Opinion of Linking University Tuition to Future Salaries (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Opinion of Linking University Tuition to Future Salaries (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of Linking University Tuition to Future Salaries  (Read 779 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« on: August 01, 2013, 09:52:24 PM »

Its a reasonable idea, but a better way would be allowing only state universities with full government-granted tuition, keeping the rich out of university as much as possible and reserving it for the poor.

So the rich don't have the right to go to college?

No, barfbag, they don't.   They should be punished for their crimes.

What?

Anyway...

I think it's a good idea from a student perspective, but it's a poor idea unless your expressed goal is to try to get universities to cut low income majors and programs. In the long run, there will be an influx of former students expecting higher income (since universities will choose to channel them to those professions), and the income of those former students will be lower than expected. Perhaps you view it as good for society that doctors will one day make as much as an interpretive dance major, but that's not a system I would want to be a part of.

With that said, obviously I'm engaging in hyperbole. Those high income salaries will drop a bit in the short run, which would lower the income gap. A good thing? Not necessarily. I think this is one way that the income gap being lowered doesn't really improve the economy much. All that lost production goes nowhere.

I like the idea, but I don't think the execution would work.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies