it a whole lot worse. Not only is the nation now heading to a recession, but the region  may see yet another month of skyrocketing unemployment, something I believe no one (except maybe the people that passed the Final Constitution in the first place) wants.

The Final Constitution is hardly reform. Reform is defined as " To make changes in (something, typically a social, political, or economic institution or practice) in order to improve it." Destroying the Regional Government and causing turmoil is not "reform" its "economic terrorism" as Sbane defined it in the Senate. Where the Pacific is now is much, much worse than what it was prior to "Operation Rimbjob".

If I survive this recall, I will push as hard as possible for another Constitutional Convention. There's numerous errors in the Third Constitution, but its a good starting point and with several additions and improvements the Sixth Constitution would be much better for the region and would "improve" it. Therefore it would be real reform.

EDIT: Another thing, while Wolfentoad had numerous issues present through Atlasia, he always worked to create activity and improve the region. You all attack the "wolfentoadist state" that is the Pacific but in reality NM-AM has caused way more harm than Wolfentoad ever did.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 03:35:44 AM »

I fully support the Governor.

This is a travesty and all of those involved in this should punished to the full extent of the law. This is not about ideology, it's about the people of the Pacific deserving a government that works for them.

The Council exhibited one of the most basic derelictions of duty I've ever seen. 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 03:42:31 AM »

This blathering about unemployment and recessions and whatnot is demonstrative of a fundamental inability by the counter-revolutionaries to interact with the game on any real terms.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 03:50:36 AM »

After reading this thread it's quite clear that our Pacific constitutional conservatives place their IDEOLOGY ahead of democracy and game reform. If you read the current Pacific Constitution their arguments become absurd. The only sensible solution for the mess caused by inactive Pacific residents & wolfentoad is delegation of regional functions to the federal level, and a heavy subsidy until the Pacific is returned to a functional state.

Well the Feds have said no to that arrangement, in two different ways. I would hardly call undermining the Atlasian Senate, advancing Democracy. I was elected to represent the views, opinions and interests of the IDS on national legislation, not to serve as councilor for the Pacific region. Granting the Senate the authority to legislate for the Pacific, would alter the representation given to our constituents without them having a say in the matter.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2013, 09:08:02 AM »

The behavior of the "revolutionaries" and probably the NM-AM now borders on Treason / Rebellion, which is a crime under the Criminal Justice Act. The revolutionaries should cease and desist their continued efforts to sabotage the Pacific region. The Pacific region should support its governor.

X DemPGH, A.G., V.P.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 09:15:11 AM »

This blathering about unemployment and recessions and whatnot is demonstrative of a fundamental inability by the counter-revolutionaries to interact with the game on any real terms.

If your interaction with the game is destroying it, I'm fairly glad I have a "fundamental inability ... to interact".
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 09:22:17 AM »

The behavior of the "revolutionaries" and probably the NM-AM now borders on Treason / Rebellion, which is a crime under the Criminal Justice Act. The revolutionaries should cease and desist their continued efforts to sabotage the Pacific region. The Pacific region should support its governor.

X DemPGH, A.G., V.P.

A petition to recall a Governor is now bordering on treason or rebellion?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 09:28:28 AM »

X DemPGH, A.G., V.P.

x Napoleon
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »

X DemPGH, A.G., V.P.

Yes, the Attorney General is making threats of criminal prosecution for exercising the political process laid out in the Constitution; furthermore, the Attorney General is combining those threats with political statements. It goes without saying that this is outrageously improper.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 06:32:13 PM »

X DemPGH, A.G., V.P.

Yes, the Attorney General is making threats of criminal prosecution for exercising the political process laid out in the Constitution; furthermore, the Attorney General is combining those threats with political statements. It goes without saying that this is outrageously improper.

Interesting. Youll never make it to VP, but please tell us about your time as AG!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »

I'll never get to be Vice President of Atlasia?

Cry Cry Cry
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2013, 06:57:09 PM »

Jesus Christ...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »

Cry Cry Cry

Please tell us about your time as AG!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »

Cry Cry Cry

Call me an idiot, but I'm not sure why this has any relevance to whether a recall petition is "treason". Do you oppose recalls on principle?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2013, 05:54:49 AM »

Cry Cry Cry

Call me an idiot, but I'm not sure why this has any relevance to whether a recall petition is "treason". Do you oppose recalls on principle?

Oh come on Alfred, who doesn't want such a fun drive down memory lane? Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2013, 09:54:10 AM »

Pacificans upset at all this should submit a petition to join the Midwest, the only stable and healthy region!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »

Cry Cry Cry

I'm wondering if he thinks VP DemPGH would be a better AG if he followed the Xahar example- you know- breaking into people's accounts, getting banned, being a douche. Although that last one seems to have little to do with his time as AG since he continues to this day. Outrageously improper? Hmm........
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 11:10:03 AM »

Cry Cry Cry

I'm wondering if he thinks VP DemPGH would be a better AG if he followed the Xahar example- you know- breaking into people's accounts, getting banned, being a douche. Although that last one seems to have little to do with his time as AG since he continues to this day. Outrageously improper? Hmm........

Don't forget the numerous intrigues which he justified his engaging in by stating a desire to destroy the game. Makes you wonder if that objective has changed at all over the years. Certainly sounds familiar.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 11:15:06 AM »

Ha, meanwhile I'm on some kind of inexcusable power abuse trip for telling them enough's enough! o_0
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2013, 05:23:13 PM »

Seriously, Napoleon, Yankee, DemPGH, you should ignore them. They like trolling, we must defeat them, but giving them any importance, it's playing their game.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »

Their party? They are just 5-6. It's not a big influence...
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 12:01:18 AM »

Seriously, Napoleon, Yankee, DemPGH, you should ignore them. They like trolling, we must defeat them, but giving them any importance, it's playing their game.

We're all just playing a game, though, aren't we?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 12:37:12 AM »

Oh God no, Alfred. Didn't you get the memo? Every person ever who has played this game and continues to play this game is an absolute Serious Person, and always has been such. Regional governments have always existed, democracy has never been questioned or threatened by anyone who has made such accusations and of course, the status quo is always the best pathway forward. The notion that anyone - anyone in a position of power now or at any time in Atlasian history - would use or has used their influence to troll, obfuscate or otherwise play political or policy-based chess in Atlasia is downright absurd, and you should be ashamed of yourself for even insinuating that. This sh*t is real and it's for real folks only.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 05:39:51 AM »

Oh God no, Alfred. Didn't you get the memo? Every person ever who has played this game and continues to play this game is an absolute Serious Person, and always has been such. Regional governments have always existed, democracy has never been questioned or threatened by anyone who has made such accusations and of course, the status quo is always the best pathway forward. The notion that anyone - anyone in a position of power now or at any time in Atlasian history - would use or has used their influence to troll, obfuscate or otherwise play political or policy-based chess in Atlasia is downright absurd, and you should be ashamed of yourself for even insinuating that. This sh*t is real and it's for real folks only.

Adam, you really, really should consider following the President's example. You have been in digital echo chamber too long. Even your ridiculous devil's advocacy strawman is declining in quality. 

You sympathize with the trolling, but you deny everybody else the one means to gain anything of value from it (responding to and seeking to stop it). Therefore the only end of the model is destruction, pure destruction for destruction's sake. Atlasia burned you that bad man?

No one, no one is seeking to turn this into a reality, save possibly for those who seem to hate this game so much that they want it destroyed with all their being and based on the evidence you are a far better candidate for that than I am.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies